Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's Valve's list of the 10 bestselling games on Steam last week:

1. Dead Island Riptide
  2. BioShock Infinite
  3. Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition
  4. Monaco
  5. Age of Empires II HD Edition
  6. Don't Starve
  7. Surgeon Simulator 2013
  8. Max Payne 3
  9. L.A. Noire
  10. Stardrive

View
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 28, 2013, 18:32 ItBurn

Loved the original Dead Island. It does have issues... The atmosphere is amazing, but I wish there were more dark environments. Coop sucks. I hated it. It removed all the survival horror parts of the game. It became a zombie whack-a-mole. The best way to enjoy it is to play alone and not to waste time exploring everything and doing every side quest. That way it won't become repetitive. You don't need to complete everything anyway, it all scales to your level.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 28, 2013, 18:18 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Apr 28, 2013, 17:11:
nin wrote on Apr 28, 2013, 14:57:
Was actually hoping Monaco would land higher, but that was a good DA price (vs content).

Also, go buy Monaco!

Agreed, Monaco is a much better use of money than Mars War Logs which is a pretty awful b list RPG. Someone compared it to Alpha Protocol earlier and that's really doing Alpha Protocol (an unfairly tarred, misunderstood game) a disservice. They are not even in the same league.

I freaking loved Alpha Protocol. Crappy graphics, I guess minda mediocre gameplay, but fuck me was that game good. The story, the choices/consequences.. amazing.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 28, 2013, 17:13 Cutter

FU wrote on Apr 28, 2013, 16:56:
What no Eador: Masters of the Broken World

If you like stategy and chocies with consequences look no further.

Reminds me of lords of the Relams 2 Circa 1996. But in a fantasy world

I want it, but they've been blasting it in the forums for being super buggy and unfinished. Ima wait for a sale/ a few patches on it first.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 28, 2013, 17:11 Redmask

Was actually hoping Monaco would land higher, but that was a good DA price (vs content).

Also, go buy Monaco!

Agreed, Monaco is a much better use of money than Mars War Logs which is a pretty awful b list RPG. Someone compared it to Alpha Protocol earlier and that's really doing Alpha Protocol (an unfairly tarred, misunderstood game) a disservice. They are not even in the same league.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 28, 2013, 16:56 FU

What no Eador: Masters of the Broken World

If you like stategy and chocies with consequences look no further.

Reminds me of lords of the Relams 2 Circa 1996. But in a fantasy world

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 28, 2013, 16:56 PHJF

I'm trying an FXAA/SMAA injector for Riptide (it looks pretty fugly without one) but it isn't going so hot. Somebody have a good injector/settings for it?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 28, 2013, 16:47 Brumbek

I just played Dead Island for the first time. 26 hours for first playthrough and LOVED it. No other game is like it. Plus modding on the PC totally fixed the wonky controls and inventory issues. With a few tweaks (Dead Island Helper, forced AA, more ammo, stackable items, movement axis tweaks) the game becomes REALLY excellent.

I don't get the hate for Riptide. It is another chance to enjoy over twenty hours of open-world zombie slashing. I pity the people who don't enjoy cutting zombies up with shock katanas.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 28, 2013, 16:45 netnerd85

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 28, 2013, 16:40:
Got it and love it.. man I can't believe I would nearly have skipped such an Interesting RPG... has a sort of Alpha Protocol vibe in it's rougness, but it seems interesting, combat is decent, and story is very interesting.
I'm waiting for Innocence to pay his debit Devilish

I love the setting more than anything, the story is definitely interesting.

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 28, 2013, 16:40 eRe4s3r

Got it and love it.. man I can't believe I would nearly have skipped such an Interesting RPG... has a sort of Alpha Protocol vibe in it's rougness, but it seems interesting, combat is decent, and story is very interesting.  

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 28, 2013, 16:36 netnerd85

Frijoles wrote on Apr 28, 2013, 16:09:
Mars War Logs reviews have been "meh", so I'm waiting for a sale on that one.
Really? Gamers like it.

And a 8/10 review.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 28, 2013, 16:16 nin

Dunno about the single player though (if it has one).

That's how I'm playing it, and it's a blast. Though I can easily see how multi would make it even more frantic...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 28, 2013, 16:10 dj LiTh

Any players of Stardrive? I'm really considering it but just curious as the current state of the bugs and slowdown issues if they have been somewhat alleviated or still present.  

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 28, 2013, 16:09 Frijoles

netnerd85 wrote on Apr 28, 2013, 15:00:
No, buy something worth paying for. [Edit] Seriously, $15 for that indie crap? SHOVELWARE.

Monaco's multiplayer has gotten good reviews everywhere I read about it. Dunno about the single player though (if it has one). Mars War Logs reviews have been "meh", so I'm waiting for a sale on that one.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 28, 2013, 15:00 netnerd85

Also, go buy Monaco!

No, buy something worth paying for. [Edit] Seriously, $15 for that indie crap? SHOVELWARE.

Get Mars War Logs

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 28, 2013, 14:57 nin

Also, go buy Monaco!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 28, 2013, 14:43 Cutter

Gipson wrote on Apr 28, 2013, 14:29:
Bleh. Not touching Riptide even if it was $5. Made a huge mistake preordering the first one all the bugs and the repetitive kick, slash combat put me off. Never even completed act 3.

But caught some game play vids on Surgeon Sim and it looks like a hilariously good time. Least realistic 'Simulator' but the funniest.

That's the problem with all zombie games. They get repetitive so fast.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 28, 2013, 14:34 jdreyer

I wouldn't have thought DI:R would be the top seller. Still with the six year old DA:O in third place, I guess it's not such a great accomplishment.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 28, 2013, 14:33 netnerd85

Bought Dead Island Riptide from GMG, good Co-Op fun with the partner.

So many moaners out there

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 28, 2013, 14:29 Gipson

Bleh. Not touching Riptide even if it was $5. Made a huge mistake preordering the first one all the bugs and the repetitive kick, slash combat put me off. Never even completed act 3.

But caught some game play vids on Surgeon Sim and it looks like a hilariously good time. Least realistic 'Simulator' but the funniest.

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo