Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within

The Bethesda Blog announces The Evil Within is the game they've been teasing all week, making winners of all those who speculated that this was about a new survival/horror franchise from Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami and Tango Gameworks, the developer Bethesda purchased in 2010. There's an The Evil Within Debut Trailer on IGN, a live-action clip showing we are dealing with an entity so evil it hand-crafts its own barbed wire, and word is IGN will have further details on this on Monday. No gameplay is shown (unless this is an FMV game), and no system logos are included. The game has a Facebook page, a Twitter feed, an Instagram account, and a blog on tumblr, the last of which reveals this is coming to PC as well as consoles next year:

Shinji Mikami, the father of survival horror, is back to direct The Evil Within – a game embodying the meaning of pure survival horror. Highly-crafted environments, horrifying anxiety, and an intricate story weave together to create an immersive world that will bring players to the height of tension. The Evil Within is in development for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation3 computer entertainment system, PC and next generation consoles and is slated for release in 2014.

View
55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

35. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 14:53 JediPunisher

Dang... I was really hoping for Fallout 4: Pirates of the Shivering Isles.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 14:47 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 14:26:
Lame. Playing off the goodwill created by other Bethesda titles to announce something unrelated. They got their publicity, but they pissed off a lot of people too.

I didn't really follow this stuff much, what did they do?

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

33. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 14:38 jdreyer

siapnar wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 11:39:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 10:14:
Am I alone in this?
Nope. I've never played more than 10 minutes of a game developed in Japan. Never liked the play style, stories, or characters.

The last Japanese game I played extensively was FF VII 15 years ago. I just don't have the time for something like that anymore.

I think Lumines was made by a Japanese developer, although not a typical "Japanese" game. I played a few hours of that, and it was fun.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

32. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 14:26 jdreyer

Lame. Playing off the goodwill created by other Bethesda titles to announce something unrelated. They got their publicity, but they pissed off a lot of people too.  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

31. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 13:04 Creston

Kastagir wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 12:53:
Creston wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 12:18:
I was hoping for Fallout 4, so this is a sad day.

Creston

BGS isn't the studio working on this, so your hopes may yet be realized. Let's remember that a lot of stuff gets announced on Bethblog that isn't the product of the studios that have brought us TES and Fallout. There are now a lot of studios under the Zenimax umbrella and they all get press on Bethblog.

Yeah, I know they're working on Fallout 4, and they'll announce it at some point. I was just hoping it was today, because that'd mean it'd be out in about a year.

Creston

30. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 13:03 Fletch

Probably third-person, probably consolized as all hell and full of QTEs. We'll see, but I ain't getting my hopes up for a good PC game. I never do nowadays. Teasers don't do shit for me. I want to see gameplay and the UI.  

29. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 12:57 ItBurn

Undying was amazing, no doubt! Clive Barker went on to make Jericho, which bombed. I played it and I thought that the setting and atmosphere were pretty well done. It was kinda linear and lacked diversity though. I did enjoy it. I wish He'd try again with a new game...  

28. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 12:54 Gadzooks

I think this is the first Bethesda game in years that I could really care less about. Nice production quality on the trailer though, but im just not at all interested in this game.  

27. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 12:53 Kastagir

Creston wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 12:18:

Creston

BGS isn't the studio working on this, so your hopes may yet be realized. Let's remember that a lot of stuff gets announced on Bethblog that isn't the product of the studios that have brought us TES and Fallout. There are now a lot of studios under the Zenimax umbrella and they all get press on Bethblog.

26. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 12:43 Xero

I'm lost here. Didn't know Bethesda was into the whole horror scene nor that they were in cahoots with Shinji Mikami...

Is this a new partnership or did I miss something big?

Currently playing: Skyrim

25. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 12:42 Verno

Undying was awesome, great mix of tension and jump scares. The story was convoluted but the characters were really interesting and they did an awesome job on the level design. I wish we could play a modern remake of that.  

24. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 12:30 El Pit

CrashTestDummy wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 12:29:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 09:53:
I do love horror games, but it's pretty rare that when you add "action" it turns out well. With what I've been shown, I see no reason to get excited... I know it's Bethesda, but it's not them making it...

Both Condemned : Criminal Origins, and the original F.E.A.R (not talking about any of the sequels here), did quiet an excellent job of mixing action and horror. The abandoned mannequin shop level in Condemned is probably still one of the most scariest levels I have played.

Yes. And Undying was great, too!

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

23. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 12:29 CrashTestDummy

ItBurn wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 09:53:
I do love horror games, but it's pretty rare that when you add "action" it turns out well. With what I've been shown, I see no reason to get excited... I know it's Bethesda, but it's not them making it...

Both Condemned : Criminal Origins, and the original F.E.A.R (not talking about any of the sequels here), did quiet an excellent job of mixing action and horror. The abandoned mannequin shop level in Condemned is probably still one of the most scariest levels I have played.

22. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 12:18 Creston

Creston

21. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 12:14 Bludd

So this was the "definitely Wolfenstein" game? Talk about stupid speculation.  

20. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 11:53 Verno

Nope. I've never played more than 10 minutes of a game developed in Japan. Never liked the play style, stories, or characters.

Japanese devs don't all design with a similar mindset and approach any more than Western devs do. There many western influenced Japanese dev houses these days too. If you really can't find a Japanese designed game to enjoy in the history of the gaming industry then I don't even know what to say, that's absurd.

I don't even want to think that there is someone out there who didn't enjoy Super Mario World

19. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 11:53 ItBurn

siapnar wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 11:39:
Am I alone in this?

Well there are some games that I do like, mostly 2D ones, but overall, when I see Japanese, my excitement goes way down.

18. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 11:39 siapnar

Am I alone in this?

I have projectile dysfunction.

17. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 11:18 Cutter

Capitan wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 10:10:
gilly775 wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 09:48:
So disappointed. Really wanted to see a new Fallout.

Fallout 4 have scheduled release date Q4 this year. It's not too big guess that unless Fallout 4 arrives early in October it will be for Christmas

Proof?

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

16. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 11:10 Techie714 ©

Too scary for me I'm out...lol  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer