Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Metaverse

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 21, 2013, 17:13 TurdFergasun

killer_roach wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 22:06:
TurdFergasun wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 21:24:
doesn't help when governments vilify science, continually slash education budgets, and lower the standards along with them.

Except they aren't slashing education budgets. They're still expanding at rates well in excess of inflation. The only "cuts" have been in the rate of growth.

That being said, the amount of that money that actually goes to teaching isn't expanding much - most of that added money goes to facilities and administration.

i guess thats why your schools are such a pinnacle of education and that you score so well against other developed nations that spend much more. If you guys spent 10% of what you spend on the military actually helping people in your country not only would america benefit so would the rest of the countries that are forced to deal with you.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 21, 2013, 14:25 Dr. D. Schreber

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 21, 2013, 12:18:
Cutter wrote on Apr 21, 2013, 11:49:
At least liberals spend the money for the benefit of the people. Whereas conservatives only reward the wealthy and big business and to hell with everyone else.

You are a good example of why things are the way they are. You chose a sports team and cheer your side, not realizing that they are basically the same as the other side.

At least liberals still have the decency to lie about it. Conservatives are so flagrant it's... I can't even think of a word severe enough.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

20. Re: More Big Picture Details Apr 21, 2013, 14:00 Sepharo

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 21, 2013, 12:26:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 20:22:
Suckage wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 20:06:
What pattern? Are you suggesting that this is all part of some far-reaching conspiracy?

I think he just meant the pattern of passing unpopular legislation while the nation is distracted. I don't know if that's necessarily on purpose or not but it does happen.

Are you kidding? They'll just now pass whatever right in front of us. They figured out a smokescreen isn't even needed any more.

Are you replying to the right person? I interpreted somebody else's comment and left it wide open anyway. What would I be kidding about in those two sentences?

19. Re: More Big Picture Details Apr 21, 2013, 12:26 HorrorScope

Sepharo wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 20:22:
What pattern? Are you suggesting that this is all part of some far-reaching conspiracy?

I think he just meant the pattern of passing unpopular legislation while the nation is distracted. I don't know if that's necessarily on purpose or not but it does happen.

Are you kidding? They'll just now pass whatever right in front of us. They figured out a smokescreen isn't even needed any more.

18. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 21, 2013, 12:18 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Apr 21, 2013, 11:49:
At least liberals spend the money for the benefit of the people. Whereas conservatives only reward the wealthy and big business and to hell with everyone else.

You are a good example of why things are the way they are. You chose a sports team and cheer your side, not realizing that they are basically the same as the other side.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

17. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 21, 2013, 11:49 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

16. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 21, 2013, 11:38 RollinThundr

killer_roach wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 22:06:
doesn't help when governments vilify science, continually slash education budgets, and lower the standards along with them.

Except they aren't slashing education budgets. They're still expanding at rates well in excess of inflation. The only "cuts" have been in the rate of growth.

That being said, the amount of that money that actually goes to teaching isn't expanding much - most of that added money goes to facilities and administration.

Trust me, schools = liberals = we love to spend. The town I work for the school system is constantly looking for more money than they have for the sake of spending it on shit they don't even need. And it happens everywhere I'm sure. Using Sped money and their IT budget like it's a personal slush fund for the district is generally frowned upon I would think.

15. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 21, 2013, 10:14 El Pit

Kosumo wrote on Apr 21, 2013, 06:16:
I wonder how many people you could educate for the cost of a single B2 Bomber?

Don't know either, but dropping them on the enemy might not have the same effect as the regular B2 payload. Although they would be quite smart bombs.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

14. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 21, 2013, 06:16 Kosumo

I wonder how many people you could educate for the cost of a single B2 Bomber?  

13. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 20, 2013, 22:06 killer_roach

12. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 20, 2013, 22:05 Ant

Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 17:10:
Is Blues going dark on the 22nd?
Maybe? I know I did it for AQFL. Maybe Blue can do Black's News with nothing but black blank web pages!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

11. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 20, 2013, 21:24 TurdFergasun

Cutter wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 21:07:
It's not a conspiracy. It all happens in the bright light of day. The sad reality is that most people don't know. And they don't know because they don't care to know. It isn't like this information is being withheld. The people, as they are, simply lack the will to do the right thing. Says everything you need to know about the human condition. It's only when things get entirely intolerable do they demand better. Sad, isn't it?

10. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 20, 2013, 21:10 Frags4Fun

Cutter wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 21:07:
It's not a conspiracy. It all happens in the bright light of day. The sad reality is that most people don't know. And they don't know because they don't care to know. It isn't like this information is being withheld. The people, as they are, simply lack the will to do the right thing. Says everything you need to know about the human condition. It's only when things get entirely intolerable do they demand better. Sad, isn't it?

I completely agree with you.

9. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 20, 2013, 21:09 Frags4Fun

double post  

8. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 20, 2013, 21:07 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 20, 2013, 21:03 Frags4Fun

I don't know if I would go that far without some hardcore evidence. What I do see is a pattern where bills and laws are being voted in when the population is focused on other things like holidays or mass killings or terror attacks. That seems shady to me.

I'm bothered by the fact that most politicians are computer and internet illiterate and are voting in things they don't understand. They are herded like sheep into voting based on their emotions and scare tactics rather than knowledge.

EDIT: I just read the other comments and they summed up my thoughts nicely. The wiki-leaks hackers made me laugh when I read it a few days ago.

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 2013, 21:12.

6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 20, 2013, 20:39 LittleMe

Yeah I know. That would be absurd... for those who aren't skeptical.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 20, 2013, 20:22 Sepharo

4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 20, 2013, 20:06 Suckage

3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 20, 2013, 19:53 Frags4Fun

LittleMe wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 18:58:
CISPA passed conveniently with constant media attention on Boston.

It's amazing that the American people have not noticed this same pattern repeating over and over again.

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo