Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed?

A listing on XtraLife.es has a listing from this Spanish game etailer for Call of Duty: Ghosts, an unannounced installment in the military shooter series. The listing has since been removed, but the box art and details are shown on Nintendo Everything, and Joystiq notes that this title, which has already been rumored to come to consoles, now also lists the PC as one of its target platforms. The listing also has a release date, saying the game is due on November 11th.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed? Apr 29, 2013, 19:33 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 19:26:
No, not first world problems! Indicative of a prevailing attitude that says 'I don't give a shit about anything or anyone else and everything is all about me, me, me! That's why this fucking planet and in everything on it are doomed!

You wanting other people to stop buying the games they want because you don't like them seems pretty 'me me me'. If the planet is doomed then you're right there leading us along the path.

I like Call of Duty sometimes, they aren't all bad games. Sorry if that shatters your world view. I'm not going to stop playing something I enjoy to satisfy some big mouth on the internet any more than you will stop playing games I don't approve of just because I say so.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed? Apr 29, 2013, 19:31 Ventura

No, not first world problems! Indicative of a prevailing attitude that says 'I don't give a shit about anything or anyone else and everything is all about me, me, me! That's why this fucking planet and in everything on it are doomed!

You're spot on mate, but human beings can't fight what they are. Same shit, different century. If it makes you feel better though, we won't be around for too much longer.

25. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed? Apr 29, 2013, 19:26 Cutter

Verno wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 16:07:
"The needs of the many" *snort* First world problems.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

24. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed? Apr 29, 2013, 18:23 Ventura

In an era where it doesn't feel like there's really much in the way of innovation, it's easy to focus the blame on the best-selling franchise up at the top.

For my part, it's the feature list that has had me coming back, and recent Modern Warfare and Black Ops titles have not disappointed. Extensive single-player campaign? Done. Fully-featured multiplayer? Done. Prefer co-op? Done. Finished with the campaign but would still prefer to play alone? Done. Want a reasonably well-polished game? Done. More than its fair share of patches? Done.

Some would have you believe I'm part of the problem, as I've read here in this thread, so to you clowns pointing the fingers; fellas, if I can get those kinds of features somewhere else, I'm all ears.

23. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed? Apr 29, 2013, 17:03 Parias

Linksil wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 16:13:
Gib: What is wrong with the COD games? Tell me what's sooo bad about them that destroy's the gaming. Now you need to tell me what is actually BAD about the game, not what is bad in your opinion. What about them hurts gaming industry that people should not buy them?

I think this has to do with a number things - i.e. how the COD games tend to involve the same fundamental, simplified gameplay mechanics over and over again without necessarily being revolutionary, and how the massive budgets spent making these games (as well as the money spent by consumers abroad purchasing them) has resulted in this current state of unrealistic publisher expectations for game sales and what's "safe" to develop.

This in turn could be construed as severely stifling creativity and innovation in the industry - a lot of games that could be unique and really cool end up never seeing the light of day, just because publishers would rather play it "safe" and keep pushing out COD games year after year to keep the dudebro demographic happy.

Purely as a game, I actually enjoy the Call of Duty franchise. I'm purely in it for the singleplayer and never bother with the multiplayer at all, but I've always gotten a bit of enjoyment out of the underlying story arches (especially for Modern Warfare 1/2/3) and all the crazy scripted events that happen.

That said, as a game concept I have no problem with Call of Duty and even enjoy it. When I consider the larger-scale impact the franchise has on the industry however, I'm not quite as copacetic.

22. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed? Apr 29, 2013, 16:26 cronik

Get it dudebros!  

21. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed? Apr 29, 2013, 16:13 Linksil

Gib: What is wrong with the COD games? Tell me what's sooo bad about them that destroy's the gaming. Now you need to tell me what is actually BAD about the game, not what is bad in your opinion. What about them hurts gaming industry that people should not buy them?  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

20. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed? Apr 29, 2013, 16:11 netnerd85

To each their own. I don't see you guys pissing on all the teenage girls and gay boys because they buy The Sims. Which is WAY WAY worse in terms of raping for the dollar.

Tom Clancy? eh

19. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed? Apr 29, 2013, 16:07 Verno

"The needs of the many" *snort* First world problems.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

18. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed? Apr 29, 2013, 16:01 Cutter

People can do all manner of shit that' their right. Doesn't mean it's good thing and can, in fact, be quite the opposite. That sort of selfish attitude needs to end. The needs of the many as it were.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

17. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed? Apr 29, 2013, 15:40 nin

Gib007 wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 15:32:
I don't care much for freedom of choice in this case. People shouldn't be allowed to spend money on CoD, period.

Well thankfully we don't game by committee.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

16. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed? Apr 29, 2013, 15:32 Gib007

I don't care much for freedom of choice in this case. People shouldn't be allowed to spend money on CoD, period.  

15. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed? Apr 29, 2013, 15:15 Verno

Err, he doesn't buy them every year and likes the gameplay, last time I checked you guys weren't earning his pay check for him either.

If someone told me not to buy my JRPGs I'd tell them to fuck right off

14. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed? Apr 29, 2013, 14:39 Cutter

Elessar wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 13:30:
Rattlehead wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 10:28:
Stop
Buying
This
Shitty
Game.

Who are you to tell people what to and what not to buy? I like a spectrum of games (Bioshock, Civ, Total War, Terraria, Assassin's Creed) and CoD is among them. Yes they're repetitive year to year, which is why I only pick them up every few years, but I do enjoy them when I do. So if you don't like them, don't buy them. Not sure why people are so obsessed with hating on it. So what if people like it.

We're telling you not to buy it because you're part of the problem. Stop being part of the problem.

13. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed? Apr 29, 2013, 13:30 Elessar

Rattlehead wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 10:28:
Stop
Buying
This
Shitty
Game.

Who are you to tell people what to and what not to buy? I like a spectrum of games (Bioshock, Civ, Total War, Terraria, Assassin's Creed) and CoD is among them. Yes they're repetitive year to year, which is why I only pick them up every few years, but I do enjoy them when I do. So if you don't like them, don't buy them. Not sure why people are so obsessed with hating on it. So what if people like it.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

12. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed? Apr 29, 2013, 13:04 Verno

Yeah it was all about finding the right servers. The SP was serviceable and yeah it had some great voice actors. I've seen friends playing Blops and shit, doesn't really interest me any and it seems like the PC features continue to diminish. I really miss being able to run my own server for games, grow a community and site around them, etc.  

11. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed? Apr 29, 2013, 12:47 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 11:09:
Call of Duty World at War was the peak for me in terms of features vs cost and the community. Great MP in that game and pretty much every PC feature you could think of. I don't bother with them anymore, the games haven't evolved enough IMHO.

World at War's player base was pretty awful though. I recall going 109-10 on a map being called a hacker and the server admin banning me because he couldn't beat me. Fun times. All i remember is it was some burnt out town and I just ran a pattern like I used to do in Doom with Scavenger and a PPSh and constantly had radar up due to the amount of kills I was getting.

I liked it's campaign the most though, helped that Gary Oldman and Keifer Sutherland voiced the 2 main guys you interacted with. I love me some Gary Oldman (He was Reznov if you weren't aware).

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

10. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed? Apr 29, 2013, 11:14 DangerDog

Left out the best part, it's using a new engine.

lol

I wonder if there's enough left of id software's quake 2 engine tech to warrant any royalty payment to them.

9. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed? Apr 29, 2013, 11:09 Verno

Call of Duty World at War was the peak for me in terms of features vs cost and the community. Great MP in that game and pretty much every PC feature you could think of. I don't bother with them anymore, the games haven't evolved enough IMHO.  

8. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed? Apr 29, 2013, 10:59 Cutter

I've never bought a CoD game and the only 2 BF games I bought were 1942 and Vietnam. Vietnam was great for the flavour, but like every DICE game it was a buggy, haxfest laden, POS. The rest has all been garbage too. I am part of the solution.

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo