Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Total War: ROME II in September; Preorder DLC & CE Revealed

SEGA announces a September 3rd global release date for Total War: ROME II, also revealing a preorder bonus and a collector's edition for the upcoming real-time strategy sequel. The game can be preordered from the SEGA store or one of the retailers listed on this page, and those who preorder any edition from a participating retailer will receive a free copy of the release day DLC. The DLC is called the Greek States Culture Pack, which adds three additional playable factions: Epirus, Athens and Sparta. Word is: "These factions have their own unique units, buildings, missions and win conditions alongside a distinct tech tree and, in the case of Sparta, will present a considerable challenge to the advanced player wishing to restore the famous city state to its former glory." The Collector's Edition is a limited run of 22,000 individually numbered copies in a pleather case. Complete details on the CE are on this page. Returning to the preorders, Dealzon has a coupon code for Green Man Gaming to save 25% off the retail price, and their Steam fulfillment includes the preorder DLC.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Total War: ROME II in September; Preorder DLC & CE Revealed May 11, 2013, 14:30 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on May 10, 2013, 08:43:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 10, 2013, 08:11:
I tried with Chrome and IE10 with only Adblock (but disabled or enabled, didn't make any difference)

I don't use any other plugins
Do you have any DNS settings in your router maybe?
Your anti virus can also block some stuff on the site.
I found when I've had the unblock.us DNS settings in my router I was having issues with some sites.

Mhhh, as far as I know my router doesn't even have DNS settings that I can change, it's all auto configured via some magical voodoo from my ISP.

Considering other stores work fine I am gonna say that GMG needs to fix this on their end. It all started when they introduced this new checkout process, so I am gonna go for "it's a bug on their end" ;p

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Total War: ROME II in September; Preorder DLC & CE Revealed May 10, 2013, 15:11 Mashiki Amiketo

Mad Max RW wrote on May 10, 2013, 10:45:
The words "preorder" and "SEGA" used together should be huge red flags.
You mean "preorder" and "gearbox" don't you?

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

20. Re: Total War: ROME II in September; Preorder DLC & CE Revealed May 10, 2013, 10:45 Mad Max RW

The words "preorder" and "SEGA" used together should be huge red flags.  

19. Re: Total War: ROME II in September; Preorder DLC & CE Revealed May 10, 2013, 08:43 SpectralMeat

eRe4s3r wrote on May 10, 2013, 08:11:
I tried with Chrome and IE10 with only Adblock (but disabled or enabled, didn't make any difference)

Do you have any DNS settings in your router maybe?
Your anti virus can also block some stuff on the site.
I found when I've had the unblock.us DNS settings in my router I was having issues with some sites.

Steam: SpectralMeat

18. Re: Total War: ROME II in September; Preorder DLC & CE Revealed May 10, 2013, 08:37 gray

So this is £45 from GMG/Steam ($70). The other retailers listed have the more typical release price of £30, odd.  

17. Re: Total War: ROME II in September; Preorder DLC & CE Revealed May 10, 2013, 08:11 eRe4s3r

16. Re: Total War: ROME II in September; Preorder DLC & CE Revealed May 10, 2013, 05:29 Mashiki Amiketo

dj LiTh wrote on May 10, 2013, 03:44:
Maybe a browser thing, possibly a plugin?
That was what I was thinking. Chrome seems to work reliably for me, sometime firefox does, but I'm pretty sure it's a plugin causing the problem.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

15. Re: Total War: ROME II in September; Preorder DLC & CE Revealed May 10, 2013, 03:44 dj LiTh

eRe4s3r wrote on May 9, 2013, 23:00:
So i'm the only one for whome GMG hasn't worked for months now? It's stuck on checkout and never proceeds to payment options. It just refreshed the page when you press "continue" on the rewards page.

Well, they removed the forums and switched to a crappy alternative. They broke the checkout and I can't buy there anymore. So whatever.... GMG is dead to me Alternatives?

Maybe a browser thing, possibly a plugin?

14. Re: Total War: ROME II in September; Preorder DLC & CE Revealed May 10, 2013, 01:39 Prez

eRe4s3r wrote on May 9, 2013, 23:00:
So i'm the only one for whome GMG hasn't worked for months now? It's stuck on checkout and never proceeds to payment options. It just refreshed the page when you press "continue" on the rewards page.

I get that sometimes but it always goes through on subsequent retries. Hopefully they fix it.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

13. Re: Total War: ROME II in September; Preorder DLC & CE Revealed May 9, 2013, 23:00 eRe4s3r

Well, they removed the forums and switched to a crappy alternative. They broke the checkout and I can't buy there anymore. So whatever.... GMG is dead to me Alternatives?

12. Re: Total War: ROME II in September; Preorder DLC & CE Revealed May 9, 2013, 18:22 Prez

McSterls wrote on May 9, 2013, 13:36:
How can anyone say no to adding Sparta as a playable faction. I'm in.

THIS. IS. SPARTA!!!!!!

I cannot wait for this.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: Total War: ROME II in September; Preorder DLC & CE Revealed May 9, 2013, 18:13 dj LiTh

Numinar wrote on May 9, 2013, 17:54:
Rome is still my favorite TW game, such a huge leap in technology and character! Not that any since have been anything less than stellar. Current rig barely copes with Shogun 2 though. Hopefully I'll learn enough about heist planning from GTAV to pull off something new-rig worthy...

Agreed, Rome is the bees knees of the franchise.

10. Re: Total War: ROME II in September; Preorder DLC & CE Revealed May 9, 2013, 17:54 Numinar

Rome is still my favorite TW game, such a huge leap in technology and character! Not that any since have been anything less than stellar. Current rig barely copes with Shogun 2 though. Hopefully I'll learn enough about heist planning from GTAV to pull off something new-rig worthy...  

9. Re: Total War: ROME II in September; Preorder DLC & CE Revealed May 9, 2013, 14:58 Mashiki Amiketo

Yeah that's a pretty good price especially with the coupon.

Oh and for anyone who yet doesn't own skyrim, GMG has it on sale right now for 40% off.

This comment was edited on May 9, 2013, 15:13.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

8. Re: Total War: ROME II in September; Preorder DLC & CE Revealed May 9, 2013, 14:36 Armengar

Too many games for me too. Ill buy goty on a steam sale (same as i did the others)  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

7. Re: Total War: ROME II in September; Preorder DLC & CE Revealed May 9, 2013, 14:26 SpectralMeat

Just take some time off work on stress relieve or something.
You seem stressed for me!

6. Re: Total War: ROME II in September; Preorder DLC & CE Revealed May 9, 2013, 14:23 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on May 9, 2013, 14:13:
Creston wrote on May 9, 2013, 14:09:
Shit, I still need to play Shogun 2... Sigh.

Creston
Plenty of time until Sept 3

Plenty of time? PLENTY OF TIME???! :O

I still need to finish Dishonored and play Tropico 4. Then I need to finish my current ME3 playthrough. Grid 2 comes out in 3 weeks. Shadowrun Returns comes out next month. Plants vs Zombies 2 comes out in July. Saint's Row 4 comes out in August!

Where is this time you speak of, sir?!

Creston

5. Re: Total War: ROME II in September; Preorder DLC & CE Revealed May 9, 2013, 14:13 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on May 9, 2013, 14:09:

Creston
Plenty of time until Sept 3

4. Re: Total War: ROME II in September; Preorder DLC & CE Revealed May 9, 2013, 14:09 Creston

Creston

3. Re: Total War: ROME II in September; Preorder DLC & CE Revealed May 9, 2013, 13:37 dj LiTh

SpectralMeat wrote on May 9, 2013, 12:39:
I normally do not preorder games, but I think I will this one. With the GMG promo it is an acceptable price.
I would buy this when it comes out anyways.

I hear ya on that, preordering, although that said i think its pretty lame that the DLC greek pack which sounds pretty awesome and integral to the game is preorder/dlc only.

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo