Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: etc., etc. Apr 27, 2013, 16:15 SectorEffector

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 20:43:
Well thats the first bit of news to get me interested in this project. Life of Pi was stunning.

Also, its always nice to hear stories about people who can hold down a job while playing WoW.

Pi was stunning because of R&H, too bad the director can't bring on all his guys. VFX is in the strangest area right now. Every single facet of Hollywood pretty much has representation except us.

Sucks to know that films producers knew they would put a VFX company out of business, and then they have the audacity to interview the lion trainer for how they made the film possible.. It's good that the lion you see is VFX 85% of the time if not more.

Looks like I'll try doing FX for video games strictly. SO many AAA million dollar budget games I play with the worst destruction ever for "blowing up a bridge" or clearing a path. (minus a couple smart developers out there that wised up and hired VFX FX artists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: etc., etc. Apr 27, 2013, 10:42 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 22:03:
Wallshadows wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 21:49:
Starring Gilbert Gottfried as Thrall.

"I like my coffee like I like my women, black, with a side of prune danish." - GG

And Robin Williams as The Lich King's wise cracking pet geist.

4. Re: etc., etc. Apr 26, 2013, 22:03 Cutter

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 21:49:

"I like my coffee like I like my women, black, with a side of prune danish." - GG

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: etc., etc. Apr 26, 2013, 21:49 Wallshadows

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

2. Re: etc., etc. Apr 26, 2013, 21:00 jdreyer

Yeah, at least it will look nice.

I really hope they hone and hone the story, Pixar-style. It would be terrible if it ended up being like that old Dungeons and Dragons movie, or even the Hobbit (which had narrative issues, even though it looked great). Also, they need at least one orc saying "Zug-zug."

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

1. Re: etc., etc. Apr 26, 2013, 20:43 Cyanotetyphas

Well thats the first bit of news to get me interested in this project. Life of Pi was stunning.

Also, its always nice to hear stories about people who can hold down a job while playing WoW.

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo