Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

It's very sad about the bombings in Boston yesterday, as it is any such attacks, and our sympathies are with all those effected by this. The world we live in is a violent and complicated place, and unfortunately the innocent are so often the victims. This is another of those times when words don't seem to suffice.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Liquid Measure 3: Poison Pack.
Links: Boston. F*cking Horrible. By Patton Oswald
Do Not Touch. Thanks nin via Kotaku (NSFW).
The Secret Origins of 11 Famous Video Games.
Stories: 12 Million Americans Believe Lizard People Run Our Country. Thanks Boing Boing.
'Super-Criminal' Escapes From Prison Using Explosives Hidden Inside Tissue Package.
LAX unveils new program using dogs to relieve airport stress.
Science: Modified DVD drive analyzes blood and performs quick HIV tests for $200.
FDA secretly retests 100 different drugs after testing company admits its work was all fraudulent.
Media: SimCity - Mayor Meltdown.
Tarantino Dancing The Pulp Fiction Twist.
Horse Mounting Fail.
Follow-up: Pentagon scraps medal for drone pilots after uproar.

View
70 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

70. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 17:53 RollinThundr

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 17:33:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 17:12:
while republicans are more concerned with turning the economy around over social issues.
Tell that to all the states with R legislatures passing new abortion laws.
For the record I'm for gay marriage, If two people love each other regardless of gender what's the issue there? It doesn't personally bother or offend me, and really the only people on the right that it does offend are generally bible thumpers anyway and they certainly don't speak for every republican or conservative.
No, but they speak loudly enough to put fear into most of the Rs. Personally, I more annoyed at the tax advantage to have dependents. Why should the guy sitting next to me doing the same job for the same pay, be charged fewer taxes because he decided to propagate?
I'm right with you on SS btw, it'll be long gone by the time I'm 67 and I doubt I'll ever see one red cent of what I've paid into it over the years.
Yeah, my only hope is the economy doesn't collaspe within the next 10-15 years or so. Need my 401k and IRAs to grow enough to allow me to retire...

I wish I could, I'm also a pro choice republican, go figure they do exist. They all, both dems and repubs, should be focused on one thing right now. Stop spending us into oblivion for the sake of it. That being said I do honestly believe there are more republicans worried about the deficit than democrats.

I'm right with you, sadly though I'd honestly be surprised if we even have a decade left before the whole thing collapses outright. What we're doing isn't sustainable and hasn't been for a long time now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

69. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 17:33 Mr. Tact

RollinThundr wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 17:12:
while republicans are more concerned with turning the economy around over social issues.
Tell that to all the states with R legislatures passing new abortion laws.
For the record I'm for gay marriage, If two people love each other regardless of gender what's the issue there? It doesn't personally bother or offend me, and really the only people on the right that it does offend are generally bible thumpers anyway and they certainly don't speak for every republican or conservative.
No, but they speak loudly enough to put fear into most of the Rs. Personally, I more annoyed at the tax advantage to have dependents. Why should the guy sitting next to me doing the same job for the same pay, be charged fewer taxes because he decided to propagate?
I'm right with you on SS btw, it'll be long gone by the time I'm 67 and I doubt I'll ever see one red cent of what I've paid into it over the years.
Yeah, my only hope is the economy doesn't collaspe within the next 10-15 years or so. Need my 401k and IRAs to grow enough to allow me to retire...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

68. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 17:12 RollinThundr

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 16:45:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 16:23:
So how does one answer to people who consistently either topic twist, or twists one's words?
I do however truly believe that continuing to go the route we are regardless of who's the current president, is going to be a disastrous financial nightmare.
Surely you don't believe that only people on the left play word games?

I agree with that -- we've been on the road to fiscal problems for decades. The retirement of baby boomers isn't exactly a surprise. My friends and I have been trying to guess the date for SS to go under as a passtime for around 15 years or so.

Frankly, I don't think either the Rs or the Ds have said anything remotely close to common sense. The sequester nonsense pretty much proved they are all a joke. The sequester was a reduction to the increase of spending. Spending was still going up, but not as fast as had been previously planned. Both sides were calling it the end of the world as we know it. The Right saying it would be the end of the military, the Left saying it would mean the death of the poor. Funny, no one was saying that last year when we were spending less money.

No I don't nor did I imply it's only one side who does it, but in my experiences here trying to actually have a discussion with beamer for example, he's shown to me that he's not interested in discussion, just blaming the GOP or Republicans for all the world's woe's while excusing the left. When reality tells us there's little difference between dems and republicans at this point aside from what is higher on one's list of important things. Liberals tend to lean towards social issues as being the most important things ever, while republicans are more concerned with turning the economy around over social issues.

Not to say social issues aren't important, please don't think that's the message I'm trying to put across, I do however believe that making the tough choices to right the ship before we again lose credit rating or default on the billions we owe, rank a little higher on the scale than Bill and Ted being able to legally marry or knee jerk gun registration bills that would do zero to prevent other mass killings to begin with, just make it harder to legally observe one's 2nd amendment rights.

67. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 16:45 Mr. Tact

RollinThundr wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 16:23:
So how does one answer to people who consistently either topic twist, or twists one's words?
I do however truly believe that continuing to go the route we are regardless of who's the current president, is going to be a disastrous financial nightmare.
Surely you don't believe that only people on the left play word games?

I agree with that -- we've been on the road to fiscal problems for decades. The retirement of baby boomers isn't exactly a surprise. My friends and I have been trying to guess the date for SS to go under as a passtime for around 15 years or so.

Frankly, I don't think either the Rs or the Ds have said anything remotely close to common sense. The sequester nonsense pretty much proved they are all a joke. The sequester was a reduction to the increase of spending. Spending was still going up, but not as fast as had been previously planned. Both sides were calling it the end of the world as we know it. The Right saying it would be the end of the military, the Left saying it would mean the death of the poor. Funny, no one was saying that last year when we were spending less money.

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 2013, 16:51.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

66. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 16:23 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 16:04:
Redmask wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 15:24:
So it's fine for beamer to play the race card everytime he comes across something he doesn't feel like debating, but calling the liberal democrats how I perceive them, and really anyone with half a brain knows it's all about the feels with democrats, is trolling. Ok sure thing cupcake. Act better? What is this finishing school? Sorry cupcake, like I said, I'm not going to play the PC route, nor do I wish to. Please however be offended all you like by a few words on a screen.

I don't know what you're referring to there but given what you posted earlier, I have no problem suspecting you did post something racist on purpose as you admitted to trolling on purpose already. A good example of why doing something like that isn't good, it's now eroded your credibility with a complete stranger. If words on a screen didn't mean anything then you wouldn't be so upset about 'Beamer'. The 'PC' stuff is you dodging responsibility for your actions and words, as if mindlessly insulting people somehow makes you brave or original.

Yes, act better 'cupcake'. Maybe you should attend a finishing school, they might help you with your alarming inability to interact in civil discussions. I don't see any value in further interactions with you so you can post your parting shot by inaccurately calling me a liberal pc whatever now

No I have never, nor will I post racist things to get a rise, it's one thing to call Obama the Obmessiah or whatever but there's a line there.

And to clarify he doesn't upset me, it's actually more eye roll inducing than anything else, since he's like the walking MSNBC liberal playbook to begin with. So how does one answer to people who consistently either topic twist, or twists one's words? With love and friendship? C'mon brother.

Honestly I have no idea what your political leanings are nor do I really care to be honest. I do however truly believe that continuing to go the route we are regardless of who's the current president, is going to be a disastrous financial nightmare.

65. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 16:04 Redmask

So it's fine for beamer to play the race card everytime he comes across something he doesn't feel like debating, but calling the liberal democrats how I perceive them, and really anyone with half a brain knows it's all about the feels with democrats, is trolling. Ok sure thing cupcake. Act better? What is this finishing school? Sorry cupcake, like I said, I'm not going to play the PC route, nor do I wish to. Please however be offended all you like by a few words on a screen.

I don't know what you're referring to there but given what you posted earlier, I have no problem suspecting you did post something racist on purpose as you admitted to trolling on purpose already. A good example of why doing something like that isn't good, it's now eroded your credibility with a complete stranger. If words on a screen didn't mean anything then you wouldn't be so upset about 'Beamer'. The 'PC' stuff is you dodging responsibility for your actions and words, as if mindlessly insulting people somehow makes you brave or original.

Yes, act better 'cupcake'. Maybe you should attend a finishing school, they might help you with your alarming inability to interact in civil discussions. I don't see any value in further interactions with you so you can post your parting shot by inaccurately calling me a liberal pc whatever now

64. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 15:40 RollinThundr

RollinThundr wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 15:09:
No it's really not a strawman. Liberals care far more about gays being able to marry then they do fixing the economy, everything is based off of feelings with liberals, that's the whole liberal ideology in a nutshell. It's the old saying putting the cart before the horse in real life form.

No, it was a strawman and this is exactly the sort of ignorant flame bait I'm referring to, you have no concept of how to conduct yourself rationally as an adult and resort to childish behavior when challenged. I'm not a liberal, you can keep repeating this stuff as much as you like but it doesn't faze me, just tells me you are not a person with a credible opinion to offer.

When you act better, people will treat you better.

Like I said, when the shit hits the fan, and it will sooner than I think a lot of people realize. You'd understand why I say the things I do. We're heading for a financial crash that will make the Great Depression look like child's play.

63. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 15:24 Redmask

RollinThundr wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 15:09:
No it's really not a strawman. Liberals care far more about gays being able to marry then they do fixing the economy, everything is based off of feelings with liberals, that's the whole liberal ideology in a nutshell. It's the old saying putting the cart before the horse in real life form.

No, it was a strawman and this is exactly the sort of ignorant flame bait I'm referring to, you have no concept of how to conduct yourself rationally as an adult and resort to childish behavior when challenged. You admitted to trolling on purpose. I'm not a liberal, you can keep repeating this stuff as much as you like but it doesn't faze me, just tells me you are not a person with a credible opinion to offer. You are the one responsible, it is ironic that you scapegoat everyone else and refuse to accept responsibility for your actions when that is one of your big complaints about our political leaders.

When you act better, people will treat you better.

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 2013, 15:31.

62. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 15:09 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 14:59:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 14:51:
Tossing a word or phrase in to get someone a little riled doesn't eliminate the entire message one is trying to put across. I understand that in today's world of people being over sensitive to just about everything, it might feel that way to you.

You can keep trying to walk that back (how PC of you to attempt to spin it) but everyone saw it already, no one is being over sensitive, you admitted to trolling on purpose.

I'm not going to walk on eggshells and hop on the bandwagon when people troll publishers for example, I'm also not going to be afraid to say what I think about things or people just because someone might get butthurt over it. This whole ideology of deciding everything on MUH FEELINGS is so god damn ridiculous to begin with yet that's what democrats do.

This is a strawman, the issue with your posts isn't your opinions or some paranoia infused, perceived PC culture that is somehow attacking you personally. If you had actual opinions to offer without the accompanying antagonism and were willing to discuss things in depth instead of robotic repetition of tv talking points then you would be more well received regardless of where you land politically. It's not 'PC' to conduct yourself like an adult, that's just common sense.

When you act better, people will treat you better. It's not a message problem, it's the messenger.

61. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 14:59 Redmask

RollinThundr wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 14:51:
Tossing a word or phrase in to get someone a little riled doesn't eliminate the entire message one is trying to put across. I understand that in today's world of people being over sensitive to just about everything, it might feel that way to you.

You can keep trying to walk that back (how PC of you to attempt to spin it) but everyone saw it already, no one is being over sensitive, you admitted to trolling on purpose.

I'm not going to walk on eggshells and hop on the bandwagon when people troll publishers for example, I'm also not going to be afraid to say what I think about things or people just because someone might get butthurt over it. This whole ideology of deciding everything on MUH FEELINGS is so god damn ridiculous to begin with yet that's what democrats do.

This is a strawman, the issue with your posts isn't your opinions or some paranoia infused, perceived PC culture that is somehow attacking you personally. If you had actual opinions to offer without the accompanying antagonism and were willing to discuss things in depth instead of robotic repetition of tv talking points then you would be more well received regardless of where you land politically. It's not 'PC' to conduct yourself like an adult, that's just common sense.

When you act better, people will treat you better. It's not a message problem, it's the messenger.

60. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 14:51 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 14:14:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 13:47:
Translation: I don't agree with your views so I'll label everything you say trolling. Sure you aren't a lefty red? heh

You already openly admitted to trolling on purpose. No one is accusing you of anything you haven't already said you do. The idea that only people on the left side of the political spectrum would find your trolling small minded and pointless shows how little you know about people and the subject material itself. Why would I or anyone else listen to someone who is purposely trying to incense the discussion with childish insults of public figures and beratement of entire political ideals? That's a kid watching wrestling, not an adult discussing politics.

When you act better, people will treat you better, until then you're getting exactly what you're giving which isn't much.

59. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 14:14 Redmask

RollinThundr wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 13:47:
Translation: I don't agree with your views so I'll label everything you say trolling. Sure you aren't a lefty red? heh

You already openly admitted to trolling on purpose. No one is accusing you of anything you haven't already said you do. The idea that only people on the left side of the political spectrum would find your trolling small minded and pointless shows how little you know about people and the subject material itself. Why would I or anyone else listen to someone who is purposely trying to incense the discussion with childish insults of public figures and beratement of entire political ideals? That's a kid watching wrestling, not an adult discussing politics.

When you act better, people will treat you better, until then you're getting exactly what you're giving which isn't much.

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 2013, 14:26.

58. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 13:47 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 12:59:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 12:07:
Oh get the fuck over yourself already.

I would need to be on myself to get over myself and I'm not sure you're someone who should be talking to others about self-important posturing. A bunch of vague talking points (way to fit North Korea in there, race to the bottom) you gleaned from the tv does not change the fact that you admitted to trolling on purpose. I can't say I blame other posters for personally attacking you either, maybe they're just tired of the trolling you admit to doing on purpose.

As for where our country stands and where we're headed, someone who trolls on purpose is about the last person I would ever seriously listen to about it, particularly when they try to encapsulate it in less than a paragraph.

57. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 13:24 Verno

Wasting your time Red

The SimCity mayor meltdown is pretty funny and manages to be more entertaining than the actual game Drummer

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

56. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 12:59 Redmask

RollinThundr wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 12:07:
Oh get the fuck over yourself already.

I would need to be on myself to get over myself and I'm not sure you're someone who should be talking to others about self-important posturing. A bunch of vague talking points (way to fit North Korea in there, race to the bottom) you gleaned from the tv does not change the fact that you admitted to trolling on purpose. I can't say I blame other posters for personally attacking you either, maybe they're just tired of the trolling you admit to doing on purpose.

As for where our country stands and where we're headed, someone who trolls on purpose is about the last person I would ever seriously listen to about it, particularly when they try to encapsulate it in less than a paragraph.

55. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 12:07 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 08:56:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 08:11:
Difference is I use actual links to back things up, it's not particularly for the sake of trolling. Meanwhile when you say something or prove something a liberal can't debate, out come the raciest remarks, or twisting of the subject. Please don't even start that shit, half the garbage you libs spew you don't back up either. Shit half of it makes no logical sense anyway.

No, you just admitted to trolling without evidence or provocation below. Right from the horses mouth. 'i just want our country to be good guys stop spending monies obamamessiah'. Indeed, clearly you have defeated the liberal hivemind with your cutting political insights. I'm not even a liberal and I find you simultaneously amusing and pitiable.

Oh get the fuck over yourself already. Talking about the party that still blames Bush for all the world's woes 6 years after he's been out of office and nothing has changed. Would that be trolling too? Since that's the majority of the left's argument still today. Blame Bush, Obama is awesome even though he's Bush the 3rd essentially.

I could go back and pull a handful of beamer quotes that are essentially as bad if not worse than mine, chalk full of accusations and personal attacks. That's ok though right? Because it's one of the morally superior pc douchebags doing it.

Bottom line if those on the left hate capitalism so much and embrace Marxism so damn much, I'm sure China or North Korea would be more than happy to take you fucksticks in.

When we're bankrupt in less than a decade I'll be nice, I won't even gloat because I'll be just as fucked over as you all are.

54. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 09:14 Redmask

nin wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 08:58:
The irony in his post is a fucking riot...it's like the left hand doesn't know there's a right, much less what it's doing.

TV robots, dime a dozen. Billboard factoid opinions and no foundational thinking, depth or ability to elaborate on issues. It's like trying to read the comments at msnbc or foxnews. Drop a turd and try to take off once people smell it

53. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 08:58 nin

Redmask wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 08:56:
Difference is I use actual links to back things up, it's not particularly for the sake of trolling. Meanwhile when you say something or prove something a liberal can't debate, out come the raciest remarks, or twisting of the subject. Please don't even start that shit, half the garbage you libs spew you don't back up either. Shit half of it makes no logical sense anyway.

No, you just admitted to trolling without evidence or provocation below. Right from the horses mouth. 'i just want our country to be good guys stop spending monies obamamessiah'. Indeed, clearly you have defeated the liberal hivemind with your cutting political insights. I'm not even a liberal and I find you simultaneously amusing and pitiable.

The irony in his post is a fucking riot...it's like the left hand doesn't know there's a right, much less what it's doing.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

52. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 08:56 Redmask

51. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 08:11 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 07:10:
Jeraxle wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 22:14:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 18:15:

What isn't these days? Plus it's so easy to get Beamer's bleeding heart all well, bleeding. Kinda hard to resist. But focusing on one word in say a 2 paragraph post, ignoring the rest of said post's content, then just labeling it trolling because it's something you don't agree with politically isn't exactly legit.

I was thinking the same thing. It's called Liberal S.I.N. Switch the subject, Ignore the facts, and Name call when logic fails.

But I digress.

Almost like what you just posted.

Intentionally posting flame bait material isn't having an edgy political opinion and posting such things without ever backing them up is what gets people called a troll because that is the definition of trolling.

70 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo