Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Capcom Financials

Capcom's annual fiscal reporting is now available, reports Gamasutra, showing the downturn predicted in their recent profit warning. Word is: "For the fiscal year ended March 31, 2013, Capcom posted revenues of 94.1 billion yen ($951.7 million), up 14.6 percent year-over-year, and profits of 3.0 billion yen ($30.1 million), down 55.8 percent year-over-year." Looking forward, they say: "Looking to the current fiscal year, Capcom believes it can produce a large profit through mobile games, and digital PC titles. Monster Hunter 4 and Lost Planet 3 are two titles in particular that the company hopes will help it turn things around."

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Capcom Financials May 8, 2013, 21:25 eRe4s3r

Producing mediocre games and being the most anal company on the planet when it comes to DLC is what's bringing Capcom down, not the business model (although, I guess that is a business model too..)  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Capcom Financials May 8, 2013, 19:39 PHJF

Resident Evil 6 is one of the most terrible games I've ever played. Then again, I didn't play ORC.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

4. Re: Capcom Financials May 8, 2013, 18:32 Wallshadows

Got Resident Evil 6 on the cheap from GMG and I have to say, it's probably the best one since RE3/CV (IMO) because it has certain throw-back elements which triggers my nostalgia of wadding through Raccoon City in a bunch of missions but on a much larger scale. The hit detection is top notch and to see bits and chunks fly off the zambies is pretty entertaining.

That said, it definitely suffers with a VERY annoying camera system at times and, although it embraces a more dark setting than 4 and 5, it still retains the Saturday-morning cartoon villain feeling as well as substituting survival-horror for the Michael Bay approach which doesn't really do anything for me. There are also way too many cave/wilderness levels and some of the enemy character designs range from terrifying to downright stupid too.

I wish they would reuse some of the old cast though rather than continue to reuse Chris and especially Leon. I'd love to see Barry or even Rebecca at least get some closure but I hear Claire is in Revelations so that's okay.

All in all, the replayability is what will make this worth the $23 price of admission and it makes me look forward to Revelations if I can catch it on sale.

3. Re: Capcom Financials May 8, 2013, 12:51 ASeven

Net revenue went up. Profits went way down.

And people say publisher's will be able to sustain itself for much longer. This is a fucked up business model that's already bringing the biggest down.

2. Re: Capcom Financials May 8, 2013, 10:18 Parallax Abstraction

The one good thing I read about these earnings on Gamasutra is that Capcom is now saying that DmC: Devil May Cry has done better than expected, even though after release, they were saying it was the worst selling Devil May Cry game so far. I'm really happy to see that I guess it had a bit of a longer tail. It's a fantastic game and I say that as someone who liked the original games as well. I hope Ninja Theory gets to make another one.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

1. Re: Capcom Financials May 8, 2013, 10:09 Yakubs

"Capcom believes it can produce a large profit through mobile games, and digital PC titles. Monster Hunter 4 and Lost Planet 3 are two titles in particular that the company hopes will help it turn things around."

The way this sentence is worded seems to imply that MH4 and LP3 are going to be either mobile games or digital PC titles.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo