Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Free Hyperspace Pinball

Gamieon announces that Hyperspace Pinball for Windows and OS X is being offered as a free download on Desura between now and April 22nd. Here's word on how this combines an arcade shooter with a pinball machine:

Hyperspace Pinball combines the controls of pinball with the game play of an arcade shooter wrapped up in a universe of aliens, explosions and more! Travel through the solar system flipping shots while earning bonuses, power-ups, enhancements and achievements like a pinball wizard! Fight your way through bosses and special enemies like anti-balls, spinners and shooters on your way to planet Earth for the final showdown! If you're good enough, you can even compete for the top score against other players; even on other platforms! Do you have what it takes to save the galaxy? Find out with Hyperspace Pinball!

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Free Hyperspace Pinball Apr 12, 2013, 17:23 Marvin T. Martian

No loss- the game looks like a total POS--not worth downloading even if free and you don't nee the client.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Free Hyperspace Pinball Apr 12, 2013, 13:30 Crustacean Soup

You can download any Desura game without using the Desura client. There's a list of downloadable files on the game's page...

The threshold for getting onto Desura is lower than Steam's (um, if there even is one), so a lot of indies go there, even if they're trying to get through Greenlight.

3. Re: Free Hyperspace Pinball Apr 12, 2013, 08:57 nin

ViRGE wrote on Apr 12, 2013, 07:20:
This is the first I've heard of Desura. So it's yet another Steam clone? Pass.

I like free games (and pinball too!), but I'm not going to install yet another digital distribution client for it.

I've not used it, but I believe it's focus is no drm whatsoever. People speak well of it. But I totally understand not wanting another client, I'm in the same boat. But I believe this client's focus is download only...

From wiki:
Unlike many of its competitors, Desura does not impose digital rights management, and Desura employees have commented against its use in the past, recommending that content producers ship without DRM or at least use a CD Key system instead. However, Desura itself is DRM agnostic, and publishers and developers may sell games that require such technologies to be used. Desura will make sure users purchasing these titles are aware of the DRM it ships with and how it works.[2]

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Free Hyperspace Pinball Apr 12, 2013, 08:05 Tigger

I like free games (and pinball too!), but I'm not going to install yet another digital distribution client for it.

You did see the standalone download, no?

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President

1. Re: Free Hyperspace Pinball Apr 12, 2013, 07:20 ViRGE

This is the first I've heard of Desura. So it's yet another Steam clone? Pass.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo