Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within

The Bethesda Blog announces The Evil Within is the game they've been teasing all week, making winners of all those who speculated that this was about a new survival/horror franchise from Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami and Tango Gameworks, the developer Bethesda purchased in 2010. There's an The Evil Within Debut Trailer on IGN, a live-action clip showing we are dealing with an entity so evil it hand-crafts its own barbed wire, and word is IGN will have further details on this on Monday. No gameplay is shown (unless this is an FMV game), and no system logos are included. The game has a Facebook page, a Twitter feed, an Instagram account, and a blog on tumblr, the last of which reveals this is coming to PC as well as consoles next year:

Shinji Mikami, the father of survival horror, is back to direct The Evil Within a game embodying the meaning of pure survival horror. Highly-crafted environments, horrifying anxiety, and an intricate story weave together to create an immersive world that will bring players to the height of tension. The Evil Within is in development for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation3 computer entertainment system, PC and next generation consoles and is slated for release in 2014.

View
55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

15. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 11:03 netnerd85

Linksil wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 10:51:
I'm sorry, but cut out this live action crap for announcing games. Unless it's like 7th guest(was that the game) where it's all filmed and interactive... there's no place for this in gaming.
Agreed, why waste the money?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 10:54 Caladell

Linksil wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 10:51:
I'm sorry, but cut out this live action crap for announcing games. Unless it's like 7th guest(was that the game) where it's all filmed and interactive... there's no place for this in gaming.

Agreed. Unless it's the awesomely campy one that they did for Blood Dragon.

13. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 10:51 Linksil

Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.

12. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 10:39 Squirmer

ldonyo wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 10:19:
I would say survival horror got its start with the original Alone In The Dark game in 1992, not Resident Evil. I still have my copy of this game, although I bought the GOG.com version to play on Win 7. There is a wikipedia entry for this game at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alone_in_the_Dark_(video_game)

Wikipedia says Resident Evil coined the term, so I guess they're entitled to the claim. But yeah, the genre has origins earlier than that.

11. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 10:34 netnerd85

Yeah good luck with that you sick fucks. Jeepers.

Not for me

10. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 10:19 ldonyo

I would say survival horror got its start with the original Alone In The Dark game in 1992, not Resident Evil. I still have my copy of this game, although I bought the GOG.com version to play on Win 7. There is a wikipedia entry for this game at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alone_in_the_Dark_(video_game)

9. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 10:14 ItBurn

I don't know about you guys, but I'm a gaming racist. It's extremely rare that japanese developers make games that I want to play or that I find fun. It's a mix of boring gameplay, generic concepts/way too over the top concepts, stupid story and bad characters. Am I alone in this?  

8. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 10:10 wtf_man

I could do a Penumbra / Undying Hybrid. That would be cool.

As long as it isn't one of these ridiculous waves of zombies coming at you. I haven't played a single one of those. I just don't have the interest.

7. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 10:10 Capitan

gilly775 wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 09:48:
So disappointed. Really wanted to see a new Fallout.

Fallout 4 have scheduled release date Q4 this year. It's not too big guess that unless Fallout 4 arrives early in October it will be for Christmas

6. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 10:03 siapnar

ItBurn wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 09:53:
I do love horror games, but it's pretty rare that when you add "action" it turns out well. With what I've been shown, I see no reason to get excited... I know it's Bethesda, but it's not them making it...
I agree that having this more action oriented would be a misstep, but is there much info on the game design yet?

The trailer was actually kind of unnerving, until the end where it was a little poorly shot and edited.

I have projectile dysfunction.

5. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 10:02 Lorcin

The Daily Mail is going to have a field day.  

4. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 09:53 ItBurn

I do love horror games, but it's pretty rare that when you add "action" it turns out well. With what I've been shown, I see no reason to get excited... I know it's Bethesda, but it's not them making it...  

3. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 09:48 gilly775

So disappointed. Really wanted to see a new Fallout.  

2. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 09:26 Darks

Your up early Verno, you east or west cost?  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

1. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 09:20 Verno

Cool, I love crazy Japanese survival horror shit so I'm down. It's a new survival IP, about time!  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo