Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Grand Theft Auto V Trailers

Rockstar Games now offers three trailers (NSFW) from Grand Theft Auto V, offering cinematic tidbits for three characters in the upcoming sandbox action sequel: Michael, Franklin, and Trevor, each of whom has their own flair. The clips conclude with a reminder that the console editions of the GTA5 are due on September 17th.

View
43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

23. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 18:33 netnerd85

nin wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 14:34:
Starting out with Queen was a nice touch...

An insult to Queen to put it with this pile of crap douchebro game

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 18:26 ItBurn

All that gangster culture and talk sickens me in real life, so it's not better in game. Also, I really don't want to play multiple characters... Especially since I already hate two of them. Maybe I can force them to commit suicide?  

21. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 18:22 Creston

Jerykk wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 16:48:
99% sure this is coming to PC, given that every other GTA (except for the handheld Chinatown one) has come to PC. The PC version will probably be announced a few months after the console versions are released, just like with GTA4.

That said, I'm not really that interested. GTA is stale. There have been many open-world action games since GTA3 and most of them have evolved the genre in various ways. Rockstar's focus seems to be on making their games as cinematic as possible, usually at the expense of gameplay. GTA4's horribly sluggish controls are a testament to that.

The writing on the GTA series is still miles beyond just about everything else in gaming, though.

Creston

20. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 18:00 finga

Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 14:48:
And yeah, zero interest in the Franklin gangbanger shite. The only people interested in that are the 14 year old wiggers out there.
Because the only fictional crime in pop culture that's worth anything is white people crime, right?

And yeah, you're right. San Andreas was just an awful failure for Rockstar. Riiiight.

19. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 17:59 nin

Also, did anyone notice that all the gang members were wearing Grove Street green? Wonder if we'll see any San Andreas cameos.

Wondered that as well.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

18. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 17:55 finga

CrimsonPaw wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 17:33:
I'm not opposed to Franklin's story, from what I can tell it's more about getting OUT of being gangsta'.
Yeah, but this is every GTA protagonist with a speaking role other than Tommy Vercetti, who was pretty much a shameless psychopath. You know the type: the nice guy with the mean streak that's trying to get out of the life of crime, yeah? The problem is that the game dictates that you kill multiple people in most missions (usually winding up involving innocents, law enforcement, AND thugs/henchmen) which really doesn't hold up well against what we see in the cutscenes from these characters.

We need more Tommy Vercettis in GTA. Or less constant killing people. I think at this point, the former seems more likely to happen than the latter. ... Or neither happens and we continue the decades-long trend of AAA game protagonists killing hundreds or thousands of people on the way to the conclusion, no matter how little sense it makes for storytelling. Which... yep, that'll probably be what happens.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 2013, 18:03.

17. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 17:33 CrimsonPaw

I'm not opposed to Franklin's story, from what I can tell it's more about getting OUT of being gangsta'. Also, did anyone notice that all the gang members were wearing Grove Street green? Wonder if we'll see any San Andreas cameos.

Also, for those that want gameplay trailers, it's typical GTA fashion that they don't release those until a month or two before release.

~~Crim~~

16. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 17:31 maximus0402

You know this wont come out on PC at the same time. They always have delayed the PC version several months and have always released console versions first as "exclusives" . Dumb, I know, but this has always been their behavior. Some things dont even make the PC like Red Dead Redemption. These guys are pro console for sure. Gladly my son has a PS3 so I will get it for that even though I much prefer mouse/keyboard on PC.  

15. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 17:27 CJ_Parker

The dudebro is strong in these...  

14. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 17:21 DangerDog

Trevor seems like a classy guy, probably won't be able to play that character till you go through the other two first.

Nice new tits! raaaawr!

13. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 17:09 Jackplug

Hmmm no gameplay, all scripted bullshit! Plus it looks all too samey with characters, just same shit with new gfx on a different map!

I wanna see what the difference they've done to this one, which I doubt there be any just same old shit..

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 2013, 17:14.

12. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 17:02 walrus1

Jerykk wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 16:48:
99% sure this is coming to PC, given that every other GTA (except for the handheld Chinatown one) has come to PC. The PC version will probably be announced a few months after the console versions are released, just like with GTA4.

That said, I'm not really that interested. GTA is stale. There have been many open-world action games since GTA3 and most of them have evolved the genre in various ways. Rockstar's focus seems to be on making their games as cinematic as possible, usually at the expense of gameplay. GTA4's horribly sluggish controls are a testament to that.
Exactly why it won't be a day one purchase for me. But I wouldn't describe it as "stale." It sounded like they were going to return to a more open world game but after this trailer I'm not so sure. We really need to see some gameplay before we jump to conclusions.

11. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 17:00 Axis

Rattlehead wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 14:29:
Axis wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 14:06:
Better not have GFWL...
Wow, it's for PC? I didn't know you worked for rockstar.

Soooo funny! Crapped my pants sent my shitshorts to you for proof.

Of course it will come out on PC.

Yours truly,

Axis

10. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 16:51 Bludd

So, Weird Al as the therapist in the Michael trailer?  

9. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 16:48 Jerykk

8. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 16:23 walrus1

Seriousely all these trailers are well and good but for Pete's sake show us some gameplay!  

7. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 14:48 Cutter

nin wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 14:34:

That's never a bad thing.

And yeah, zero interest in the Franklin gangbanger shite. The only people interested in that are the 14 year old wiggers out there.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

6. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 14:34 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

5. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 14:29 Rattlehead

Axis wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 14:06:
Better not have GFWL...
Wow, it's for PC? I didn't know you worked for rockstar.

4. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 14:22 Creston

Trevor just cracks me the hell up. He's completely insane. I also like Michael's story. Franklin... eh. It just seems like CJ 2.0?

I hope this will come out for the PC, or at least for the PS4.

Creston

43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo