Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Forest Trailer

This trailer shows off gameplay from The Forest, a first-person, open-world survival/horror game in the works at SKS Games, a Vancouver studio formed by special effects artists who have worked on films like 300 and TRON Legacy. They say an alpha version of the game is expected this year, and the video, in which it can be difficult to see the forest for the trees, calls the footage it includes "pre-alpha." The game is seeking Steam Greenlight support, and here's why they feel it's worth your vote from The Forest website:

The world
Enter a living, breathing forest with changing weather patterns, plants that grow and die. Tides that roll in and out with the day/night cycle. Below ground explore a vast network of caves and underground lakes.

Complete player freedom
Chop down trees to build a camp, or start a fire to keep warm. Scavenge food to keep yourself from starving. Find and plant seeds to grow food.

Build a small shelter or a large ocean side fortress. decorate your home with found items. Lay traps and defenses to keep a safe perimeter.

Gameplay
Explore and build during the day. Defend your base at night. Craft weapons and tools.Bunker down during the evening or bring the fight directly to the enemy.

Fight or Hide
Use stealth to evade enemies, or engage them directly with crude weapons built from sticks and stones.

A new type of open world, survival horror experience
Defend yourself against a clan of genetic mutant enemies that have beliefs, families and morals and that appear almost human.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: The Forest Trailer May 10, 2013, 15:11 Agent.X7

It was like Lost until the mutants from The Descent showed up. The music even felt the same. (SO tired of EVERYONE copying Giacchino these days.)  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: The Forest Trailer May 10, 2013, 14:36 netnerd85

jdreyer wrote on May 10, 2013, 14:26:
Cutter wrote on May 10, 2013, 12:07:
So it's Don't Starve with better graphics?

That was my thought. Looks gorgeous though.

Also, I had a full 30s commercial before that 75s trailer. That's just F'ing annoying.
Ad blocker. BAM and the dirt is gone.

9. Re: The Forest Trailer May 10, 2013, 14:26 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on May 10, 2013, 12:07:

That was my thought. Looks gorgeous though.

Also, I had a full 30s commercial before that 75s trailer. That's just F'ing annoying.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

8. Re: The Forest Trailer May 10, 2013, 12:32 netnerd85

Yeah looks cool  

7. Re: The Forest Trailer May 10, 2013, 12:07 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: The Forest Trailer May 10, 2013, 11:40 Xero

Has potential if they could get a game like minecraft going with 2013-2014 technology built into it. Imagine building anything you can think of just as you would in real life practically? Using only the resources available to you within the world they created(the forest) anything goes with no limits or restrictions. It could have potential to act out a Cast Away type of scenario. See how long can you last on the island/forest.  

Currently playing: Skyrim

5. Re: The Forest Trailer May 10, 2013, 11:13 Verno

Looks pretty interesting, definitely will check it out.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

4. Re: The Forest Trailer May 10, 2013, 10:17 MajorD

avianflu wrote on May 10, 2013, 10:07:
love the idea but they've never actually made a game before to completion and it might be over-ambitious for a first game. I wish them good luck though.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing; it is pretty ambitious, and correct me if I am wrong, but this isn't the first time we've seen these guys throw something at the wall to see how well it sticks. Or I may be confusing them with another developer.../shrug

3. Re: The Forest Trailer May 10, 2013, 10:07 avianflu

love the idea but they've never actually made a game before to completion and it might be over-ambitious for a first game. I wish them good luck though.  

2. Re: The Forest Trailer May 10, 2013, 09:43 deadearth

trailer looks really good, first half has sort of a Lost feel to it. Hadn't heard of this before, but really looking forward to it.  

1. Re: The Forest Trailer May 10, 2013, 09:38 InBlack

This sounds pretty good. Cant check the trailer at work, does it look any good?  

I have a nifty blue line!

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo