Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million

There's a The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth interview with Edmund McMillan on YouTube with word that the original The Binding of Isaac has surpassed the 2 million sales mark, as noted by Destructoid. They also pick out what he has to say about the game's upcoming sequel, which will not use Flash, but rather a new engine for a more optimal experience. Thanks Eurogamer via Joystiq via nin.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million Apr 24, 2013, 14:55 MindStalker3

?? Does this game ever give you any save points? It seems you always have to start over from the start with nothing.

BTW, Left handed controls are so much better, HTF am I supposed to shoot with arrow keys.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million Apr 22, 2013, 16:28 Flak

Easily one of the BEST games I've ever played. I've purchased this game for myself and 2 other people. I've had a few people come up to me and say 'the game looked like nothing special at first, but once playing it I got sucked in, thanks for putting me on to it'.

If you're even remotely interested in this game, GO BUY IT NOW. The game is simply incredible, even more so when you consider that basically 2 guys made it. Support these developers!

20. Re: Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million Apr 22, 2013, 15:27 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 15:14:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 07:02:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 04:20:
Super Meatboy did nothing for me, so I completely skipped this one (that, and the setting/subject matter seemed unappealing).

I never played Zelda, so I have no idea what "Zelda gameplay" is, but this game sounds like some kind of rogue-like?

I am not sure I understand how anyone, anywhere, at anytime, could comment on video games and not know what "Zelda gameplay" is....I just don't have words for how confused I am....if you google zelda gameplay, then google BIA gameplay....I would think it would be self explanatory....on top of that...are you saying you have never played the original Zelda?
I mean....I......but........
I have never owned a console, and seeing how much played stuff is in my Steam account I probably never will.

Wow. Play A link to the past on SNES or Link's awakening on GB/GBC. Great 2D games. With emulation, of course. There's probably not a lot left to play in your Steam library that is better. If you're a gaming fan or like game design, you should know what Zelda gameplay is.

Also, don't tell me you don't know what metroidvania is :p

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 2013, 15:34.

19. Re: Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million Apr 22, 2013, 15:14 jdreyer

Super Meatboy did nothing for me, so I completely skipped this one (that, and the setting/subject matter seemed unappealing).

I never played Zelda, so I have no idea what "Zelda gameplay" is, but this game sounds like some kind of rogue-like?

I am not sure I understand how anyone, anywhere, at anytime, could comment on video games and not know what "Zelda gameplay" is....I just don't have words for how confused I am....if you google zelda gameplay, then google BIA gameplay....I would think it would be self explanatory....on top of that...are you saying you have never played the original Zelda?
I mean....I......but........
I have never owned a console, and seeing how much played stuff is in my Steam account I probably never will.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

18. Re: Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million Apr 22, 2013, 10:51 ItBurn

Yeah I hated Meat Boy. This is a zelda dungeon rogue-like. Completely different, more polished, runs better and has better controls.

17. Re: Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million Apr 22, 2013, 10:49 ItBurn

This is a great game. Addictive, challenging and insane replayability. The music is especially good. Check this remix out: Binding of Isaac medley  

16. Re: Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million Apr 22, 2013, 09:14 xXBatmanXx

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 08:59:
I dismissed this with barely a glance when it was released. Looking again it appears to have a greater potential than I thought. The price is certainly right, might have to try and find some time for it...

Well, if you wanna be super cheap, it goes on sale for like 1.49 all the time. Add in another 1.00 for the addon. I have friends with over 300 hours in the game. I have 112 myself, and another 20 on a machine that isn't on the STEASM cloud. (laptop I used on a road trip)

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

15. Re: Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million Apr 22, 2013, 08:59 Mr. Tact

I dismissed this with barely a glance when it was released. Looking again it appears to have a greater potential than I thought. The price is certainly right, might have to try and find some time for it...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

14. Re: Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million Apr 22, 2013, 07:45 nin

I am not sure I understand how anyone, anywhere, at anytime, could comment on video games and not know what "Zelda gameplay" is....I just don't have words for how confused I am....if you google zelda gameplay, then google BIA gameplay....I would think it would be self explanatory....on top of that...are you saying you have never played the original Zelda? I mean....I......but........

The sad thing is, if he hasn't played it and plays it now, it wouldn't be that impressive, by todays standards.

For it's time, it was awesome, 25+ years later, not so much.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

13. Re: Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million Apr 22, 2013, 07:02 xXBatmanXx

I am not sure I understand how anyone, anywhere, at anytime, could comment on video games and not know what "Zelda gameplay" is....I just don't have words for how confused I am....if you google zelda gameplay, then google BIA gameplay....I would think it would be self explanatory....on top of that...are you saying you have never played the original Zelda? I mean....I......but........

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

12. Re: Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million Apr 22, 2013, 06:23 jacobvandy

It is very much a rogue-like. The comparison comes from the way the levels are laid out, with each room consisting of mini-encounters in a connected grid pattern like classic Zelda dungeons (randomly-generated here), plus hidden rooms and a boss at the end of each floor.

11. Re: Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million Apr 22, 2013, 04:54 rist3903

I never got into this one, but I appreciated the concept. I am glad they are moving on from flash which seemed like it was causing some slowdown with certain item combinations.

Dr. D. Schreber your signature link is to an account that no longer exists.

10. Re: Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million Apr 22, 2013, 04:20 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

9. Re: Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million Apr 21, 2013, 20:23 xXBatmanXx

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Apr 21, 2013, 17:55:
Yeah this game is awesome. So much content its unbelievable.

I got all the way to the chest once with IPECAC and then got the Mirror which made the game unbeatable because all of my bomb shots would float around me instead of going anywhere. RNGGG!!!!!

I keep isaac wiki open with shift-tab for a steam browser and if i dont know what it is i look it up. doing that leads to some pretty sweet builds. also do yourself a favor and use Cain to increase chance of good item drops. Also, if you beat first 2 boses and you dont have decent powerups, might as well start over....

8. Re: Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million Apr 21, 2013, 19:35 Rea1One

I got this game with one of the humble bundles and it's not bad for a zelda style game, Looking forward to playing Delver's Drop which looks tonnes better.  

7. Re: Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million Apr 21, 2013, 18:11 Asmo

The best bit about games like this is that they're often less than the cost of lunch, a pack of cigarettes or in some places, a cup of damn coffee. And yet you can hundreds of hours of fun out of em.

I certainly pissed away more money at arcades as a kid then the cost of some of these indie titles. And this one just happens to be great to boot.

6. Re: Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million Apr 21, 2013, 17:55 Cyanotetyphas

Yeah this game is awesome. So much content its unbelievable.

I got all the way to the chest once with IPECAC and then got the Mirror which made the game unbeatable because all of my bomb shots would float around me instead of going anywhere. RNGGG!!!!!

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

5. Re: Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million Apr 21, 2013, 17:45 xXBatmanXx

What colcut said. Non stop Zelda dungeon runnin. Love it.  

4. Re: Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million Apr 21, 2013, 15:35 coldcut

I just hit 300 hours today. I got my platinum god since something before 200 hours, I don't remember exactly. But even now, the game is still extremely fun, because no two games will be the same.

I had an amazing run just right now, I was on the brink of death early on in the game, died and respawned as blue baby (Ankh), was down to 1/2 blue heart, but found the Mitre and later the Relic. I managed to snag some powerful items (last D6 roll gave me Quad Shot, and in the Chest I found Polyphemous...), so in the end I beat the game quite easily.

I already own several digital copies (Steam, Indie Bundle) and I just ordered the physical box edition, the Unholy Edition. This game is just that good, and Ed McMillen is an awesome guy, he has my full respect. Can't wait for the Rebirth edition !!

3. Re: Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million Apr 21, 2013, 15:25 Rattlehead

I have over 100+ hours in BoI + WoTL. It's awesome. I seriously love the combination of items and the weird things that can happen as a result.

I cannot wait for rebirth.

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo