Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Defiance Boasts a Million Accounts

Trion Worlds announces that players have created more than one million accounts in Defiance since the launch of the open world shooter one month ago today, less specifically adding that "TV viewers are tuning in at record cable numbers for the first two episodes" of the related TV show. They offer some stats from the game's first month, saying more than a half-billion hellbugs have been killed, 50 million miles have been driven, and Ark Hunters have engaged in triggering and battling back over one million Arkfalls.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

10. Re: Defiance Boasts a Million Accounts May 2, 2013, 21:59 Sepharo

I'm pissed that SyFy basically said they were getting out of the sci-fi show business, cancelled Stargate Universe and Caprica, but then came back a few years later with shittier sci-fi shows.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Defiance Boasts a Million Accounts May 2, 2013, 21:55 PropheT

Cutter wrote on May 2, 2013, 20:35:
Note they did not say a million sales or active, paying accounts. And from what I've heard Defiance - the show - is failing miserably.

Two things wrong with that.

First, there isn't a subscription fee so an account is an account...there are no active paying accounts.

Second is that the show is getting good ratings, so I don't know where you heard it's failing miserably. It's the most watched new series on the network in seven years and it retained the numbers it had for the pilot pretty well into the second episode. Syfy shows like Warehouse 13 also tend to come close to doubling their viewer numbers after a week once they include DVR use and so on, so if it's anything like Warehouse in that respect it's doing really well.

8. Re: Defiance Boasts a Million Accounts May 2, 2013, 21:42 Linksil

I'd have tried it out, but 60 up front and a monthly fee just really turned me off. The show is kinda like firefly with aliens(good), but in a few more eps it can go either way. There's a lot of potential but it almost feels like it wants to go the way of Lost. (which is very bad) What is there even to do in the game?  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

7. Re: Defiance Boasts a Million Accounts May 2, 2013, 21:37 Flatline

Everything I've read about this suggests that that the game was a disaster on consoles and mediocre on PCs.  

6. Re: Defiance Boasts a Million Accounts May 2, 2013, 21:00 SlimRam

I have not seen the show or played the game but I have been interested in both. I have been wondering if either or both would be worth trying.

After reading the comments on Blue's about the game and such, I think I have my answer...

...and that would be no...

I saw a hearse driving in the carpool lane the other day and I thought to myself, "That's cheating"

5. Re: More Big Picture Details May 2, 2013, 20:37 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on May 2, 2013, 20:35:
Note they did not say a million sales or active, paying accounts. And from what I've heard Defiance - the show - is failing miserably.

Still better than a FTP boasting a million. At least they got $50 or $60 upfront.

4. Re: Defiance Boasts a Million Accounts May 2, 2013, 20:35 Cutter

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

3. Re: Defiance Boasts a Million Accounts May 2, 2013, 20:21 nin

It's not how many players you have at launch, it's have many players you have in a year...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Defiance Boasts a Million Accounts May 2, 2013, 20:18 Angrius Maximis

no its not...and its just as boring  

1. Re: Defiance Boasts a Million Accounts May 2, 2013, 20:10 dj LiTh

I hope the game is better then the show because i've never hated a show so much.  

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo