Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Camelot Unchained Funded

The Kickstarter for Camelot Unchained reveals that this Dark Age of Camelot-inspired MMORPG from City State Entertainment has hit its $2 million funding goal with under 24 hours remaining. As of this writing the project is on the verge of hitting its first stretch goal.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Camelot Unchained Funded May 2, 2013, 19:31 Bosanac

They only need 10k to be successful. They have 40% more. Dedicated fans who, at a minimum, will support it for a year. Not counting those who will flock to it if its great.

Your negative predictions are wrong.

If you kill them, they will die!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Camelot Unchained Funded May 2, 2013, 05:08 Julio

With 14k subscribers to start, how long can it last?  

8. Re: Camelot Unchained Funded May 2, 2013, 01:04 Cutter

btallas wrote on May 2, 2013, 00:04:
Cutter wrote on May 1, 2013, 22:52:
Yeah, well good luck supporting it. F2P inside of 6 months and dead inside a year is the likely result.

For once I agree with you. Not sure how they're justifying a monthly subscription for a PvP only game (since there's quite a few free ones out there).

Once? You always agree with me. Even if you are unaware of that salient fact.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

7. Re: Camelot Unchained Funded May 2, 2013, 00:20 bhcompy

Pre-New Frontiers DAoC? Because that's the only DAoC worth playing  

6. Re: Camelot Unchained Funded May 2, 2013, 00:04 btallas

Cutter wrote on May 1, 2013, 22:52:
Yeah, well good luck supporting it. F2P inside of 6 months and dead inside a year is the likely result.

For once I agree with you. Not sure how they're justifying a monthly subscription for a PvP only game (since there's quite a few free ones out there).

5. Re: Camelot Unchained Funded May 1, 2013, 23:20 Sepharo

MacLeod wrote on May 1, 2013, 21:31:
I'm curious how when I looked at this this morning, they needed probably about 200k of their 2 million goal, and had approximately 11,000 backers... and somehow in the course of the business day, they gained 300k and nearly 2000 backers. Percentage-wise, I don't think I've seen a Kickstarter hit those numbers at the end of the campaign.

Lotta lurkers.

I see you out there!

4. Re: Camelot Unchained Funded May 1, 2013, 23:02 Alamar

No interest, but I hope those of you that donated get what you want ; )

-Alamar

3. Re: Camelot Unchained Funded May 1, 2013, 22:52 Cutter

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

2. Re: Camelot Unchained Funded May 1, 2013, 21:47 jacobvandy

Bit less than 20% increase in backers and 15% of the goal on the last day? That's peanuts, man, many projects have seen stronger final pushes than that.  

1. Re: Camelot Unchained Funded May 1, 2013, 21:31 MacLeod

I'm curious how when I looked at this this morning, they needed probably about 200k of their 2 million goal, and had approximately 11,000 backers... and somehow in the course of the business day, they gained 300k and nearly 2000 backers. Percentage-wise, I don't think I've seen a Kickstarter hit those numbers at the end of the campaign.  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo