Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors

BF4Central has a poster they say they obtained from an EB Games store in Sydney Australia that lists some of the features in Battlefield 4, including the return of Commander Mode to the military first-person shooter sequel along with mention of Battlelog 2.0, and an expansion called "Drone Strike." The poster has an October date, coinciding with their post about the upcoming shooter sequel being shown off in October at Australia's EB Games Expo. The part about Commander Mode coincides with a recent rumor that we skipped suspecting a hoax, and October is the release date mentioned in a another sketchy rumor, but a skeptic would note that if one hoax begat the other then this is not a confirmation, and it seems odd to create a poster eight months in advance of the event. The poster also has some oddities like a missing PC logo, PS3 and Xbox logos placed on areas with deliberately poor contrast, and a lack of TM symbols anywhere but the EB Games logo. However, the site says the got the poster from the store, so it may be legit. We shall see.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 25, 2013, 09:21 SpectralMeat

Verno wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 09:13:
BF is way more demanding than COD dude.
I know but they were claiming PC was the lead platform for their development, so I don't see why can they not add bots for PC and not for the consoles.
I mean there were differences in BF3 PC and console versions also, like 64 players vs 32 or something.

Obviously MP is the main focus here not SP as this is BF, but an offline bots skirmish mode would be a nice addition imo. It would add not take away from the experience.
Maybe next year

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 25, 2013, 09:13 Verno

BF is way more demanding than COD dude. I think bots would be a good training tool for new players to some extent, maybe just for vehicle interaction more than anything else but its not realistic to implement with this gen of consoles. Maybe BF5 or whatever they are up to in 2014.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

22. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 25, 2013, 09:09 SpectralMeat

Verno wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 09:02:
You don't need bots anyway, just play in any public, non-HC server for a similar experience
That's what I've been doing but the base rapes are getting frustrating.
Sometimes I just don't want to deal with the public games but still want to play the game.

Not sure why bots wouldn't work on consoles, CoD did it.

21. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 25, 2013, 09:02 Verno

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 08:51:
Would "bots" be too much to ask for?

Consoles don't have the horsepower to do bots unfortunately

You don't need bots anyway, just play in any public, non-HC server for a similar experience

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

20. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 25, 2013, 08:51 SpectralMeat

Would "bots" be too much to ask for?  

19. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 25, 2013, 07:17 Redmask

Bishi wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 06:02:
I too would prefer a return to the bigger squads (5-6) with a potential balancing mechanic in place such as squad leader spawn only. It is a little too easy for squads to 'spam-spawn' at the moment (one man enters a room and a split second later four leave)

Yeah it makes no sense, commander mode, voip and leader spawn would be nice 'additions'.

18. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 25, 2013, 06:02 Bishi

I too would prefer a return to the bigger squads (5-6) with a potential balancing mechanic in place such as squad leader spawn only. It is a little too easy for squads to 'spam-spawn' at the moment (one man enters a room and a split second later four leave)  

17. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 25, 2013, 03:52 ShakyJake

Bigger squads would be totally balanced if only they could go back to spawning ONLY on the squad leader, and not just anyone in the squad. During big battles in BF2, you'd see just where the stream of players were coming from and could circle back around the enemy and assassinate the squad leader while he was trying to hide in the back. Bam, no more forward spawn point for the guys getting gunned down afterwards. As it is right now, people just popping out of thin air into every gunfight takes a lot of fun out of some of these fights.  

16. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 25, 2013, 00:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Rea1One wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 23:58:
Commander was needed in Bad Company, Bad Company 2 & Battlefield 3, so hopefully its true and its here to stay, also they need to make the squads bigger like in BF2 & BF2142.

Commander is definitely nice in an organized setting, but surely I wasn't the only one who played BF2 on pubs and had complete shitheels get in the Commander slot and ruin matches, either on my team or the opposition?

Bigger squad would be nice, but I think DICE is set on 4 player squads as a balance measure.

15. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 24, 2013, 23:58 Rea1One

Commander was needed in Bad Company, Bad Company 2 & Battlefield 3, so hopefully its true and its here to stay, also they need to make the squads bigger like in BF2 & BF2142.  

14. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 24, 2013, 20:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

I hope Commander mode is optional, it's a good way to ruin a pub game even more than the usual trolls blowing up your team's vehicles, etc.

As far as Scope glint, hopefully DICE removes the insane lens flare effect from the sun first. You can avoid scope glint yourself by using smaller scopes/no scope.

All that said, nothing shown so far as far as actual BF4 footage is making me want to migrate from BF3 at this point. Single player campaign is meaningless, especially if it doesn't unlock any multiplayer weapons or even have the same weapon/vehicle physics, ala BF3's singe player.

13. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 24, 2013, 20:56 LittleMe

Well if Actiblizz is trying to compete with CoD there's a chance they've been working on this for years and in that case, the recycled assets might not be as prevalent as we fear. Will the maps suck?

BF2143 in 2014 that builds on top of the BF4 engine? Summer?

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

12. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 24, 2013, 20:25 Frags4Fun

DarkCntry wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 19:17:
Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 18:43:
Scope Glare/Glint

And why wouldn't that be in the game?

I don't like it because it's unrealistic. Not that BF3 is realistic to begin with, but it's more fun (imho) hunting down snipers like in the old days when games required more skill and no helpers like scope glint. I find it to be much more rewarding to find the hard to find snipers who kill you 8 times before you even find them. I don't like seeing the damage indicator and knowing which direction to turn AND then seeing a huge scope glare (damage direction indicator is enough). It makes killing snipers less satisfying. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment in that regard.

They could at least add the option to disable it for hardcore mode and that would satisfy me. I never play anything but Hardcore so that would be nice to have as a server side option.

EDIT:

If Dice could make realistic scope glint, I would be all for that. As it is, it's unrealistic. The sun, scope, and observer have to be aligned just right for it to even happen in RL.

11. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 24, 2013, 19:31 ItBurn

Ranger55 wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 19:26:
Scope Glare/Glint

Modern anti-glare and anti-reflection coatings on scopes can reduce or even eliminate it.

I'd rather have glare. It balances snipers. This is a game, not a simulation like arma. Play arma?

10. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 24, 2013, 19:26 Ranger55

Scope Glare/Glint

Modern anti-glare and anti-reflection coatings on scopes can reduce or even eliminate it.

9. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 24, 2013, 19:22 DangerDog

Yeah, they're going to change just enough to try to make people think it's worthy of the #4 but most likely will recycle so many assets from BF3 that people will cry "$60 DLC expansion" no mater what DICE says.  

8. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 24, 2013, 19:17 DarkCntry

Scope Glare/Glint

7. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 24, 2013, 19:14 DangerDog

TangledThorns wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 19:09:
Bring back MAV riding.

I loved getting up on buildings you really weren't suppose to and then snipe down from high.

The only thing I liked about commander mode in BF2 was that it gave me an excuse to destroying commander assets and hanging out in the enemy spawn area.

6. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 24, 2013, 19:09 TangledThorns

Bring back MAV riding.  

5. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 24, 2013, 18:43 Frags4Fun

I'll consider getting BF4 when BF3 is out of beta.

If BF4 has any of the following things, I'll not be buying it.

Lack of real ingame VOIP
Scope Glare/Glint
Brighter than the sun flashlights
Client side hit detection and many other client side things that can be manipulated like damage modifiers
Magic bullets that follow you around corners thanks to client side BS
Rampant cheaters - Here's a video showing some cheats which doesn't even show all the passive cheats available. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wb0gzQPZaKc

I've had a lot of fun playing BF3, but I've also experienced a lot of frustration with it. I doubt that Dice and EA will change any of these things though. I know that they will NEVER allow mod support again so I won't bother putting that on my list. Arma 3 has that cover though so I couldn't care less about BF4 actually.

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo