Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 24, 2013, 17:46 PHJF

heh, makes me feel even better having bought the game (sans the mutilated tits option) last night.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 24, 2013, 17:01 Prez

Good for Deep Silver. Tell the whiny self entitled game journalists to take their hypersensitive crying over complete non-issues and fuck off.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 24, 2013, 14:12 Julio

At least Deep Silver delivered what they promised, personally I'm not into that but each to their own. I'm guessing putting that in your living room will ensure your house doesn't get robbed  

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 24, 2013, 13:40 netnerd85

Yay, Go Nintendo.

So Deep Silver went ahead and shipped the Dead Island Riptide Zombie Bait Edition regardless. Option not to buy apparently insufficient.
Indeed, What the fuck is the problem? Sure, they should have had two versions. One of a guys lower half with teeth marks in his shaft. Oh yeah, would have bought that

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2013, 13:47.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 24, 2013, 13:33 Verno

The same games as on every other platform? That's why the exclusives matter. You can't just ship a console and expect third parties to do everything though and arguably Microsoft hasn't been doing a great job of fostering that ecosystem in the past three years anyway. They need to lead by example, that's how consoles get going. Sony fucked that up big time for the PS3 launch and look what happened. They recovered but only after doing a lot of first party stuff and reaching out to developers. Microsoft did a bunch of exclusives and were friendly to devs/pubs instead of standoffish and arrogant, they ended up much better this gen based on work they did almost 4-5 years ago.

It's a much tougher market now and people have more forms of entertainment than they do time to enjoy it. I'm all for value add shit but I would much rather get a great console with great games first and all of that other shit I can get from a Roku second.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 24, 2013, 13:26 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 11:08:
Cutter wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 11:00:
I really wasn't planning on getting another Xbox anyway but that grabage with Pizza Hut and those other shitty apps and all the ads ensure that will never happen.

Like I said, it seems like they're a lot more focused on this living room multimedia mess than actually getting decent games to play.

If I buy a console, I'm buying it as a game player. Not because I want to order pizza or surf the web. I have other devices that do those a lot better. I'm not interested in trying the MS solution.

But any console is about the game ON it, not necessarily about the games they make (with exception to Nintendo and even Sony to a degree). Majority of consoles are about 3rd party developers.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 24, 2013, 11:36 Verno

I really wasn't planning on getting another Xbox anyway but that grabage with Pizza Hut and those other shitty apps and all the ads ensure that will never happen.

Sadly I don't see a return to a focus as a gaming console, just more of the same. Many of the big minds behind the Xbox are long gone and the corporate side of the company seems to be putting more and more pressure onto the entertain division to tie all of their products together.

They will announce a few exclusives just for the launch, of course. After that we'll be back to updates centered around the best way to deliver ads, exclusive DLC instead of games, Skype, Xbox TV and dumb shit like Bing Kinect Search. I wouldn't be shocked to see a price increase for XBL and the elimination of Silver altogether.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 24, 2013, 11:27 Creston

Microsoft hasn't lost touch with indies! They've just lost touch with every single fucking thing, ever.

Creston

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 24, 2013, 11:08 nin

Like I said, it seems like they're a lot more focused on this living room multimedia mess than actually getting decent games to play.

If I buy a console, I'm buying it as a game player. Not because I want to order pizza or surf the web. I have other devices that do those a lot better. I'm not interested in trying the MS solution.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 24, 2013, 11:00 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 24, 2013, 09:25 Verno

Nintendo jumps back to profit despite Wii U struggles

The 3DS is really taking off now and is helping to save their bacon. They need some killer software for the Wii U this year though otherwise it's going to turn into another Gamecube.

Pizza Hut on Xbox; Gold Unlocked for Select Sports Apps this weekend.

*snicker*

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo