Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer

The Bethesda Blog now features a new "Journey to Coldharbour" trailer from The Elder Scrolls Online, Betheda's upcoming MMORPG. Word is: "We’re taking you straight to Molag Bal’s realm in this new video. Watch it to get a glimpse of Coldharbour and some of its inhabitants and to learn more about this malevolent Daedric Prince’s plans for Tamriel—and your soul."

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer May 4, 2013, 12:51 Kawlisse

Redmask wrote on May 3, 2013, 07:15:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 2, 2013, 22:27:
Not a fan of pay to play....but this will be the first one since opening weekend of City of Heroes for me...

/watched video: um....WOW!

The actual game looks nothing like the video, there are a few leaked gameplay videos floating around, you're looking at a mocked up marketing video. I guess reactions like that justify the expenses and lengths they go to for these things though. Show people some visual whoopwhoop and they're ready to commit.

The game does look good, not quite like Skyrim but it's a MMO so they can't do visuals like skyrim, unless they only want people with kick ass system been ale to play their game. walking and jumping really looks unnatural ATM, but its a beta so hopefully they will fix these things. (looting also sucks)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer May 3, 2013, 07:15 Redmask

Not a fan of pay to play....but this will be the first one since opening weekend of City of Heroes for me...

The actual game looks nothing like the video, there are a few leaked gameplay videos floating around, you're looking at a mocked up marketing video. I guess reactions like that justify the expenses and lengths they go to for these things though. Show people some visual whoopwhoop and they're ready to commit.

13. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer May 3, 2013, 07:14 Marvin T. Martian

EUTHANIZE wrote on May 3, 2013, 01:03:
If this is a monthly subscription or F2P it's not for me. The only way I can see this being a win across the board is if it's a single up front purchase (like GW2).

Yep, that's what makes or breaks it for me as well.

As for the video quality of the leak--it's a closed beta plus it was likely captured with a poor quality program.

12. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer May 3, 2013, 04:12 InBlack

Fantaz wrote on May 3, 2013, 03:09:
After watching the leaked gameplay video, I am going to forget this game exists. The graphics are so outdated, and it looks like complete crap... avoid.

Cutter wrote on May 2, 2013, 20:39:
Wow! That's pretty visually impressive. Nice flavour! I'm going to explore the shit out of that!

I bet you it won't look as good as they made the trailer look. If you can find the leaked video, check it out.

Agreed. Avoid this one in a wiiiide loop. Vote with your wallet and dont fall for the marketing bullshit. This game IS NOT MADE by Bethesda (only published by them) and is basically WoW in Tamriel. If you have to wait for the release and reviews. I will wait for the next single player Elder Scrolls as this is definitely not the game I want to play.

I have a nifty blue line!

11. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer May 3, 2013, 03:09 Fantaz

After watching the leaked gameplay video, I am going to forget this game exists. The graphics are so outdated, and it looks like complete crap... avoid.

Cutter wrote on May 2, 2013, 20:39:
Wow! That's pretty visually impressive. Nice flavour! I'm going to explore the shit out of that!

I bet you it won't look as good as they made the trailer look. If you can find the leaked video, check it out.

10. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer May 3, 2013, 01:55 Jerykk

Linksil wrote on May 2, 2013, 21:46:
And HOW does this play out in an MMO? I mean I can understand if your the group helping the souless one. But when you are that person it makes it hard being in a group of 5-25 people all with the same goal? Are they going to just roll a D20

Welcome to MMO land, where nothing you do matters and you can't throw a rock without hitting someone doing the exact same quest as you.

9. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer May 3, 2013, 01:03 EUTHANIZE

If this game captures a multiplayer version of Skyrim I'm sold. The trick is going to be the payment model.

If this is a monthly subscription or F2P it's not for me. The only way I can see this being a win across the board is if it's a single up front purchase (like GW2).

8. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer May 3, 2013, 00:32 Frijoles

"The player must go to Cold Harbor" ... and kill 10 daedric bodyguards followed by the boss (who shall have three phases). Along the way, you must also gather various shit.

Actually it looks good. I don't have high hopes for it though.

7. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer May 2, 2013, 23:12 Paranoid Jack

Looks good but going into a MMO knowing you are the chosen one... just like every other player character running around the world? Well, it kind of breaks the immersion for me. Bad story arc design in my opinion.

I'm still looking forward to beta testing and hope they can break the mold by making a MMO that is again fun to play for more than a few weeks or a month.

6. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer May 2, 2013, 22:58 Cutter

Hope everyone is signed up for the beta. It'd be hoot exploring Tamriel with you guys.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

5. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer May 2, 2013, 22:27 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

4. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer May 2, 2013, 21:46 Linksil

And HOW does this play out in an MMO? I mean I can understand if your the group helping the souless one. But when you are that person it makes it hard being in a group of 5-25 people all with the same goal? Are they going to just roll a D20  
Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.

3. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer May 2, 2013, 20:47 Cyanotetyphas

Hope this doesn't do what Warcraft did and end up affecting the SP line.

Also not sure why they're making an MMO of a game series no one can finish in SP already.

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer May 2, 2013, 20:44 jdreyer

It's weird, the trailer is almost describing a single player arc.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

1. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer May 2, 2013, 20:39 Cutter

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo