Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ubisoft Sticking with South Park: The Stick of Truth

South Park: The Stick of Truth is still on track for release this calendar year for Windows and consoles, reports Videogamer.com, where they inquired with Ubisoft about the status of Obsidian Entertainment's South Park game when it failed to appear on an official release schedule. The game's planned 2012 release was derailed by issues at THQ prior to the publisher's bankruptcy, and at one point it was said that the rights to this would not be transferrable, but Ubisoft picked up the game in the THQ fire sale for a reported $3.2 million. On a related note, Obsidian is also working on an unannounced "unique next-generation game"/"unannounced next-gen console title" that CEO Feargus Urquhart tells Eurogamer "is already looking great."

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Ubisoft Sticking with South Park: The Stick of Truth May 3, 2013, 18:37 Saboth

dj LiTh wrote on May 3, 2013, 09:41:
I have a feeling this game is going to easily make more then 3.2 million for Ubi. Console gamers alone will gobble this one up.

I'd pick this up for PC, but I don't do Uplay, Origin, etc. Maybe I'll pick it up on console when it's $19.99.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Ubisoft Sticking with South Park: The Stick of Truth May 3, 2013, 15:37 nin

jimnms wrote on May 3, 2013, 15:19:
I just hope they don't infect it with Uplay.

Why wouldn't they? Thought it had been on every one of their recent releases?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

9. Re: Ubisoft Sticking with South Park: The Stick of Truth May 3, 2013, 15:19 jimnms

I just hope they don't infect it with Uplay.  

MeanJim on Steam

8. Re: Ubisoft Sticking with South Park: The Stick of Truth May 3, 2013, 13:37 Cutter

I love SP. They're always more hit than miss.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

7. Re: Ubisoft Sticking with South Park: The Stick of Truth May 3, 2013, 12:02 NegaDeath

Looking forward to it. I like South Park but sometimes it suffers from not being in the oven long enough with their fast episode turnaround. With the long development time of a game their comedy should be really refined.  

6. Re: Ubisoft Sticking with South Park: The Stick of Truth May 3, 2013, 11:24 McSterls

Been looking forward to the game for a while now, glad to see it was picked up....even by Ubisoft (rebel scum)  

5. Re: Ubisoft Sticking with South Park: The Stick of Truth May 3, 2013, 10:04 InBlack

South Park RPG? Made by Obsidian? Im thinking this is going to be a must-play game.  

I have a nifty blue line!

4. Re: Ubisoft Sticking with South Park: The Stick of Truth May 3, 2013, 09:46 wtf_man

Yeah, small stints. I tried watching season after season on Netflix and it started grating on me.

Every once in a while though, they come out with some outrageous whoppers... I was watching a documentary on the making of South Park... and they showed the Martha Stewart Decorative Queef bit... (which was the first time I ever saw it) I literally couldn't control my laughter for hours... I'd just start thinking about it and start chuckling, out of the blue.

It was wrong on so many levels, which made it hilarious.

Search Youtube if you don't know what I'm referring to.... I won't post a link.

Anyway... I'm still looking forward to a South Park RPG... I think it could be fun, if done well.

3. Re: Ubisoft Sticking with South Park: The Stick of Truth May 3, 2013, 09:41 dj LiTh

I have a feeling this game is going to easily make more then 3.2 million for Ubi. Console gamers alone will gobble this one up.  

2. Re: Ubisoft Sticking with South Park: The Stick of Truth May 3, 2013, 09:27 Verno

Southpark is one of those things it's easy to find amusing then grating after awhile. Always best enjoyed in small stints. The game looks awesome though so I hope it sees the light of day.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

1. Re: Ubisoft Sticking with South Park: The Stick of Truth May 3, 2013, 09:24 nin

Never was a huge SP fan (outside of the wow episode that was spot on), but that last trailer made me laugh...pick a release date!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo