Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Watch_Dogs Free-Roaming Footage

A video preview on IGN offers a look at free-roaming gameplay in Watch_Dogs/Watch Dogs, showing off the open-world aspects of the hacking game. They demonstrate the kind of off-mission mischief the player can get into, and take two separate opportunities to tout the game's superiority on "next-generation" consoles, so take two shots if you're playing the next-gen drinking game. There's a similar clip on Hardware Heaven that concludes with a developer interview discussing the game (this may be a tough listen, as the studio part is a bit harsh, while the interview suffers from horrible background noise).

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

12. Re: Watch_Dogs Free-Roaming Footage May 11, 2013, 09:01 Redmask

Zyrxil wrote on May 10, 2013, 17:54:
Now this footage looks far less faked, and is about par for 360/PS3 graphics. The real question is how detailed the world will be. I have strong doubts that they can give a significant amount of NPCs unique histories, routines, and interactions. Probably what it'll boil down to is an event generator that will randomly create variations on maybe 20 preset events in the area around you.

Yeah people need to remember all of the prerelease hype they've been subjected to in the past. The interviews with the producers of this game make it sound incredibly ambitious but reading things like 'everything the player does has a large impact on the world around' or 'every npc is unique!' reeks of marketing and exaggeration. We've heard all those claims before and it's usually ended with 5-10 cookie cutter presets and dumb things like the Red Dead Redemption event generator cycling through the same 15 things.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Watch_Dogs Free-Roaming Footage May 11, 2013, 05:51 Jerykk

It's an IGN guy speaking, not a Ubisoft guy.  

10. Re: Watch_Dogs Free-Roaming Footage May 11, 2013, 03:30 netnerd85

"designed to take full advantage of the PS4 and next Xbox, and that's where you're gonna wanna play it if you can"

Yep, lost me right there mother fucker, telling lies out your ass like a monkey. Already in the first few seconds you can see the texture detail is nothing compared to the screenshots just previously shown.

9. Re: Watch_Dogs Free-Roaming Footage May 11, 2013, 01:37 Jerykk

Really hope this lives up to its potential. AC had a ton of potential too and then squandered it by making the game play itself.  

8. Re: Watch_Dogs Free-Roaming Footage May 11, 2013, 00:44 xXBatmanXx

Link other than IGN? Won't load for me for some reason...  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

7. Re: Watch_Dogs Free-Roaming Footage May 11, 2013, 00:15 Prez

I don't give a rat's ass about the discussion about PC vs console - everyone with a brain knows that the only way the PC version will look inferior to the new consoles is if Ubisoft purposely gimps it - and the game is obviously coming together extremly well, so the only thing I am worried about is Ubisoft being Ubisoft. They have a knack for saddling great games with absolutely offensive and unnecessarily draconian DRM. Make it use Uplay if you must, but let me buy it on Steam and for fuck's sake, let me play it offline if I want or need to.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Watch_Dogs Free-Roaming Footage May 10, 2013, 20:31 wtf_man

I wish they'd talk more about the PC version... I'm sick of hearing about the console versions, although if I do get a PS4... this will be one of the games I will probably purchase 2 of... one for the PC and another copy for the console.  

5. Re: Watch_Dogs Free-Roaming Footage May 10, 2013, 18:47 siapnar

Zyrxil wrote on May 10, 2013, 17:54:
Now this footage looks far less faked, and is about par for 360/PS3 graphics. The real question is how detailed the world will be. I have strong doubts that they can give a significant amount of NPCs unique histories, routines, and interactions. Probably what it'll boil down to is an event generator that will randomly create variations on maybe 20 preset events in the area around you.
I suspect the same, although with more variations.

Looks great, either way!

I have projectile dysfunction.

4. Re: Watch_Dogs Free-Roaming Footage May 10, 2013, 18:22 Creston

Looks excellent. I hope Ubi is taking full advantage of 'next-gen' power, rather than gimping the game again for the sake of 13000 year old POS consoles.

Creston

3. Re: Watch_Dogs Free-Roaming Footage May 10, 2013, 17:57 Cutter

Keen.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Watch_Dogs Free-Roaming Footage May 10, 2013, 17:54 Zyrxil

1. Re: Watch_Dogs Free-Roaming Footage May 10, 2013, 17:44 Tanto Edge

Neat.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo