Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Hey all you mothers... happy Mother's Day, okay? Here at the BlueTower it will be godmother's day, as the MrKawfy family is dropping by for a cookout, so we'll get to see our awesome godchildren. And I want to play up the godmother's day part, just so I can make a corresponding big deal about godfather's day, and then take advantage of that to take care of the heads of the five families. Hmm, seems I've gone a little off-track here... oh yeah, we're looking forward to seeing the kids and our compadres, and happy Mother's Day to all.

Mother of Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Mars Colonies.
Link: What happens when you forget pizzas in the oven for weeks. What you'd expect.
Stories: Will legalised marijuana lead to an economic boom?
Restaurant pulls ‘Lion Tacos’ following customer threats.
Science: Global carbon dioxide in atmosphere passes milestone level.
Fungus network 'plays role in plant communication'.
Motorway of the future plans include glowing heat gauges.
Media: Christopher Walken reads Charlotte's Web by MrKawfy.
Ryan Gosling won't eat his cereal (best of). NSFW.
Auction: Bidder Offers $15,500 For Sega Pluto Console.
Follow-Up: Hurricane Sandy dumped 11bn gallons of raw sewage in eastern US waterways.
Malaria hope: Bacteria that make mosquitoes resistant.
The Funnies: Bored Games « EXTRALIFE.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2013, 09:05 Mr. Tact

You are right, it only made it to 399.89 -- not over 400, yet.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2013, 02:48 ledhead1969

Global carbon dioxide in atmosphere passes milestone level...

No.

http://lat.ms/18FYIhT

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2013, 21:14 Prez

Hurricane Sandy dumped 11bn gallons of raw sewage in eastern US waterways

That's a lot of shit.

Also, quit with the nanny-state shit and give me legal Cannabis dammit!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2013, 18:22 xXBatmanXx

swedishfriend wrote on May 12, 2013, 12:38:
These days at least a third of the country is worried because of this illegal activity that they take part in. I expect a huge boon if so much worry, fear and paranoia leaves the culture. The baseline for fear and paranoia will change so even if you don't use it you will still feel a difference in your daily life.

huh? How much did you smoke up before you went online today?

Will legalised marijuana lead to an economic boom?

No, it hasn't done so in the state's that it has been legalized.....lets see how well that 4/20 day did:
http://www.thedenverchannel.com
Gang unit takes over investigation into shootings at 4/20 pot rally in Denver

Yeaaaa........

Any and all of the interviews just stamps the seal of stereotype on this whole thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMSbj0VJnVw

This comment was edited on May 12, 2013, 18:28.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2013, 15:31 Fantaz

Ryan Gosling won't eat his cereal (best of).

^ why is this vid "NSFW"? lol...

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2013, 14:59 Sepharo

We're going to have frost here tonight so Mom's going to have take in those hanging flower pots I always get.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2013, 14:44 Cutter

Oh yeah, word to your mothers.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

5. Misc. May 12, 2013, 14:44 Cutter

Hurricane Sandy dumped about 11bn gallons of raw and untreated sewage into waterways from Washington DC to Connecticut, the science journalism group Climate Central said on Tuesday. That's or enough human waste to cover New York's Central Park in 41ft of sewage, or fill 17,000 Olympic-sized swimming pools, scientists told a conference call with reporters.

Damn that's nasty!

Luminescent paint for the roads isn't a bad idea if it's at least as economically viable as regular paint. Putting all kinds of other symbols on the road would be a dangerous distraction however. If you're driving in winter conditions and don't understand the roads may be icy then you shouldn't be on the road to begin with. And that says nothing of how bad most roads are in most major cities anyway. If they can't even keep that sorted the rest of it is a joke.

"The 400ppm threshold is a sobering milestone and should serve as a wake up call for all of us to support clean energy technology and reduce emissions of greenhouse gases, before it's too late for our children and grandchildren," said Tim Lueker, a carbon cycle scientist at Scripps.

Won't happen. When sociopaths who only care about themselves rule the world it leaves the rest of us doomed unless we're ready to engage in bloody revolution before it's too late.

And no, weed won't be an economic boom. You know how easy it is to grow? It's not like distilling and aging your own booze. It won't be some major new tax source. The only thing it'll do is cut out the waste of involving the legal system in it all.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2013, 12:38 swedishfriend

These days at least a third of the country is worried because of this illegal activity that they take part in. I expect a huge boon if so much worry, fear and paranoia leaves the culture. The baseline for fear and paranoia will change so even if you don't use it you will still feel a difference in your daily life.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2013, 12:31 nin

What happens when you forget pizzas in the oven for weeks.

Had a coworker do a similar thing with some steaks. I think they were originally frozen, and he and the wife decided they were taking too long, so he went to pickup a fast food dinner for them, with the idea that they'd get the steaks once they were done and they'd have them the following night. Except, after dinner, the steaks were totally forgotten about...luckily it was an outside grill, so he didn't burn the house down, but when he remembered them the next day, they were charred masses...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2013, 11:53 Silicon Avatar

That comic had it spot-on.

I wish the board games that included novel-length manuals would include a few hours worth of tutorials on Youtube. I just don't have the patience to wade through all that, but I could pick it up pretty easily with 20 minutes of video.

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2013, 10:30 jdreyer

Certainly legalizing MJ will have some positive effect, but I expect it would be fairly mild. It's no economic panacea.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo