Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2013, 19:48 jdreyer

kunic wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 18:15:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 15:41:
I suppose another one will pop right up.

A friend in Japan says they're super strict about torrenting. He says Sony totally pushes the gov't to crack down even harder than they do here in the US.

Another friend in Spain says the opposite. The Spanish courts and gov't could care less, and he torrents everything.

This isn't about torrents; it's about Tor. Read up about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_(anonymity_network)

Sorry, I meant a Tor alternative will pop up, but with my mentioning of torrenting in the next sentence I see I did a poor job of communicating. Ostensibly, Sony is getting the Japanese gov't to block Tor b/c of all the torrenting that happens anonymously over Tor.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2013, 18:33 Cutter

I don't use Tor myself...yet...as I don't really need to for my surfing habits but I might one day. That'd suck if it was outlawed all over. Then you'd know for certain Big Brother is watching all the time.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2013, 18:15 kunic

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 15:41:

A friend in Japan says they're super strict about torrenting. He says Sony totally pushes the gov't to crack down even harder than they do here in the US.

Another friend in Spain says the opposite. The Spanish courts and gov't could care less, and he torrents everything.

This isn't about torrents; it's about Tor. Read up about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_(anonymity_network)

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2013, 15:41 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo