Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Spicy Horse Announces Hell Invaders

Spicy Horse Games announces Hell Invaders (working title) is the next game from this Chinese developer founded by expatriate American developer American McGee, saying this will be a collectible card game/RTS set in the Underworld coming to Windows, OS X, Linux, and tablets this fall. Besides the obvious element of the setting, here's how this will differ from similar games: "Hell Invaders features actual card battles--rather than two cards 'fighting' on a table, the creatures within the cards actually have 3D representations that fight it out--as well as cards that sport upgrades and swappable skills, so even cards for the same creature can be completely different." Here are some screenshots, and here's word:

April 25, 2012. Shanghai. Spicy Horse Games, developer of games including Akaneiro: Demon Hunters, BigHead BASH, and Crazy Fairies, revealed its next project is a collectible card game/RTS set in the Underworld with the working title Hell Invaders.

Hell Invaders features actual card battles--rather than two cards "fighting" on a table, the creatures within the cards actually have 3D representations that fight it out--as well as cards that sport upgrades and swappable skills, so even cards for the same creature can be completely different.

Players can battle it out in a single player campaign or take up cards and fight in PVP arenas. For more peacefully inclined souls, trading, card management and other social features provide ways to enjoy eternal damnation.

Hell Invaders is currently scheduled for a Fall release and will be playable on PC, Mac, Linux, and tablets.

Spicy Horse will reveal more on Hell Invaders, including the final title and publisher, in the upcoming months.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Spicy Horse Announces Hell Invaders Apr 26, 2013, 04:34 NewMaxx

Trevellian wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 18:14:
I did the FWB thing with a coworker from Japan once, it was... ridiculous.

Talk about a spicy horse! ...I'm here all week.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Spicy Horse Announces Hell Invaders Apr 25, 2013, 21:00 Keith

Graphics look fine to me. I really dig BattleForge, which sounds similar. And truth to tell, I don't think there are enough good card/RTS games. Although I haven't been impressed with any of American McGee's previous efforts, I suppose he could be lucky this time out. Plus it doesn't seem to have those annoying anime-inspired oversized bubble graphics or whatever they are called. So this is already +2 in my book (+1 for RTS/Card and +1 for non-anime graphics).
Is American an ex-pat because he was too cheap to pay his proper taxes? Didn't bother googling it, but that would be a negative -2 for me, so this would be even keel.

13. Re: Spicy Horse Announces Hell Invaders Apr 25, 2013, 19:37 Nuhauser

I really think he's going for an iOS game more than anything else here, thus the wacky premise. I liked his last Alice game, a shame he can't do something similar, just away from Lewis Carroll. Wondering what sort of control China would exert upon him in terms of content for his games. Although, with several other companies here making games it's possible they operate free of "moral oversight" or censorship.  

12. Re: Spicy Horse Announces Hell Invaders Apr 25, 2013, 18:14 Trevellian

Cutter wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 17:56:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 14:25:
Cutter wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 10:41:
Why does McGee not want to make games at home? Too cheap? Rather outsource then hire domestically?

An endless supply of hot Chinese women to date, obviously.

Weird you should mention that. I dunno if it's just I'm looking at more asian women of late or they're just getting hotter but I've seen plenty of hot ones around lately. I've only been with a few in my time and with the exception of one, they were no great shakes in bed.

The Japanese or Phillipino ones are great in bed. Japan is more open sexually than China. I did the FWB thing with a coworker from Japan once, it was... ridiculous.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge

11. Re: Spicy Horse Announces Hell Invaders Apr 25, 2013, 17:56 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 14:25:
Why does McGee not want to make games at home? Too cheap? Rather outsource then hire domestically?

Weird you should mention that. I dunno if it's just I'm looking at more asian women of late or they're just getting hotter but I've seen plenty of hot ones around lately. I've only been with a few in my time and with the exception of one, they were no great shakes in bed.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

10. Re: Spicy Horse Announces Hell Invaders Apr 25, 2013, 14:25 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

9. Re: Spicy Horse Announces Hell Invaders Apr 25, 2013, 13:01 netnerd85

Because Americans can't make Video Games

Poland for the win!

8. Re: Spicy Horse Announces Hell Invaders Apr 25, 2013, 12:14 Trevellian

Looks awful.

Think he needs to retire.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge

7. Re: Spicy Horse Announces Hell Invaders Apr 25, 2013, 11:54 Axis

Oh BOY, another 'collectible' computer card game - bet those cards will be worth MILLIONS in the future... MILLIONS!  

Yours truly,

Axis

6. Re: Spicy Horse Announces Hell Invaders Apr 25, 2013, 11:47 nin

he's an expat residing in China running a business in China which he started AFTER leaving America. Given his "quirky" nature I think it's a cultural choice.

Well, he is all about cheap knock-offs.

<ducks>

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Spicy Horse Announces Hell Invaders Apr 25, 2013, 11:45 commonperson

Julio wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 10:46:

I'm guessing he wants labor at slave pricing like Apple. Maybe he should change his first name from "American" given he'd rather outsource to China.

He doesn't outsource, that would imply he runs a business out of America. He's relocated to China (having left in 2005 residing in Hong Kong, Llama Island, and now Shanghai), he's an expat residing in China running a business in China which he started AFTER leaving America. Given his "quirky" nature I think it's a cultural choice.

4. Re: Spicy Horse Announces Hell Invaders Apr 25, 2013, 10:46 Julio

I'm guessing he wants labor at slave pricing like Apple. Maybe he should change his first name from "American" given he'd rather outsource to China.

3. Re: Spicy Horse Announces Hell Invaders Apr 25, 2013, 10:41 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Spicy Horse Announces Hell Invaders Apr 25, 2013, 09:45 Mr. Tact

Uh, pass.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

1. Re: Spicy Horse Announces Hell Invaders Apr 25, 2013, 09:41 nin

Hell Invaders features actual card battles--rather than two cards 'fighting' on a table, the creatures within the cards actually have 3D representations that fight it out--as well as cards that sport upgrades and swappable skills, so even cards for the same creature can be completely different."

"How about a card game? You kids like card games, right? They're all the rage? Yes? Hello? Anyone?"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo