Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Weekend Events

Gearbox Software announces that they are gearing up for next week's release of the Krieg the Psycho character in Borderlands 2 with special in-game events between now and then. They don't specify what these are other than to mention increased drops and some heavier enemy populations:

Prepare for the arrival of Krieg the Psycho -- the new playable character for Borderlands 2, releasing May 14 -- with special in-game events from May 10 through the end of May 13!

The Bandits of Pandora can feel one of their own approaching and have ramped up the production of Bandit gear accordingly, so expect to see an increase in Bandit gear drops when playing Borderlands 2 while connected to the internet. But watch out! Reports suggest an increased population of Badass Psychos in Lynchwood, Thousand Cuts and Eridium Blight.

To learn more about Krieg, check out the hands-on previews at Game Informer, Rev3, DLCentral, NBC News and IGN as well as tune in to the 2K and Gearbox livestream on Monday, May 13 at 3PM CT (What time is that for me?) at twitch.tv/2k

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Borderlands 2 Weekend Events May 10, 2013, 19:04 nin

Bucky wrote on May 10, 2013, 18:42:
nin wrote on May 10, 2013, 15:04:
I seriously wonder if 3 will feature armor and the like...seems like a natural progression.

I would trade the first-person viewpoint for third person with armor. I'm all for more character customization, especially if it leads to more character depth and cooler loot.

I'd love to have 3rd person as well. I wouldn't use it all the time, but I do like the various outfits...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Borderlands 2 Weekend Events May 10, 2013, 18:42 Bucky

nin wrote on May 10, 2013, 15:04:
I seriously wonder if 3 will feature armor and the like...seems like a natural progression.

I would trade the first-person viewpoint for third person with armor. I'm all for more character customization, especially if it leads to more character depth and cooler loot.

5. Re: Borderlands 2 Weekend Events May 10, 2013, 15:59 Mad Max RW

I'd love to see them merge Borderlands 1 and 2 for people who own both games. The UI and gameplay of the sequel is nicely refined, but the environments and DLC for the original seem to be of much better quality.  

4. Re: Borderlands 2 Weekend Events May 10, 2013, 15:06 PHJF

This game was very entertaining for a few run throughs but once you acquire certain items it becomes very easy and repetitive. An MMO based on Borderlands would be great.

That's what Defiance is, supposedly.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: Borderlands 2 Weekend Events May 10, 2013, 15:04 nin

Fibrocyte wrote on May 10, 2013, 14:52:
This game was very entertaining for a few run throughs but once you acquire certain items it becomes very easy and repetitive. An MMO based on Borderlands would be great.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Borderlands 2 Weekend Events May 10, 2013, 14:52 Fibrocyte

1. Re: Borderlands 2 Weekend Events May 10, 2013, 14:18 Creston

It'll be interesting to see Krieg in action. I still don't think a melee character will work, at least not the extent of some of the other classes.

As for the weekend event, yawn. An increase in drops of shitty Bandit white and green weapons. Woot?

Creston

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo