Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Counterstrike: GO Operation Payback Pays Map Authors

The Counterstrike: Global Offensive Blog announces that Operation Payback is now live, offering the community the chance to remunerate map creators for their efforts. Word is: "Since we launched the CS:GO Maps Workshop back in February, over 1,400 maps have been uploaded. The CS team has been consistently blown away by how complex, well thought out, and just plain fun so many of these maps have been." Saying that they "wanted these maps to reach a wider audience" they came up with a way to do so and also reward the maps' authors efforts with some OPM:

Operation Payback” marks the first of an ongoing series of limited-time updates aimed at giving a well-earned financial reward to some of CS:GO’s most popular and prolific mapmakers. For a limited time, you can buy a pass half-priced for $2.99. That’ll get you unlimited access to a Classic Casual map group featuring seven of the highest-voted Workshop Maps. Invite your friends (even if they don’t have a pass) and enjoy uninterrupted low-ping play on official servers—all while rewarding CS:GO’s top-voted virtual mapmakers with real money. Buying a pass also gets you a one-of-a-kind challenge coin, upgradable by playing and viewable wherever your avatar is shown. “Operation Payback” will be live from now until July 31st, and it’s currently half-priced, so get in there! And remember: “Payback” is just the beginning. Future Operations will highlight all-new collections of popular maps. So stay tuned, keep mapmaking, and keep upvoting!

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Counterstrike: GO Operation Payback Pays Map Authors Apr 28, 2013, 11:37 eRe4s3r

While we talk about Steam Workshop and how retarded it is. I had a mod for CIV5, it auto updated.. in between 2 game sessions.. which ruined my damn 40hr on-going game SAVE.

So thank you steam, for not even be able to write a proper fucking update system for mods. Which means, DON'T FUCKING UPDATE MY INSTALLED MODS UNLESS I SAY SO. Bah!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Counterstrike: GO Operation Payback Pays Map Authors Apr 26, 2013, 18:59 theglaze

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 17:03:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 15:25:
siapnar wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 11:00:
I really hope someday they make a truly updated version of CS with better animation and graphics rivaling that of today's best.

I get it, it is an arcade shooter, but it would be better if it wasn't 80% headshots with weapons that in now way in hell would do a headshot at that distance - sort of game.

Spammy and gets old quick.

What, you don't like the 100 yard 9mm headshot? (From a 4" pistol barrel, no less?)

There's no doubt that they've changed the gameplay and gun balancing to encourage to different experience than previous CS games. In competitive play, a 5 man glock rush during pistol round use to favor CT's on most maps, but now requires steady counter grenades and flashes to neutralize the impact. Unfortunately GO flash/smoke grenades seem to be the most inconsistent yet, and that's where I find the most frustration.

6. Re: Counterstrike: GO Operation Payback Pays Map Authors Apr 26, 2013, 17:03 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 15:25:
I really hope someday they make a truly updated version of CS with better animation and graphics rivaling that of today's best.

I get it, it is an arcade shooter, but it would be better if it wasn't 80% headshots with weapons that in now way in hell would do a headshot at that distance - sort of game.

What, you don't like the 100 yard 9mm headshot? (From a 4" pistol barrel, no less?)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

5. Re: Counterstrike: GO Operation Payback Pays Map Authors Apr 26, 2013, 16:55 =JpS=SgtRock

As the guy in charge of setting up a CS:GO server for LAN play every few months, my biggest complaint about the Workshop is how difficult it seems to be to get maps set up properly. Whatever happened to a nice, simple zipfile that got extracted in the right place?  

4. Re: Counterstrike: GO Operation Payback Pays Map Authors Apr 26, 2013, 15:25 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

3. Re: Counterstrike: GO Operation Payback Pays Map Authors Apr 26, 2013, 11:00 siapnar

I have projectile dysfunction.

2. Re: Counterstrike: GO Operation Payback Pays Map Authors Apr 26, 2013, 10:02 Suckage

It's still a fun game, IMO, but the server I play on merely adapted old maps to CS:GO.  

1. Re: Counterstrike: GO Operation Payback Pays Map Authors Apr 26, 2013, 09:32 nin

I'd totally forgotten about workshop support. I need to reinstall this and have a look...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo