Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

We started getting reports a few days back about some sort of odd redirect when visiting this site using mobile phones. It took a bit to track down, but a couple of you provided some detail that helped work things out. This has now been addressed, so hopefully this is the last of it, but if you are still experiencing this or any other odd behavior of the sort, please let me know. Sincere apologies for the problems, and thank you for whatever patience with the situation you were able to maintain.

R.I.P.: Chris Kelly, half of Kris Kross rap duo, dies.

Conjured Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Aqua Boy.
Mini Dash.
Links: AKC names most popular dogs in U.S.
Stories: 'Top Hooker' reality show ordered. Thanks nin.
Researchers: Jamestown settlers resorted to cannibalism. New Thanksgiving menu.
Science: World's oldest experiment ready for a drop of excitement. Thanks brother19.
Russian Space Junk Almost Destroys NASA Telescope in Orbit.
Media: Transformers: robot advanced costume. Thanks HARDOCP.
The Matrix Retold by Mom. Thanks TweakTown.
NYPD stop and frisk trial shows police training video.
Stupid Game Show Answers - Cor Blimey! III.
The Funnies: Savage Chickens.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2013, 14:59 Verno

RIP Jeff  

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2013, 07:17 Prez

'Pit Bull' isn't a breed recognized by the AKC.

Ah, ok. I didn't know that. Thanks.

WHATT??? Oh fuck....motherfucker....I knew he was sick, but apparently he was recovering. Oh man...this is a sad day indeed....

Yep. I blasted "Angel of Death" last night in his honor. My wife said "MY EARS ARE BLEEDING" and I said "That is SO metal!" I hope he rocks his ass off in the afterlife. Headbang

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

28. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2013, 04:41 InBlack

Prez wrote on May 2, 2013, 21:38:
Another R.I.P. from the music world that wasn't mentioned: Jeff Hannneman, Slayer's guitarist, dead at 49. If you are a metal head, it's hard to understate the impact he had on heavy metal guitar.

WHATT??? Oh fuck....motherfucker....I knew he was sick, but apparently he was recovering. Oh man...this is a sad day indeed....

I have a nifty blue line!

27. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2013, 04:13 mag

Prez wrote on May 2, 2013, 22:27:
AKC names most popular dogs in U.S.

I loved the dogs in those pictures. Not surprised at any on the list. I've owned or fostered almost all of those breeds at one time. I haven't had a Boxer or Poodle yet. I have to say out of all of them I am slightly partial to the Beagle - such a fun breed and wonderful family pet.

EDIT: I would think Pit Bulls only just missed the top 10; I see them all over.

'Pit Bull' isn't a breed recognized by the AKC. There're a few distinct breeds that are called pit bulls colloquially, and mixes of the breeds are also called pit bulls.

But it looks like the Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Staffordshire Terrier are the 76th and 79th most commonly registered with the AKC.

It's kinda a stereotype--but I doubt most pit-type owners are the most likely to be registering their dog, also.

26. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2013, 22:27 Prez

AKC names most popular dogs in U.S.

I loved the dogs in those pictures. Not surprised at any on the list. I've owned or fostered almost all of those breeds at one time. I haven't had a Boxer or Poodle yet. I have to say out of all of them I am slightly partial to the Beagle - such a fun breed and wonderful family pet.

EDIT: I would think Pit Bulls only just missed the top 10; I see them all over.

This comment was edited on May 2, 2013, 22:35.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

25. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2013, 22:02 SlimRam

Chris Kelly, half of Kris Kross rap duo, dies.

He's been
Totally Krossed Out

Sorry, too soon?

I went to the 'Water and Ice' store near my house and I asked to see they're 'Secret Menu'.

24. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2013, 21:38 Prez

Another R.I.P. from the music world that wasn't mentioned: Jeff Hannneman, Slayer's guitarist, dead at 49. If you are a metal head, it's hard to understate the impact he had on heavy metal guitar.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

23. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2013, 19:57 Julio

jdreyer wrote on May 2, 2013, 19:08:
Julio wrote on May 2, 2013, 18:06:
"Top Hooker" seemed like a great show idea, too bad it's another boring fishing show. Would have loved to seen the challenges.

Yeah, but how would you rate it? Objectively, I mean.

I was envisioning at least one golf ball/garden hose race.

22. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2013, 19:26 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on May 2, 2013, 19:08:
"Top Hooker" seemed like a great show idea, too bad it's another boring fishing show. Would have loved to seen the challenges.

Let's face it, hooking is a service industry so whoever can cater best to what the client wants will obviously get top marks.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

21. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2013, 19:08 Redmask

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 2, 2013, 17:53:
Drug overdose suspected in death of Chris Kelly of 1990s Kris Kross rap duo

*GASP!* - oh and the sky is blue.

Because its rap, a failed celebrity or what?

20. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2013, 19:08 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

19. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2013, 18:06 Julio

18. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2013, 17:57 PHJF

i mean, 'furtive movements' for real? that's probable cause for a pat down?

No, it's not probable cause because officers don't require probable cause to perform Terry pat downs. When an officer has reasonable suspicion that crime is afoot and intends to question a person(s), and that officer has reasonable suspicion the person(s) may be armed or dangerous, the officer may pat down outer garments for the purpose of discovering weapons (WEAPONS, NOT drugs) for the officer's safety. USSC decided this shit eons ago.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

17. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2013, 17:55 xXBatmanXx

1badmf wrote on May 2, 2013, 10:14:
man that stop-and-frisk thing is ridiculous, and a classic example of using good intentions to put the state ahead of individual rights. i don't understand how that can be supreme court approved, because most of their justifications come nowhere close to probable cause. i mean, 'furtive movements' for real? that's probable cause for a pat down?

In California, "grabbing at the waist band" when someone runs from police is similar....I saw this going from bad to worse when they started doing it. They got a lot of bad dudes in bad areas, but it wasn't applied correctly. Not all things succeed, at least they tried something.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2013, 17:53 xXBatmanXx

Drug overdose suspected in death of Chris Kelly of 1990s Kris Kross rap duo

*GASP!* - oh and the sky is blue.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2013, 17:52 Gaidal

nin wrote on May 2, 2013, 13:16:
Gaidal wrote on May 2, 2013, 11:37:
Blue, thanks for fixing. Is there any way that someone can track down the JavaScript error when browsing here from mobile Safari with an iPhone 5? Can get around it by disabling JS but makes the background stark white and hard to read. Can send a screenshot if that helps.

With my 4s, I don't get any errors, but sometimes the screen is white and hard to read. I find switching back and forth between the "new blue/retro colors" fixes it. But it happens at random....

Yup, that's what I'm talking about. I can't get it not to be white unless I disable JavaScript

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2013, 16:15 jdreyer

Just tried Blues on my mobile and problem solved! Great job, Blue.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2013, 15:19 jdreyer

That Matrix vid is funny.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2013, 14:34 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on May 2, 2013, 13:42:
Jamestown Settlers: They lost the Darwin award!

Duuno why people get so hung up about cannibalism as it applies to pure surival. I'd have zero qualms about eating people if it were a matter of life or death. Protein is protein.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2013, 14:32 Cutter

Been a good week for gaming for me. Major scores with Eador:MOTBW and Blood Dragon - you're certifiably insane if you buy pick up and play these titles now! Looks like Larian is giving out free copies of their Anthology to early KS backers. Not sure yet but they sent me an email asking me what game I wanted. And I just got a closed beta (or beeta a the Europeans say, haha) invite for SOE's new game Dragon's Prophet which actually looks pretty cool given all the sweet Dragons doing dragon stuff.

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo