Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Dishonored Void Walker's Arsenal DLC This Month

The Bethesda Blog has details on the Void Walker's Arsenal DLC coming to Dishonored on May 14th. This gathers together four DLC packs previously only available as preorder bonuses. Word is: "With the Void Walker’s Arsenal add-on pack, gain immediate access to four content bundles previously available only through pre-ordering Dishonored. The Acrobatic Killer Pack, Arcane Assassin Pack, Backstreet Butcher Pack and Shadow Rat Pack offer unique character bonuses, additional bone charm slots, unhidden books and bonus coins that will aid you in your pursuit of revenge. Found in the Hound Pits Pub, use these items to enhance your playthrough of Corvo’s main campaign in the original game."

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

9. Re: Dishonored Void Walker's Arsenal DLC This Month May 4, 2013, 06:01 Quinn

Apart from the magic abilities, Thief had all those options as well. Sadly, the magic made the game way too easy, and for me there was a game-breaking lack of motivation to explore.

I can't repeat it enough times: too me Dishonored was way too little way too late in every (!!!) aspect. The world and the story were incredibly boring and uninteresting. And that's coming from a steampunk lover.

This game has been overcredited, imo.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Dishonored Void Walker's Arsenal DLC This Month May 4, 2013, 01:47 Jerykk

If you're ghosting, you shouldn't even be attacking anyone. Ghosting means sneaking your way through a level and leaving no trace behind. Bodies, living or not, are traces.

There are many ways to sneak through the game without resorting to violence.
1) Blink past guards or find alternate entry points.
2) Bend Time to sneak past guards or pickpocket their keys to gain access to locked areas.
3) Possess guards to move through the environment unhindered.
4) Summon rats and then possess one to sneak past guards.
5) Hit a wall with your sword to make a noise and distract guards.
6) Shoot a wall with your crossbow to make a noise and distract guards.
7) Fire your pistol to make a noise and distract guards.
8) Blow up your grenade to make a noise and distract guards.
9) Possess various animals to sneak past guards and/or gain access to alternate entry points.
10) Bend time to allow you to make noise (like shattering a glass case containing loot) without alerting guards.
11) Pick up and throw random objects to distract guards.
12) Hide in shadows to make yourself harder to detect at a distance.
13) Use Dark Vision to track guard movements and vision cones so you can avoid them.
14) Look through keyholes so you can scout rooms before entering.
15) Close doors to obscure NPC vision and reduce the range of sound coming from inside the room.
16) Blow out candles to darken the area and make yourself harder to see at a distance.
17) Lean around corners to observe guards without exposing yourself.

Stealth has always been a minimalist endeavor dictated by restraint. If you wanted to, you could go through Thief headshotting guards with your bow. You could go through Splinter Cell headshotting guards with your guns. You could go through Hitman mowing down guards with assault rifles. Neutralizing guards has always been a simple matter. Ghosting is not. Dishonored offers more ways to be sneaky than any other stealth game.

You took the path of least resistance and just knocked out every guard you encountered. That's probably why you never felt the need to fully explore the game's mechanics and how they can be used for stealth. It's like playing a game on Easy and then complaining that it was too easy.

This comment was edited on May 4, 2013, 01:54.

7. Re: Dishonored Void Walker's Arsenal DLC This Month May 4, 2013, 00:57 ItBurn

Calm down. I do like stealth. I ALWAYS play stealthy in every single game. It's just that other games do it a little better. I'm not sure we played the same game.

You have only 2.5 options if you want to ghost: Choke, sleeping dart or just going on your way(0.5). That's it! Let's see how it's possible to kill: dagger, pistol, crossbow, crossbow explosive, grenades, sticky grenades, spring razors. That's more than twice as much crap and I'm not even looking at spells and environmental hazards, which would take this up to ridiculous levels of ways to kill.

6. Re: Dishonored Void Walker's Arsenal DLC This Month May 4, 2013, 00:11 Jerykk

What? The game isn't catered towards action players at all. If you just run around killing stuff, you're missing out on all the interesting ambient dialogue, the Thief-like atmosphere and the interesting navigation challenges.

It seems like you just don't like stealth gameplay, which makes me wonder why you decided to be stealthy. Quinn had similar complaints and it seemed like the only reason he played stealthy was so that he could get the "good" ending. I ghosted my way through the game because I like ghosting, not because I cared about my chaos rating or which ending I'd get.

Also, it's a load of crap that all of your weapons and abilities are only useful for combat. The only abilities that are only useful for combat is Wind Blast and Blood Thirsty. Everything else is useful for stealth and traversal as well. As for weapons, the crossbow has sleeping darts and the regular darts can be used to distract guards. The pistol, sword and grenade are all lethal but can be used to distract guards as well. The Razorwire mine is the only weapon that's exclusively used for killing.

This comment was edited on May 4, 2013, 00:24.

5. Re: Dishonored Void Walker's Arsenal DLC This Month May 3, 2013, 23:40 ItBurn

I finished the game last week. It was good, but kinda monotonous. Textures are terrible up close. Not rage bad, but close. Story was catchy. I was going the no detection and murder route, which really limited my options. I was blinking and choking over, and over, and over ... The game is definitely tailored towards action players. You can't do or use most things if you're going non-lethal. After the main quest line, I have zero interest in replaying the game or playing DLC. The game touches a lot of great things like the cthulhu-like outsider, the atmosphere and the stealth, but only on the surface, which is too bad.  

4. Re: Dishonored Void Walker's Arsenal DLC This Month May 3, 2013, 23:19 Jerykk

Those books are new content.  

3. Re: Dishonored Void Walker's Arsenal DLC This Month May 3, 2013, 21:13 jacobvandy

The pre-order DLCs were nothing but arbitrary power boosts anyway, so it's basically some pay-to-win bullcrap. No new content at all.  

2. Re: Dishonored Void Walker's Arsenal DLC This Month May 3, 2013, 20:48 Philll

I'd play it again because it's a good game, not specifically for this DLC though, that seems a bit shit. What's worse is they're actually charging for it.  

1. Re: Dishonored Void Walker's Arsenal DLC This Month May 3, 2013, 20:02 eRe4s3r

So what exactly is the point of DLC for this game... played it once, was great.. but playing it again? What for?  

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo