Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Watch_Dogs in November

Ubisoft announces a release_date for Watch_Dogs, saying the upcoming hacking game will be released on November 19th in North America for Windows, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and WiiU, and for next generation consoles whenever the next generation arrives. They celebrate the news with a new trailer showing off the game, including some phone-and-gun gameplay, and announce a GameStop preorder bonus:

Today, Ubisoft® announced that its highly anticipated game, Watch_Dogs™, will be available in North America on November 19 for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the WiiU™ system from Nintendo and Windows PC, as well as at the launch of the PlayStation®4 from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE). The game is also planned for other next generation consoles.

Fans can check out the latest action in Watch_Dogs by watching the gameplay trailer, released today. In the Watch_Dogs gameplay trailer, Aiden Pearce takes his fight to a never- before-seen district in Chicago and encounters new characters while trying to put his past to rest.

Players who pre-order Watch_Dogs at GameStop stores across North America will receive an exclusive poster designed by famed comic-book artist, Alex Ross. The poster’s design is the inspiration behind the game’s box art and captures the essence of Aiden Pearce, a modern-day vigilante who must rely as much on brains as brawn to take down threats in our increasingly connected world.

Players will assume the role of Aiden Pearce, a new type of vigilante who, with the help of his smartphone, will use his ability to hack into Chicago’s central operating system (ctOS) and control almost every element of the city. Aiden will be able to tap into the city’s omnipresent security cameras, download personal information to locate a target, control systems such as traffic lights or public transportation to stop a chase, and more. The city of Chicago is now the ultimate weapon.

Stay connected to Watch_Dogs by visiting the official website: http://www.watchdogsgame.com, Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/watchdogsgame and Twitter account: http://twitter.com/watchdogsgame.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Watch_Dogs in November Apr 30, 2013, 01:11 netnerd85

siapnar wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 00:37:
I totally missed that they released a new trailer as well. Pretty badass, really.
The music helps it's cause, too.

Judging from the lack of comments on the trailer, it seems you guys maybe missed it, too..?
It seemed same-same to me I get it, he hacks things... wha wha, revenge, they crossed the line, blah blah they killed his young hipster family?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Watch_Dogs in November Apr 30, 2013, 00:37 siapnar

I totally missed that they released a new trailer as well. Pretty badass, really.
The music helps it's cause, too.

Judging from the lack of comments on the trailer, it seems you guys maybe missed it, too..?

I have projectile dysfunction.

28. Re: Watch_Dogs in November Apr 29, 2013, 23:24 Jerykk

Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 18:09:
I tend to get a bit nervous about original games that are scheduled for release around the time that next gen consoles are due to ship. This nervousness stems from the original Halo, which was a PC game and was turned into and Xbox exclusive for the launch of the original Xbox. Why am I feeling this about this game? Lets hope I'm wrong.

Wha? You're worried that this game will somehow become a console-exclusive? I seriously doubt it. It's being developed and published by Ubisoft, not some studio that's been bought out by MS or Sony. In addition, it's already been officially announced for specific platforms and releases in a matter of months. It's too late to turn it into an exclusive. Halo became an Xbox exclusive long before it was actually released.

As for the game itself, I think it has a lot of potential. The ability to manipulate the environment in meaningful ways is very interesting and something you almost never see in open-world games. The gameplay they've shown thus far has looked very scripted, though. Also, Assassin's Creed looked awesome too until I actually played it. Will have to wait and see.

27. Re: Watch_Dogs in November Apr 29, 2013, 19:36 Redmask

1badmf wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 18:35:

dude the 1st trailer that came out was 10 minutes of uninterrupted gameplay.

i'm like creston, i'm pumped for this game. they sold me just on the concept and production values alone.

10 minutes of uninterrupted gameplay performed by a human being not on the marketing or design team. Those trailers felt highly scripted.

26. Re: Watch_Dogs in November Apr 29, 2013, 19:25 ASeven

Techie714 © wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 18:56:
PS4 version is 99.99...WTH? Will that be the new standard price for next gen console games?

Check it out on Amazon

Placeholder, but do expect a price increase with this new generation, all generations brought a price increase to games.

25. Re: Watch_Dogs in November Apr 29, 2013, 19:20 saluk

1badmf wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 18:35:
Verno wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 14:00:
Seems pretty cool but it's difficult to tell how it will play when we only have these glitzy trailers to go by. I'd like to see 15 minutes of uninterrupted gameplay by a source I trust.

i'm like creston, i'm pumped for this game. they sold me just on the concept and production values alone.

10 minutes of gameplay being performed by someone who knew what they were doing. The tip of the iceberg is shiny, but we have no clue what lies underneath the water.

Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 18:09:
I tend to get a bit nervous about original games that are scheduled for release around the time that next gen consoles are due to ship. This nervousness stems from the original Halo, which was a PC game and was turned into and Xbox exclusive for the launch of the original Xbox. Why am I feeling this about this game? Lets hope I'm wrong.

Good reason to be worried. Besides Halo, most titles close to the start of a generation are either too similar to the last, yet focusing on technology over gameplay; or too experimental to actually be good. Also rushing to get finished in time is an issue.

24. Re: Watch_Dogs in November Apr 29, 2013, 19:12 Devinoch

Techie714 © wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 18:56:
PS4 version is 99.99...WTH? Will that be the new standard price for next gen console games?

Check it out on Amazon

That price is placeholder. Ubisoft said that when the game went up as available for preorder.

23. Re: Watch_Dogs in November Apr 29, 2013, 19:08 Quinn

That first gameplay trailer some mention... I don't trust it. It looked too scripted; too perfect. And I'm not even saying that with a naive hint in my tone that hopes that maybe it was all honest gameplay with dynamic events.

I remain sceptic about this game until I see a gameplay vid that doesnt get my suspicion radar bleeping like mad. Those gameplay trailers are often a whole lot less cinematic and less "perfect", which is completely fine.

I'm afraid this game will have too big a focus on this new element they brought to the sandbox (hacking tech) which results in too little focus on the main aspects that make city sandbox games so much fun, namely: driving, shooting, and these days definitely proper melee combat and climbing.

We'll see. Too little proper footage for even the slither of a verdict.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

22. Re: Watch_Dogs in November Apr 29, 2013, 18:56 Techie714 ©

Check it out on Amazon

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

21. Re: Watch_Dogs in November Apr 29, 2013, 18:35 1badmf

Verno wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 14:00:
Seems pretty cool but it's difficult to tell how it will play when we only have these glitzy trailers to go by. I'd like to see 15 minutes of uninterrupted gameplay by a source I trust.

20. Re: Watch_Dogs in November Apr 29, 2013, 18:09 Frags4Fun

19. Re: Watch_Dogs in November Apr 29, 2013, 17:12 Devinoch

This is, perhaps, the first game I've been genuinely excited about in a long time. Grand Theft Auto meets Person Of Interest? You have my attention piqued at the very least. Even when Ubisoft has let me down (AC3, for example), it hasn't been a full fall, just a few too many stumbles for my liking. I preordered it for next-gen, so I'll have time to cancel if the reviews go south in advance...  

18. Re: Watch_Dogs in November Apr 29, 2013, 17:07 Burrito of Peace

Fantaz wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 14:33:
...This game will probably come out on PC a lot earlier than GTA5, and even look better graphics wise.

That's not exactly a high bar to surpass. GTA5 looks like the previous generation engine it is.

17. Re: Watch_Dogs in November Apr 29, 2013, 16:59 ASeven

Creston wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 16:02:
wtf_man wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 15:30:
I'm leery about the inter-connected / social thing. I don't want to be constantly online, nor have some random asshat in my game. So I hope you can play the game entirely offline, if you wish, otherwise it is a no-sale for me.

Same here, but I'm pretty excited about this game. Let's hope that they haven't turned into full retards at Ubi, and are not going the Sim City route.

History, unfortunately, proves that Ubisoft can go full retard too many times. I have an eye on this game but I'll get it only if it can be played offline.

16. Re: Watch_Dogs in November Apr 29, 2013, 16:43 saluk

Being that Ubisoft has been pushing the open-world AC series for many years, and recently succeeded with an open world farcry3, I'm leaning away from this being a very linear game. Previews though have been sketchy, trailers have been very doctored, and the gameplay is fairly experimental. So I don't quite know what to expect. Whatever it turns out to be I do expect it to be decent.  

15. Re: Watch_Dogs in November Apr 29, 2013, 16:24 Parias

siapnar wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 15:47:
Anyone expecting this to be a fully open world game like GTA will be dissapointed I think.

I'm sure it'll be more linear and mission based along the lines of LA Noire or Mafia 2, which I don't have a problem with, but some people may expect too much freedom.

Then again, there could be articles I haven't read that counter what I've just said.

Yup, that might be the case - although some of the trailers (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsAfK-DSako) seem to indicate the game is supposed to be open-ended rather than being assigned to a fixed mission structure. I expect there's going to be SOME manner of linear mission scripting at least - otherwise they wouldn't have any way to push the plot along - but it doesn't sound like it's going to be as rigid as, say LA:N or M2 were.

14. Re: Watch_Dogs in November Apr 29, 2013, 16:16 SpectralMeat

siapnar wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 15:47:
Anyone expecting this to be a fully open world game like GTA will be dissapointed I think.

I'm sure it'll be more linear and mission based along the lines of LA Noire or Mafia 2, which I don't have a problem with, but some people may expect too much freedom.

Then again, there could be articles I haven't read that counter what I've just said.
I don't really know what to expect yet because they did not show enough of the game to know exactly, and I rather be cautious then disappointed because I make myself believe something this game isn't.
Based on what they've showed I am most likely going to buy the game on release but I do want to see more of it and know more on the details side of things.
A game doesn't have to be open world to be fun. Let's hope they make this a good PC game.
Ubi PC games did surprise me in a good way lately so let's hope this will continue on the same path.

Steam: SpectralMeat

13. Re: Watch_Dogs in November Apr 29, 2013, 16:02 Creston

wtf_man wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 15:30:
I'm leery about the inter-connected / social thing. I don't want to be constantly online, nor have some random asshat in my game. So I hope you can play the game entirely offline, if you wish, otherwise it is a no-sale for me.

Same here, but I'm pretty excited about this game. Let's hope that they haven't turned into full retards at Ubi, and are not going the Sim City route.

Creston

12. Re: Watch_Dogs in November Apr 29, 2013, 15:47 siapnar

I have projectile dysfunction.

11. Re: Watch_Dogs in November Apr 29, 2013, 15:30 wtf_man

I'm cautiously optimistic.

The gameplay definitely looks fantastic (given the past videos).

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo