Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Camelot Unchained Funded

The Kickstarter for Camelot Unchained reveals that this Dark Age of Camelot-inspired MMORPG from City State Entertainment has hit its $2 million funding goal with under 24 hours remaining. As of this writing the project is on the verge of hitting its first stretch goal.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Camelot Unchained Funded May 2, 2013, 19:31 Bosanac

They only need 10k to be successful. They have 40% more. Dedicated fans who, at a minimum, will support it for a year. Not counting those who will flock to it if its great.

Your negative predictions are wrong.

If you kill them, they will die!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Camelot Unchained Funded May 2, 2013, 05:08 Julio

With 14k subscribers to start, how long can it last?  

8. Re: Camelot Unchained Funded May 2, 2013, 01:04 Cutter

btallas wrote on May 2, 2013, 00:04:
Cutter wrote on May 1, 2013, 22:52:
Yeah, well good luck supporting it. F2P inside of 6 months and dead inside a year is the likely result.

For once I agree with you. Not sure how they're justifying a monthly subscription for a PvP only game (since there's quite a few free ones out there).

Once? You always agree with me. Even if you are unaware of that salient fact.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Camelot Unchained Funded May 2, 2013, 00:20 bhcompy

Pre-New Frontiers DAoC? Because that's the only DAoC worth playing  

6. Re: Camelot Unchained Funded May 2, 2013, 00:04 btallas

Cutter wrote on May 1, 2013, 22:52:
Yeah, well good luck supporting it. F2P inside of 6 months and dead inside a year is the likely result.

For once I agree with you. Not sure how they're justifying a monthly subscription for a PvP only game (since there's quite a few free ones out there).

5. Re: Camelot Unchained Funded May 1, 2013, 23:20 Sepharo

MacLeod wrote on May 1, 2013, 21:31:
I'm curious how when I looked at this this morning, they needed probably about 200k of their 2 million goal, and had approximately 11,000 backers... and somehow in the course of the business day, they gained 300k and nearly 2000 backers. Percentage-wise, I don't think I've seen a Kickstarter hit those numbers at the end of the campaign.

Lotta lurkers.

I see you out there!

4. Re: Camelot Unchained Funded May 1, 2013, 23:02 Alamar

No interest, but I hope those of you that donated get what you want ; )

-Alamar

3. Re: Camelot Unchained Funded May 1, 2013, 22:52 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Camelot Unchained Funded May 1, 2013, 21:47 jacobvandy

Bit less than 20% increase in backers and 15% of the goal on the last day? That's peanuts, man, many projects have seen stronger final pushes than that.  

1. Re: Camelot Unchained Funded May 1, 2013, 21:31 MacLeod

I'm curious how when I looked at this this morning, they needed probably about 200k of their 2 million goal, and had approximately 11,000 backers... and somehow in the course of the business day, they gained 300k and nearly 2000 backers. Percentage-wise, I don't think I've seen a Kickstarter hit those numbers at the end of the campaign.  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo