Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Patched

The Diablo III website announces the version 1.0.8 patch is now live for Diablo III in North America, adding promised co-op enhancements to Blizzard's action/RPG sequel. The new version also includes bug-fixes and class-specific balance changes, crafting changes, and perhaps most significantly, an increase in monster density in the 75% of the game previously ignored for farming due to the scarcity of opponents. They warn that global play will not be working properly again until all regions are updated to the new version.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Diablo III Patched May 8, 2013, 04:31 Julio

It's not even worth wondering if this is the patch that makes the game fun. There will never be one, this game is a complete mess. They should have called it "Auction House Simulator" or "Farmville 3"  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Diablo III Patched May 8, 2013, 04:24 Muscular Beaver

Guess I was lucky to play through this game right after release, when it was still semi-broken. Now it seems to be completely destroyed.
Didnt people predict exactly that would happen?

Still feeling ashamed for putting money in Blizzards mouth for this junk.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

6. Re: Diablo III Patched May 8, 2013, 00:20 Slick

Beelzebud wrote on May 7, 2013, 21:03:
Might have worked if their programmers and testers weren't dupes.

quote of the day.

fuck this game. avoiding blizzard games like the plague after D3 and HotS.

D3 is such a disaster, makes the simcity debaucle seem like a small roadbump. there was no GAME in D3 aka auction house tycoon. it was a boring 10 hours that you were "gently encouraged" to just play over and over ad nauseaum like there was something new happening.

you don't make a 40 hour RPG by making th eplayer re-play the same 10 hours over 4 times. then you don't extend the playing experience to 140 hours, by making the player replay the same 10 hours, what, 14 times now?

no random level generation, on launch for the first months legendary items had worse stats than common white or junk grey items. it was just shit.

played the HotS campain on a friends account, it was garbage, so that and what, a couple new units? when i already owned a map editor which included a unit editor? so now all my favorite custom games aren't populating anymore cause everyone's playing the updated HotS version with EXCLUSIVE 6 new units, instead of people just building their own?

WC3 custom maps has such a better community imo...

really are seeing the activision touch... waiting for D3 "ELITE" 50$ a year service so i'm allowed to fraps boring videos.

This comment was edited on May 8, 2013, 00:27.

5. Re: Diablo III Patched May 8, 2013, 00:03 Scottish Martial Arts

Beelzebud wrote on May 7, 2013, 22:54:
I just find it so frustrating, because i've always loved Diablo games, and the actual game play on this one is not bad at all.

They just completely lost the thread when they decided to tune everything around the damned auction houses.

That was my take as well. The game itself, that is killing challenging monsters with fun abilities, was quite good, but the itemization and economy were so hosed as to remove any long term viability to the game. I took my Demon Hunter part way through Inferno, and, although I had a great time doing it, I have no particular desire to pick it up again.

4. Re: Diablo III Patched May 7, 2013, 23:07 Acleacius

Anyone ever figure out who was the exec who officially approved putting the RM AH in the game? Just wondering who I should be ridiculing and mocking for the rest of their lives.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

3. Re: Diablo III Patched May 7, 2013, 22:54 Beelzebud

I just find it so frustrating, because i've always loved Diablo games, and the actual game play on this one is not bad at all.

They just completely lost the thread when they decided to tune everything around the damned auction houses.

2. Re: Diablo III Patched May 7, 2013, 21:57 Wallshadows

Yup, the economy is pretty much in full meltdown right now. Since it can affect the RMAH, I wouldn't be surprised if they did a rollback if possible to keep their golden cow from getting bruises and look bad. Trouble is, what would happen to the regular Joe who bought a legit item at an actual price since these shenanigans began. Would it go poof since it would be caught in the rollback net and lose the money he spent on it?

This would be easy fix if it was only gold but their RMAH is going to bite them in the ass because of this kind of shit. They were worried about the players fucking up the game's economy but in reality, they seem to be doing it more to themselves.

1. Re: Diablo III Patched May 7, 2013, 21:03 Beelzebud

So I figured 'what the hell, I'll try this out', after not playing for a few months.

I log in, and see the auction house is down. I look at general chat and people are talking about a gold dupe. I go to the forum, and yep, there was a gold dupe live after the patch went up. Go to sell money on the ah, cancel it, and it would give you double back.

Yep, that corporate merge with Activision really worked out well for them. I'm glad they made Diablo 3 online-only to stop things like dupes from happening. Might have worked if their programmers and testers weren't dupes.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo