Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

When the Knicks started losing playoff games to the Celtics after going up 3-0 in their series, I was able to take some comfort from history: No NBA team has ever overcome such a deficit to win a seven game playoff, and sure enough, the Celts were not able to complete their run, which certainly showed a lot of championship heart. Now I have to start rooting against history after they lost game one in their series against the Pacers, as the Knicks have never won a playoff series after losing the home opener. And the last time they lost game one at home was also against the Pacers back in 1995. At least the Pacers don't still have Reggie Miller, though I'm pretty sure the Knick killer would still be able to put up 20 points per game against the Knickerbockers at age 47, so thankfully he's decided to take it easy these days.

Easy Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Path Barrel.
Links: Here is Today.
Science: Telescope detects the most energetic gamma-ray burst yet.
Study: Engineered airborne hybrid flu contagious between mammals.
Images: APOD: A Supercell Thunderstorm Cloud Over Montana. Thanks brother19.
Media: Aussie Star Wars - Episode IV- A New Bloke. NSFW. Thanks nin via Kotaku.
Best News Bloopers April 2013. NSFW.
Japanese Sticky Floor prank. Thanks reddit.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2013, 12:27 Creston

Verno wrote on May 6, 2013, 11:52:
Creston wrote on May 6, 2013, 11:34:
Ugh, Google just warned me that some fucking cuntrag from China has been trying to hack my various Google accounts. How about we just cut China off from the fucking internet altogether? Then those fucking drooltards can hack each other to their hearts' content.

They just use other methods around the blocks unfortunately, many providers already have very stringent filtering for .cn/etc related traffic.

Yeah, so I mean, just physically cut them off. Stop accepting satellite traffic from China and cut every cable going there. Fucking China.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2013, 12:10 sauron

So I'm finally about done with Guild Wars 2 after 8 months, two max level characters, a Legendary weapon, completed world map and a lot of World vs World fun. One of my favorite games, I think.

I never really got into GW1 but have a couple of the titles sitting on my shelf. Are they still worth firing up or should I just go straight for Skyrim (also have it, never played it).

Thanks for advice, Blues' RPG connoisseurs!

Kittens!

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2013, 11:52 Verno

Creston wrote on May 6, 2013, 11:34:
Ugh, Google just warned me that some fucking cuntrag from China has been trying to hack my various Google accounts. How about we just cut China off from the fucking internet altogether? Then those fucking drooltards can hack each other to their hearts' content.

They just use other methods around the blocks unfortunately, many providers already have very stringent filtering for .cn/etc related traffic.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2013, 11:42 Mr. Tact

Good fraking luck: Report: YouTube Paid Subscription Channels Expected Soon -- you'll never get a single penny from me.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2013, 11:37 Creston

That is an incredible pic of a Mesocyclone cell. If you ever see something like that anywhere near you, fucking HIDE. Preferably about 30 feet underground. :O

Creston

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2013, 11:34 Creston

Creston

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2013, 10:25 Beamer

I saw The Place Beyond The Pines.

Great flick. Probably much better than Iron Man or Oblivion, but you have to be willing to sit through something very weighty. Totally different experience.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2013, 10:14 Mr. Tact

I agree, InBlack. Between the two, I'd take Oblivion over Iron Man 3.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2013, 10:08 InBlack

On a semi-related note. I watched "Oblivion" a few days ago. I have to say that if you can stomach Tom Cruise its a pretty good Sci-Fi flick, much better than reviews give it credit for. Sure the story's premise is not very original and the ending is somewhat typical hollywood fare but the writing, acting and cinematography are pretty top notch. I have to say I enjoyed it a lot more than Prometheus.  

I have a nifty blue line!

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2013, 10:01 Mr. Tact

Oh, I don't know. I kind of liked "super paltrow". Although I admit it was more because it was such a different role for Paltrow than anything else.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2013, 09:53 nin

Mr. Tact wrote on May 6, 2013, 09:45:
So, I talked myself into going to Iron Man 3 over the weekend at the newly completed local IMax theater (it was the first movie shown there). The movie was fine. But I have to say I continue to be TOTALLY underwhelmed by 3D technology. I find it, at best, distracting. I don't think it adds to the experience at all.

I went for 2D, as I didn't feel like paying extra and hoped it might be less crowded (and I don't need 3d for everything). I thought it was better than 2, but that's not saying much. And it still felt like it kind of fell apart in the 3rd act, especially super paltrow. Some serious shark jumping there...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2013, 09:45 Mr. Tact

So, I talked myself into going to Iron Man 3 over the weekend at the newly completed local IMax theater (it was the first movie shown there). The movie was fine. But I have to say I continue to be TOTALLY underwhelmed by 3D technology. I find it, at best, distracting. I don't think it adds to the experience at all.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2013, 09:12 1badmf

the pundits are gonna eat massive helpings of crow in this series. the pacers are clearly the better team: better talent, better depth, better coached. the knicks have melo and smith going on hot streaks. their ridiculous shooting ability will probably win a game or two, but the pacers' superior size and athleticism will be the deciding factor in the end.  

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo