Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Worlds of Magic Trailer

The first gameplay teaser trailer from Worlds of Magic is now available to promote the Kickstarter for Wastelands Interactive's proposed fantasy-themed 4X strategy game as well as the Steam Greenlight campaign for the project. The work-in-progress clip is accompanied by an estimated release window, as they say that while it is still in the early stages of development, they expect to release the windows edition in January 2014.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Worlds of Magic Trailer Apr 16, 2013, 08:40 doomtrader

Indeed, George has joined the team to help make this game look like a successor to Master of Magic.

The video is made on the pre-alpha which is name like that by purpose, not only due to marketing issues.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Worlds of Magic Trailer Apr 15, 2013, 19:47 gilly775

This is promising:

George Edward Purdy, known for his work on both Master of Orion and Master of Magic has graciously accepted the position of Lead Artist for Worlds of Magic!

6. Re: Worlds of Magic Trailer Apr 15, 2013, 19:25 PHJF

Well, that was shit.

Cast spells!!11111

Steam + PSN: PHJF

5. Re: Worlds of Magic Trailer Apr 15, 2013, 17:58 gilly775

Cutter wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 14:12:
They could work on it for another dozen years and it still wouldn't be right.

Right to you or the masses? They can't cater to everyone but from what I've read in the RPS preview and from other places, it's going to be as good as we can get to MoM before a proper sequel is made.

4. Re: Worlds of Magic Trailer Apr 15, 2013, 14:21 jdreyer

Well, they're only asking $50K or something. You get what you pay for. If the gameplay is there, then the graphics are serviceable enough. I'm thankful they're not doing 8-bit. This is trending to make funding, but it's flattened out over the past few days. Hopefully they make it and deliver. They sound like big fans of MoM, so I'm hopeful this will be good and delivered.  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

3. Re: Worlds of Magic Trailer Apr 15, 2013, 14:12 Cutter

They could work on it for another dozen years and it still wouldn't be right.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

2. Re: Worlds of Magic Trailer Apr 15, 2013, 14:02 gilly775

Cutter wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 12:55:
Ugh, that looks awful. Oh well, guess we'll keep waiting for a proper remake.

Hence the "work in progress" part. The Devs have been chatty with people on there and I like their ideas. I actually funded because it did remind me of the old Master of Magic days and I think the Devs will keep to the spiritual successor of it.

1. Re: Worlds of Magic Trailer Apr 15, 2013, 12:55 Cutter

Ugh, that looks awful. Oh well, guess we'll keep waiting for a proper remake.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo