Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steamships Ahoy - Tomb Raider: Shipwrecked

Square Enix announces the Shipwrecked map pack is now available for Tomb Raider on Windows PCs and last-generation consoles to add new multiplayer content to the recently released action/adventure reboot. The Windows edition is available on Steam where they are also selling new Demolition, Mountaineer, and Sure-Shot skins, continuing to leave untold sums of money on the table by withholding the skin skin. The two maps in the Shipwrecked pack are Lost Fleet, where a "massive beached ship serves as a dangerous battleground filled with twists, turns, and traps," and Himiko’s Cradle, in which: "Danger lurks around every corner in this mountain top shrine. The area is sacred to the scavengers and will be your final resting place if you are not careful."

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Tomb Raider: Shipwrecked May 7, 2013, 17:51 Bradley

jdreyer wrote on May 7, 2013, 17:28:
This was all I could find.
That's going to leave a memorable sun tan.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Tomb Raider: Shipwrecked May 7, 2013, 17:40 Asmo

The multiplayer wasn't in and of itself bad, when you could actually get a game. Any player without the DLC queued up against others without the DLC and I'm guessing those who were interested in MP must have bought the DLC because I got a grand total of 1 game in 3/4's of an hour of trying to get one...

I don't have a problem adding MP to a title, but when it's their entire focus for game expansion, it seems like a huge opportunity missed...

8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Tomb Raider: Shipwrecked May 7, 2013, 17:28 jdreyer

sauron wrote on May 7, 2013, 13:26:
Bikini skin FTW. ^^

This was all I could find.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Tomb Raider: Shipwrecked May 7, 2013, 17:24 jdreyer

WyldKat wrote on May 7, 2013, 15:47:
I still don't understand why they insist on pushing out maps for their competitive multiplayer instead of single player DLC which is where the game really shines. Or perhaps go the extra mile and release some coop content.

Call of Duty, that's why!

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Tomb Raider: Shipwrecked May 7, 2013, 15:47 WyldKat

I still don't understand why they insist on pushing out maps for their competitive multiplayer instead of single player DLC which is where the game really shines. Or perhaps go the extra mile and release some coop content.  

5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Tomb Raider: Shipwrecked May 7, 2013, 14:23 The Half Elf

Bioshock 2 MP wasn't bad (when it worked), it was a nice throwback to the old Wheel of Time game multiplayer (spell system).  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Tomb Raider: Shipwrecked May 7, 2013, 14:09 Prez

This has got to be in the running for most pointless multiplayer mode ever. It admittedly had stiff competition from Max Payne 3 and Bioshck 2 though.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Tomb Raider: Shipwrecked May 7, 2013, 13:41 Verno

I wish there was some SP DLC for this but I felt like I got a complete experience without it. The MP was a complete waste of resources though and MP DLC is just fleecing fools.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Tomb Raider: Shipwrecked May 7, 2013, 13:26 sauron

Bikini skin FTW. ^^  

Kittens!

1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Tomb Raider: Shipwrecked May 7, 2013, 12:59 Tanto Edge

At least horse armour protected you.
0.99 cents and it doesn't add shit.
If you're paying for this, you deserve to lose your money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo