Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More on The Sims 4

EA offers more details on The Sims 4, the just-announced new installment in the wee people simulation. They note that The Sims 4 Website is online with newsletter signups for the game, as well as details. Those details, unfortunately, are in Simlish, so we have to rely on what they sent along for more on this, which stress this being a "single-player offline experience," doubtless to distance this project from the furor over the online-only nature of SimCity:

Sul Sul! Maxis and Electronic Arts today announced that The Sims™ 4 is currently in development at The Sims Studio for release on PC and Mac in 2014. The Sims 4 celebrates the heart and soul of the Sims themselves, giving players a deeper connection with the most expressive, surprising and charming Sims ever in this single-player offline experience. The Sims 4 encourages players to personalize their world with new and intuitive tools while offering them the ability to effortlessly share their creativity with friends and fans.

The Sims franchise is fueled by the passion and creativity of its millions of fans around the world. Their continued devotion to the franchise ignites the fire of creativity of the team at The Sims Studio, driving them to continually improve and innovate on one of the world’s most popular simulation games that has sold more than 150 million copies worldwide.

As a thank you for the support of the more than 30 million fans that share and discuss stories about The Sims across global social networks, a special VIP briefing was held this morning where several of the world’s top fans were amongst the first to hear the news about The Sims 4. This select group was the first in the world to hear from the creative team for The Sims 4, and they will receive special access to the development team as the game progresses.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: More on The Sims 4 May 6, 2013, 18:39 deqer

"Hey guys, we finished our homework of all the bugs, glitches, etc. for The Sims 3, but we feel it's best for us to put all this into a new game that we can sell AGAIN. Meet, Sims 4!"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: More on The Sims 4 May 6, 2013, 18:32 Bhruic

Verno wrote on May 6, 2013, 15:22:
Not that this impacts me personally but I'll believe it when I see it, SimCity was a singleplayer offline experience too until 8 months before the release date they just reversed course.

Oh, you can believe it now. The Sims is such a cash cow for EA that there's no way they'd fuck it up. Put out the base game with barely any items in the game, then sell addons for the next few years. They rake in the money.

9. Re: More on The Sims 4 May 6, 2013, 17:46 Bradley

Narf2029 wrote on May 6, 2013, 17:10:
If it doesn't offer multiplayer, what will it offer that Sims 3 can't already do?

Not glitching out, crashing, and corrupting the game world would be a nice feature they could add if they can find some time between adding online features no one wants.

8. Re: More on The Sims 4 May 6, 2013, 17:10 Narf2029

Wildone wrote on May 6, 2013, 16:16:
Mutiplayer or pass

+1. If it doesn't offer multiplayer, what will it offer that Sims 3 can't already do? Looking better is not enough. You're not gonna find a hardcore, super-graphics-or-bust group of Sims players.

Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

7. Re: More on The Sims 4 May 6, 2013, 16:58 Quboid

ItBurn wrote on May 6, 2013, 15:30:
Not that this impacts me personally but I'll believe it when I see it, SimCity was a singleplayer offline experience too until 8 months before the release date they just reversed course.

It's pretty funny that they mention that so clearly. Sim City ripples.

That says it all for SimCity, their own press releases subtly distance themselves from it. Good, it means EA have actually noticed that SimCity wasn't received with entirely unanimous praise.

How long this lesson stays with them remains to be seen. As Verno says, it might not even last until this game's release date.

The Sims can be fun. I always found building the house to be much more enjoyable than playing a soap opera. It might be worth getting for that alone.

- Quboid

6. Re: More on The Sims 4 May 6, 2013, 16:16 Wildone

Mutiplayer or pass  

5. Re: More on The Sims 4 May 6, 2013, 15:56 Cutter

I hope EA keeps forcing it and they keep failing. Maybe it'll finally kill those pricks once and for all.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: More on The Sims 4 May 6, 2013, 15:31 SpectralMeat

Mentioning "share" and "social networks" in this press release is paving the road for the inevitable announcement of the "always online features" like
-play your single player game when our servers are up
-share photos of your sim with your friends and family on facebook seemlessly
-chat with your facebook friends while you are brushing your sims hair in game!

and the list goes on and on .......

Steam: SpectralMeat

3. Re: More on The Sims 4 May 6, 2013, 15:30 ItBurn

It's pretty funny that they mention that so clearly. Sim City ripples.

2. Re: More on The Sims 4 May 6, 2013, 15:24 nin

Sul Sul!

Yawn...yawn...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: More on The Sims 4 May 6, 2013, 15:22 Verno

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo