Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game

Paramount Pictures and NAMCO BANDAI Games announce that Star Trek: The Video Game has beamed down into North American retailers, offering a co-op adventure based on the rebooted Star Trek movie series. Here's a launch trailer and here's the announcement:

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (April 23, 2013) – The wait is finally over for Star Trek fans, with the release today of the highly anticipated, unparalleled new game experience of STAR TREK: THE VIDEO GAME from Paramount Pictures and NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.

Offering amazing co-op play in the roles of iconic space adventure heroes Kirk and Spock, players will board the U.S.S. Enterprise and uncover a seemingly insurmountable threat by the rapacious enemy Gorn throughout the game.

STAR TREK: THE VIDEO GAME features the voice talent of Chris Pine as Kirk and Zachary Quinto as Spock, reprising their roles from the blockbuster 2009 film Star Trek and the upcoming Star Trek: Into Darkness. Offering 3D-compatible adventure, STAR TREK: THE VIDEO GAME requires players to work together as Starfleet officers Kirk and Spock by utilizing the intense co-op play that is at the core of the game.

“This is the most expansive, authentic Star Trek experience ever developed for the video game format,” said LeeAnne Stables, President of Consumer Products at Paramount Pictures. “It represents an incredible collaboration with the film creative teams, our development and distribution partners, and many true Trek fans. The result is a multi-faceted, fun-to-play new Star Trek adventure for gamers at all levels.”

Utilizing talent, costume and set designs from the previous film, along with a magnificent score by Oscar® winner Michael Giacchino and his team – performed by a 100-piece orchestra – STAR TREK: THE VIDEO GAME offers a compelling, action-packed gaming experience. It is the most fully realized Star Trek experience possible in a video game, combining technical detail with the discovery and exploration that are true hallmarks of Star Trek. BAFTA Award winner Marianne Krawczyk wrote the original story for STAR TREK: THE VIDEO GAME. Also contributing their voice to the thrilling adventure of STAR TREK: THE VIDEO GAME are Zoe Saldana as Uhura, Simon Pegg as Scotty, John Cho as Sulu, Karl Urban as “Bones” McCoy, and Anton Yelchin as Chekov.

The game is available today at national retailers for players on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and PC download. STAR TREK: THE VIDEO GAME has a suggested retail price of $59.99 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and $49.99 for PC, through STEAM, Amazon.com and GameStop Impulse. STAR TREK: THE VIDEO GAME is rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB. It is produced under license by CBS Consumer Products and distributed worldwide by NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc.

To learn more about STAR TREK: The Video Game, visit www.startrekgame.com or follow @star_trek_game on Twitter.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 24, 2013, 18:08 Quinn

jdreyer wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 21:44:
Based on the trailers, I think this is an early game of the year contender. Halfie, you said you've been playing it? Would you concur?

A joke, right?

Mark my words: This game sucks.

Admitted, that's only based on two trailers and some screens. But that's all da mastah needs. Mass Effect wanna-be, although that's all right. Dunno, after Dead Space 3's fuck up I'm already done with co-op.

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2013, 18:19.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 24, 2013, 15:32 Darks

SirKnight wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 00:02:
Lorcin wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 21:12:
Hey Aliens? Star Trek is trying hard to make you look better:

This is graphics fail - no screenshot can make your ears bleed like Chris Pine's voice acting does

Looks like Spock found a new and interesting way to mind meld.

hmm, maybe someone should play the game before jumping to conclusions about the clipping. the game has a non-clip to it so the players pas through each other so you don’t have issues with the AI standing in your way of a door blocking your progress.

But I will say that at least ACMs coop worked on release day, unlike this game where it’s completely broken.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

27. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 24, 2013, 12:04 Endo

edaciousx wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 11:29:
Endo wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 11:23:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 09:11:
Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 21:51:
The review for "Star Trek" was merely a two word review which simply read....

Are there games that you actually like? Or do you think you're edgy by hating on everything?
I'm pretty sure there's games Cutter likes. The better question is are there any new games he likes.

I know there's very very few new games I like, because most new stuff released in the last 5-10 years is mostly dumbed-down lightweight crap produced to appeal to the lowest common denominator. I still haven't found a FPS I like better than the original UT, for example.

I also found it extremely interesting and quite telling that the re-release of Age of Empires II topped Steam's sales charts for at least a week, even beating out Bioshock: Infinite. There's a reason some of us older PC gamers hold those older games in such high esteem, and it's not because of rose-colored glasses.

I actually just discovered red orchestra 2. Holy crap man does it have me by my balls. lol.

Yeah, RO2 is one of the few gems to come out in recent years. All the RO games have been good, dating back to the mod for UT2K4.

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2013, 13:38.

26. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 24, 2013, 11:29 edaciousx

Endo wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 11:23:

Are there games that you actually like? Or do you think you're edgy by hating on everything?
I'm pretty sure there's games Cutter likes. The better question is are there any new games he likes.

I know there's very very few new games I like, because most new stuff released in the last 5-10 years is mostly dumbed-down lightweight crap produced to appeal to the lowest common denominator. I still haven't found a FPS I like better than the original UT, for example.

I also found it extremely interesting and quite telling that the re-release of Age of Empires II topped Steam's sales charts for at least a week, even beating out Bioshock: Infinite. There's a reason some of us older PC gamers hold those older games in such high esteem, and it's not because of rose-colored glasses.

I actually just discovered red orchestra 2. Holy crap man does it have me by my balls. lol.

25. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 24, 2013, 11:23 Endo

24. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 24, 2013, 09:11 RollinThundr

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 24, 2013, 07:26 commonperson

Fletch wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 22:58:
Another interactive movie for consoles with a minute or two of third-person, cover system, hide-and-heal gameplay thrown in now and then. Pass.

Have you actually played it? It's pretty much standard FPS fare and no more an "interactive movie" than Gears or any other third person shooter is. It's not great but it's a middling title and the graphics are fairly decent on the PC (if a little lens flare heavy).

22. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 24, 2013, 07:08 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 23:01:
netnerd85 wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 22:30:
Stop using the same material old man.

The review for "net nerd85's" comment was merely a two word review which simply read....

....Derp derp.

21. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 24, 2013, 04:32 Julio

I would be ok with this being Steam only and heavily DRM'd  

20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 24, 2013, 03:13 netnerd85

Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 23:01:

The review for "net nerd85's" comment was merely a two word review which simply read....

I...

19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 24, 2013, 01:11 NegaDeath

Needs a scene were Kirk eats an apple in the most obnoxious way possible.  

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 24, 2013, 00:53 Frags4Fun

nin wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 20:32:
See ya @ xmas for $10!

I'm thinking that you are being rather generous when you say it will be $10. :-D

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 24, 2013, 00:02 SirKnight

Lorcin wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 21:12:
Hey Aliens? Star Trek is trying hard to make you look better:

This is graphics fail - no screenshot can make your ears bleed like Chris Pine's voice acting does

Looks like Spock found a new and interesting way to mind meld.

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 23, 2013, 23:59 Kedyn

nin wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 20:32:
See ya @ xmas for $10!

Yeah, since it was first announced this game has screamed "bargain bin".

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 23, 2013, 23:49 jdreyer

Fletch wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 22:58:
Another interactive movie for consoles with a minute or two of third-person, cover system, hide-and-heal gameplay thrown in now and then. Pass.

But, but, but there's PEW PEW PEW!!!

Also, too: Teh Gornz!

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 23, 2013, 23:01 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 23, 2013, 22:58 SlimRam

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 22:48:
I ended up getting it for 17 bucks, so I can't really complain, but the voice acting is as Bones would say.. 'Dammit Jim I'm a Doctor, not a carpenter!'

Elf, I was wondering, are you playing it on a console or pc? If by PC, is it possible to play like split screen co op or what they call 'couch co op'? I'm hoping it does and, well it would be nice if developers realized that PC players are starting to play on they're big tvs now......*gasp*....IN THE LIVING ROOM *cue creepy Halloween music*

I am Susan Ivanova. Daughter of Andre & Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance & the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth. I am death incarnate, & the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 23, 2013, 22:58 Fletch

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 23, 2013, 22:48 The Half Elf

I ended up getting it for 17 bucks, so I can't really complain, but the voice acting is as Bones would say.. 'Dammit Jim I'm a Doctor, not a carpenter!'  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 23, 2013, 22:38 Tumbler

I was excited to see the star ship combat... Then I watched some of it on YouTube. It's an on rails turret sequence. Great job on the trailers guys, the space combat looked nothing like that.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo