Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EA's Exclusive Star Wars Game Rights

EA announces "a new multi-year exclusive licensing agreement to develop and publish globally new games based on Star Wars characters and storylines." The announcement has comments from EA Labels President Frank Gibeau, as does a new blog update on the topic on EA News, neither of which disclose the financial terms of the agreement. Here's what the announcement says about the deal: "Here's what this covers: "Under the agreement, EA will develop and publish new Star Wars titles for a core gaming audience, spanning all interactive platforms and the most popular game genres, while Disney will retain certain rights to develop new titles within the mobile, social, tablet and online game categories." Here's Frank Gibeau's outline of their general plans:

The EA Studios that will develop these games are some of the most innovative and popular creative teams in the world, and include DICE and Visceral, in addition to the BioWare team, which is already developing for the Star Wars franchise. These imaginative teams will make games that may borrow from films, but the games will be entirely original with all new stories. Powering it all will be the Frostbite 3 development engine guaranteeing incredible graphic fidelity, environments and characters.

View
51 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

11. Re: EA's Exclusive Star Wars Game Rights May 6, 2013, 17:12 theyarecomingforyou

As long as EA continues its boycott of Steam I won't be buying any of these games. Not that it matters, as they'll all be micro-transaction based ultra-casual games targeted at children.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: EA's Exclusive Star Wars Game Rights May 6, 2013, 17:04 Jivaro

fuck.  

9. Re: EA's Exclusive Star Wars Game Rights May 6, 2013, 17:02 1badmf

haha by all means fellas, keep the star wars puns rolling!  

8. Re: EA's Exclusive Star Wars Game Rights May 6, 2013, 17:02 DangerDog

I would LOVE to get my hands on a Star Wars flavored Battlefield game - yes there's that mod for 2142 but it isn't quite as compelling as a game made from the ground up or one that utilizes the frostbite engine.  

7. Re: EA's Exclusive Star Wars Game Rights May 6, 2013, 17:02 UttiniDaKilrJawa

Guess i can scratch off star wars games off my buy list.  

6. Re: EA's Exclusive Star Wars Game Rights May 6, 2013, 16:58 nin

Wow - someone threw EA a life preserver...

At least we won't be missing much.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: EA's Exclusive Star Wars Game Rights May 6, 2013, 16:57 sauron

"I've got a bad feeling about this"

edit - BEATEN - GAH!

Kittens!

4. Re: EA's Exclusive Star Wars Game Rights May 6, 2013, 16:57 coldbricksNZ

I could handle having my hand cut off.

I could deal with having a crush on my sister.

Finding out that my Nemesis is my Father, no problems.

This, however, this I cannot begin to understand.

I have a bad feeling about this. (Someone had to)

3. Re: EA's Exclusive Star Wars Game Rights May 6, 2013, 16:53 Yosemite Sam

Exclusive... damn, there goes any hope whatsoever of someone producing niche Star Wars games like a new X-wing. Knew Disney wasn't going to do shit with it but hoped they would license out the brand to anyone who wanted to go for it... not give friken EA an exclusive license... here comes Call of Star Wars 1-infinity.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

2. Re: EA's Exclusive Star Wars Game Rights May 6, 2013, 16:49 El Pit

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of gamers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened. Flush  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

1. Re: EA's Exclusive Star Wars Game Rights May 6, 2013, 16:41 dj LiTh

NOOOooOOoOoOooooOOOOooooOOooooOOOOOoooOOo (gasps for air), NooooOOoooOOOOoOoooooooOOOo!  

51 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo