Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I'm a little sore, as I am in the midst of an ongoing project of pulling giant tendrils of vine from the foliage in our back yard (I've been trying to come up with a name for it, I think I've settled on Cthulhu). We've been fighting what we've been calling a porcelain vine (not sure if that's accurate) since we've been here, but never with enough vigor to get to the bottom of things, ultimately leaving us with more vine than we started with as we swam against the tide. Recently I've been doing my best to get to the root of the problem, which is a nightmare, as it has major root structures in several different spots which require a lot of digging. I can't even guess how long the vines I've pulled would measure if they were laid end-to-end, but it would surely be startling.

Cthulhu Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Wonder Rocket.
Links: The 50 Harshest Roger Ebert Movie Review Quotes.
Stories: New Rumors Are Swirlin' Around The Office: Do You Truly Believe Steve Carell *Won't* Be Back?
'Iron Man 3' to Become First Film to Play in 4DX Format in Japan. Thanks HARDOCP.
Oklahoma teen missing in remote Ore. terrain. Inspired by the guy who died doing this.
Media: Super Mario Busters 2.
Street Fighter 2 - Guile's Theme (A Capella).
Tracy McGrady 13 Points in 33 Seconds. Old but still amazing. Thanks reddit.
The Funnies: Whomp! - Dark Matters. Thanks JDreyer.
Follow-up: New ‘Star Wars’ Films Will Open Every Summer Starting in 2015. Thanks nin via Kotaku.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2013, 09:50 Ant

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 09:08:
Ahh, the joys of home ownership. I need to get out in the yard too, but it's either been too cold or raining. High of 74 today, but it is currently raining. High tomorrow is supposed to be 47 (no, that isn't a typo). The lawn will soon be in the "really needs to be cut" stage...
Blue owns a house now?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 23:26 Teddy

Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but I just noticed "Monaco: What's Yours is Mine" showed up on steam's front page with an unlock date of April 24th...

The preorder stuff has been up on their website for ages but I hadn't seen an actual date posted before now.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/113020/

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 18:17 nin

I managed a gaming store here in Christchurch called the "Gamesman!".

Is that where Hoop lives also?

So.....I am not really into Bioshock Infinite....Just got the airship after riding the Gondoloa.....I dunno.....not really my thing.

Stick around for the ending...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 17:51 xXBatmanXx

So.....I am not really into Bioshock Infinite....Just got the airship after riding the Gondoloa.....I dunno.....not really my thing.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 17:51 coldbricksNZ

I've been lurking here since 2002. Little glimpses into Blue's life have been the most memorable part for me. Moving houses, Gunnarman, snow storms, power cuts, server upgrades...all good. A long time ago...I was put on to this site by an employee of mine.

I managed a gaming store here in Christchurch called the "Gamesman!". Back when we were all still on 56k dial-up the store ran an 0900 number for cheats, hints, walkthroughs etc for all the console gamers that didn't really have easy access to the web.

Campbell (I've just remembered his name) was the main guy that sat out the back of the shop and took calls. The store was lucky enough to have a dsl line in and when calls would come in Campbell would jump into this massive, and I mean massive word document, hit crtl f and go to whatever game the caller was asking for. (All the cheats were cut and pasted out of gamefaqs into word so we had offline access!)

Sometimes if you happened to walk past him you would nave been forgiven for thinking he was some sort of spy as he would be saying x, o, triangle, triangle, up, up, up, down, down, x, o etc etc.

Bluesnews was the site that he put us all on to, it then became the goto site for the shop and I've come here everyday (if I've had net access) since.

So, thanks to all those regular posters that have entertained me over the years. The lurkers amongst you salute you!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 17:30 NegaDeath

Prez wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 17:08:
"Oklahoma teen missing in Oregon terrain"

Yep, Darwinism still works to rid society of stupid people. Too bad it doesn't work far more often.

I wish the family luck but you are correct, sometimes the gene pool needs cleaning.

"He thought he was going to eat berries," she said. "We tried to tell him, berries don't grow in wintertime."

Hahaha_no

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 17:08 Prez

"Oklahoma teen missing in Oregon terrain"

Yep, Darwinism still works to rid society of stupid people. Too bad it doesn't work far more often.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 16:48 Cutter

Lord knows how many I'd have. I used to change my nick every year or two so I've gone through several incarnations on this board, but it's pretty much been from day one as well.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 15:53 Efflixi

nin wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 15:44:
nin has 29992 posts... baller! just 8 posts away from 30000, man!

We'll see if the board crashes.

I've been coming to Blues News since before it was called that! It used to be Blues Quake Rag if i'm not mistaken. Not sure why it took me a year to register on the site. I tend to lurk mostly, only a few hundred posts in 13 years.

Edit: Ha! I found a TRUE lurker... http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=userinfo&user=22

The 22nd person to register on the site and less than 100 posts in 14 years.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 15:45 McSterls

Cutter wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 13:02:
The only way I'd ever see one of those 4DX films is if the film contained a massive amount of flatuence and fecal matter throughout the film. Yeah, sort of like Shit Wars.

I don't think we need a 3rd dimension in film, let alone this crappy 4th dimension that's described in exciting details like "bubbles dropping from the ceiling". I don't want anything dropping from the ceiling on me when I'm at the movies. I also don't want people to bring cellphones or crying babies.....come to think of it, maybe I'll just skip the movie and get the DVD and enjoy the movie in peace.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 15:44 nin

We'll see if the board crashes.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 15:29 Fantaz

Asmodai wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 09:56:
New ‘Star Wars’ Films Will Open Every Summer Starting in 2015

Well there's a ringing fucking endorsement if ever I read one...

Best... fucking... news... evar?

nin wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 09:11:
New Rumors Are Swirlin' Around The Office: Do You Truly Believe Steve Carell *Won't* Be Back?

Let it die. Should have ended with Michael in the airport.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 14:50 Mr. Tact

In other news, AAPL under $400 a share today... how low can it go?  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 13:03 xXBatmanXx

Probably an invasive species known as Buck Thorn. So yea...good luck.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 13:02 Cutter

The only way I'd ever see one of those 4DX films is if the film contained a massive amount of flatuence and fecal matter throughout the film. Yeah, sort of like Shit Wars.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

7. 4D is terrible... Apr 18, 2013, 12:43 JohnBirshire

Universal Studios has been doing it for awhile, most people hate it. The worst part is when they spray water in your eyes anytime water appears onscreen, its rather disgusting. Hopefully that movie gimmick stays in Japan.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 11:59 Killer Kane

Mmmmm, "Fresh Tendrils"  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 11:38 wasteoid

Cutter wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 10:18:
'The review for Star Wars was merely a two word review which simply read....'

Sh!t Wars?

Where'd they print that?! They can't print that!!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 10:18 Cutter

'The review for Star Wars was merely a two word review which simply read....'

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 09:56 Asmodai

New ‘Star Wars’ Films Will Open Every Summer Starting in 2015

Well there's a ringing fucking endorsement if ever I read one...

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo