Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Metaverse

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 27, 2013, 09:55 sliv

We've been streaming-only for a year and a half and have not missed cable at all. Sure I miss ESPN during football season, but 16 games is not worth the price of cable. I do love going into Best Buy and the DirecTV guy walks up asking if I've seen their new rates. I simple ask "is it better than free?" and tell them we couldn't be happier cutting cable.

We're setup with an Elgato TV to record OTA local stations on my Mac automatically exporting to iTunes, bought a couple of AppleTV's and have bought the lifetime license of PlayOn.tv for the PS3.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 27, 2013, 07:51 Saboth

The TMC story reminds me of my recent dealings with Comcast. They've also had to fight a loss of revenue. They are really pushing their digital voice (starting at $20 a month promotion then shooting up to like $50 a month after that). I've got a cell phone...why would I want to pay another $600 a year to talk on a different phone. Anyhow, one way they decided to recoup costs was to scramble their channels after converting them to digital (meaning you can't just hook the coax up to your TV anymore, which we did for most rooms in the house), forcing you to get a digital converter box. They said you get 2 for free, then you have to pay after that. Well, not even 6 months later, what shows up on the bill? Charges for each of the converter boxes. So they lost a 10 year customer (at least for TV. Since they are a monopoly in my town for internet, no choice there).  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo