Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Batman: Arkham Origins Multiplayer?

Batman: Arkham Origins will include multiplayer support, according to a rumor on Kotaku they say they can "confirm" after verifying their anonymous source's tip with a second anonymous source. They also describe how this is supposed to work, but this is only from their first source, though they are comfortable sharing it because the source previously predicted how the cover art for the Batman stealth/action sequel. They say one aspect of this will involve playing as a gang member working for The Joker or Bane fighting Batman and Robin, since in the comics and movies those henchmen are never effortlessly dismissed by the heroes.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Multiplayer? Apr 25, 2013, 10:04 Verno

Yeah I was dumbfounded to see how much some of the staunchest people here were into the ME3 multiplayer given its relative simplicity and how much it obviously affected some aspects of design (maps in particular).  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Multiplayer? Apr 24, 2013, 14:58 Jivaro

I blame the relative success of multiplayer in games like Mass Effect 3 and Uncharted 3. It sells DLC or at the very least keeps the name of the franchise in our brains until the next entry. I really wish they wouldn't waste the resources on multiplayer when the singleplayer is what everyone cares about...but I think that as long it continues to sell DLC and provide a PR/marketing opportunity these companies are going to continue to do it.  

8. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Multiplayer? Apr 24, 2013, 14:39 NegaDeath

I could see co-op working. Maybe have some enemies that need to be distracted by player 1 so player 2 can swoop in to attack. Riddles requiring two people to solve. Etc.

But as I don't play coop I'd prefer a solid singleplayer mode.

7. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Multiplayer? Apr 24, 2013, 14:34 Flatline

There isn't enough Bat-Shark Repellant in the world to help the ensuing jump from being anything but a disaster.  

6. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Multiplayer? Apr 24, 2013, 14:30 Cyanotetyphas

It would be pretty funny satire if you play a henchmen who just gets his ass kicked by Batman no matter how much you level up.

Fully expect it to be perfunctory but hey guys someones got to make progress on third person action net code.

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

5. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Multiplayer? Apr 24, 2013, 13:43 Slashman

And so it begins: The decline of a great series.  

4. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Multiplayer? Apr 24, 2013, 13:35 netnerd85

Catman? "Mee OW!"  

3. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Multiplayer? Apr 24, 2013, 13:23 The Half Elf

If they would have had Co-op for Arkham City to play as Batman and Robin (or Catwomen) then it would have been awesome.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Multiplayer? Apr 24, 2013, 11:25 Creston

OMG EVERY GAME MUST HAVE TEH MULTIPLAYER! Rolleyes

Though it could be funny:

"I'm Batman!"

"No, I'm Batman!"

"Fuck both y'all, I'm Batman!"

Creston

1. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Multiplayer? Apr 24, 2013, 10:45 Cutter

Sigh. They don't need this and all it'll do - of course - is take away resources from the SP game. I knew these guys wouldn't get it.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo