Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes Next Month; Specs Revealed

Stardock announces a release date for Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes, saying the strategy expansion is due on May 22nd as a standalone release, an expansion for Fallen Enchantress, and a promised free upgrade for early adopters of Elemental: War of Magic. Word is: "The expansion, Fallen Enchantress – Legendary Heroes, picks up where Fallen Enchantress left off. The world of Elemental is seeing new monsters invading the land and new champions have arisen to aid the player in their quest to bring order and civilization back to the people. The expansion is loaded with new features including a new champion system, an improved tactical battle experience, a new leveling system, new monsters, more spells and quests, larger map sizes, improved visuals, smarter AI, Steamworks achievements and much more." The news is accompanied by minimum system specifications:

• Processor:2.4 GHz Processor
  • Memory:1 GB RAM
  • Graphics:256 MB DirectX 9.0c Compliant Video Card w/Pixel Shader 2.0 (Radeon x1600 / GeForce 6800)
  • DirectX®:9.0c
  • Hard Drive:5 GB HD space
  • Sound:DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card
  • Additional: To activate this game you must create a Stardock account while launching the game

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes Next Month; Specs Revealed Apr 23, 2013, 13:22 DrEvil

Fibrocyte wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 09:13:
I'm happy to see positive feedback on this game - I guess I'll pick it up. Too bad it isn't available for OSX, however.

Historically, Stardock has been antagonistically pro-windows to the point that they've even badmouthed other platforms. Given that their new game releases are on Steam now though, I wonder if the "steamplay" feature will be too tempting.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes Next Month; Specs Revealed Apr 23, 2013, 12:01 Frijoles

I didn't hate Elemental: WoM like a lot of others, but it's hard to deny it was shit. Since I've now gotten both Fallen Enchantress and this one for free, I guess I can forgive them. Looking forward to trying this tonight.  

7. Re: Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes Next Month; Specs Revealed Apr 23, 2013, 11:50 avianflu

sounds more like it should be a patch than an expansion....  

6. Re: Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes Next Month; Specs Revealed Apr 23, 2013, 09:13 Fibrocyte

I'm happy to see positive feedback on this game - I guess I'll pick it up. Too bad it isn't available for OSX, however.  

5. Re: Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes Next Month; Specs Revealed Apr 23, 2013, 08:44 Verno

I'll download this and see if it redeems the shitty Elemental release for me.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

4. Re: Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes Next Month; Specs Revealed Apr 23, 2013, 01:45 Wolfox

Relampago wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 21:20:
So i preordered Elemental War of Magic (MoM is a top 5 all time game for me). It was an epic fail. However i downloaded Legendary Heroes and i can say this really feels like playing a modern day Master of Magic. Kudos to Stardock for sticking it through.

I second that, though I would add that it has a very different "feel" to it, when compared to Master of Magic. Legendary Heroes has an identity of its own, and a pretty good one at that.

It's definitely a pretty good game, one that I'd easily recommend for fans of the genre. I thought I would never say something like that after Elemental, but here we are, and I'm glad I was wrong.

3. Re: Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes Next Month; Specs Revealed Apr 23, 2013, 01:44 WyldKat

They really did. I saw that War of Magic had potential, but it was broken in so many areas. FE not only fix that, but improved it even further with stuff like the itemization and legendary items.

I've been given this expansion because I was a WoM early adopter, haven't had the time to try it yet but the two mane thing it fixes is Diplomacy and a better system for champs, which is great cause it was SO hard to find decent champs in the base game.

I'm looking forward to resurrecting my LP series once the update is final retail version.

2. Re: Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes Next Month; Specs Revealed Apr 22, 2013, 21:44 Axis

Ya they made up for that failure with FE which is a damn fine 4x game...  

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes Next Month; Specs Revealed Apr 22, 2013, 21:20 Relampago

So i preordered Elemental War of Magic (MoM is a top 5 all time game for me). It was an epic fail. However i downloaded Legendary Heroes and i can say this really feels like playing a modern day Master of Magic. Kudos to Stardock for sticking it through.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo