Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 2, 2013, 18:43 Frags4Fun

I didn't know that we could just order a set. That's cool. Thanks for letting me know. I wonder what the FOV is on these things. Many people say that the Oculus Rift makes them sick. The same happens to me when I play at low frame rates or low FOV. I get really bad headaches and nausea. I will wait for the retail version and get some feedback before making a purchase.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 2, 2013, 17:47 Tom

It sure is a lot easier to justify the extra $300 (I say 'extra' because you KNOW you're gonna want "v2.0") in spite of the limitations of the dev kit if you're going to actually do development.

I'm in the same boat though. If the software was ready (DCS, Star Citizen, iRacing) I would do it in a heartbeat. Otherwise I think I can probably wait until the consumer version. The higher res, lower weight, head translation tracking (I hope they get that in there anyway), and who knows what else they might get in there...

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 2, 2013, 15:03 saluk

I don't think you have to be a developer, just order a kit. If you want it bad enough...

I'm tempted myself, and I do have some unity experience so I could actually play around with things.

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 2, 2013, 12:21 Frags4Fun

Times like this make me wish I was a developer so I could get my hands on the Rift. :/  

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo