Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

"Most Challenging Game Ever" Kickstarter

Flowstorm brags on being "the most challenging game ever," and word is the average life expectancy is four seconds in this aerial racing and combat game, which is said to be inspired by TrackMania and Super Meat Boy. They recently have added a rookie rocket to allow beginners to expire with less frequency, and they are hoping to Kickstart the game for $50K, a goal which is a long way off at this point.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Apr 17, 2013, 23:05 siapnar

Zyrxil wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 13:41:
Hi, welcome to 2010, deger. You want something using Flash? The video is on the Kickstarter page. You want to try out the game? Indies use Unity.
+1

I have projectile dysfunction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Dwarf Fortress? Apr 17, 2013, 20:03 Krael

More challenging than Dwarf Fortress? I think not!  

13. Re: Apr 17, 2013, 16:54 The Magician

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 10:07:
4s of gameplay, ya that sounds like great fun.

It should be like reliving "Tron: Legacy" or whatever the fark the name of that last crap Tron game was. Which would've been a really fun game had it not had you dying every 3 seconds.

12. Re: Apr 17, 2013, 14:27 yuastnav

The faster flash leaves the internet the better.
Java can go the same way.

11. Re: Apr 17, 2013, 13:41 Zyrxil

Hi, welcome to 2010, deger. You want something using Flash? The video is on the Kickstarter page. You want to try out the game? Indies use Unity.  

10. Re: Apr 17, 2013, 13:31 KS

Hardest? Try Kingpin on Real Mode, or Icewind Dale II on Heart of Fury with two level 1 characters, no imported stuff.  

9. Re: Apr 17, 2013, 12:15 deqer

"unity web player. install now!"

why the **** should I? No, thanks.

Next time, think of "usability" when promoting your game and just use what everyone already has, Flash player.

8. Re: Exactly right for kickstarter Apr 17, 2013, 11:54 Mr. Tact

ElectricTurtle wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 11:19:
I think you guys are missing the point.
I think they are misrepresenting the difficulty of the game, based on their own video of the game play.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

7. Re: Apr 17, 2013, 11:50 Cutter

Well, I have friends who are into S&M and that all manner of sexual deviancy so I guess games shouldn't be any different. Oh well, if it floats your boat power to you. Me, I'll pass.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Exactly right for kickstarter Apr 17, 2013, 11:19 ElectricTurtle

I think you guys are missing the point. There is a market for this kind of hyper playstyle thing, e.g. Super Meat Boy and seminal things like N+. It's a small, niche market, which makes it perfect for Kickstarter.

There's no way that a sane person would put a lot of money into a project like this and hope the 'mass market' likes it, because it won't, and that will fail as an investment. Taking money directly from people like this style is the best way of doing things, and maybe it will be a niche indie hit within its own small genre.

5. Re: Apr 17, 2013, 11:09 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 11:03:
Yes, because I'd rather have frustrating stupidity than fun gameplay any day of the week. Brilliant marketing job there fellas.

Rolleyes
I guess they did not want the game to have mass market appeal.

4. Re: Apr 17, 2013, 11:03 Cutter

Yes, because I'd rather have frustrating stupidity than fun gameplay any day of the week. Brilliant marketing job there fellas.

Rolleyes

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: Apr 17, 2013, 10:47 Beamer

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 10:07:
I definitely had lives shorter than that in Hotline Miami.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Apr 17, 2013, 10:20 Mr. Tact

The description doesn't seem to match the video, looks like after you initially get used to the controls you'll be lasting a lot longer than four seconds each time. The game play shown has promise, might be worth getting when they finish.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

1. Re: Apr 17, 2013, 10:07 dj LiTh

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo