Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Jagged Alliance Coming

Danish independent developer Full Control (Space Hulk) announces a licensing agreement they've entered into with bitComposer Games for a new multiplatform title in the Jagged Alliance series. Details are pretty scant for now, here's the full announcement:

Copenhagen, Denmark - April 11th - Danish indie studio Full Control today announced that it has signed a licensing agreement with bitComposer Games to develop and publish a new undisclosed multiplatform title in the Jagged Alliance franchise.

“Jagged Alliance fits perfectly into our company strategy and portfolio as the game to do after we ship Space Hulk. It is one of the 3 games besides X-Com and Fallout that really defined the entire genre and is part of our DNA”, said Thomas Hentschel Lund, CEO of Full Control. “We are honored and excited to have been the confidence given by bitComposer to give the series a fresh new take whilst staying true to the core mechanics.”

“We have been keeping an eye on Full Control for the last couple of years and have been suitably impressed with their take on turn-based tactical gaming and in particular their awesome work in bringing the classic Space Hulk franchise back to life”, said Wolfgang Duhr, Board of Directors of bitComposer Games, “We are excited to learn more about their plans for the franchise”.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: New Jagged Alliance Coming Apr 12, 2013, 07:25 Beamer

Julio wrote on Apr 12, 2013, 06:06:
JA2 was great, but way too buggy.

Then turn off scifi mode.

!

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: New Jagged Alliance Coming Apr 12, 2013, 06:06 Julio

JA2 was great, but way too buggy.  

12. Re: New Jagged Alliance Coming Apr 11, 2013, 20:04 Dmitri_M

Kosh401 wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 18:50:
I didn't mind JA2 after that last big patch that added sector inventory. Before that I found it too tedious.

I know zombies are done to death (har) but I was on a DayZ kick at the time and remember thinking a zombie survival game could be cool with the JA2 engine (inventory, group systems, etc). Too bad it was so un-moddable :/

The best thing about JA was the realised characters. So fun, so full of character. Endearing. A rare quality for a game. Versus most other games which are full of..zombies. Even when the characters aren't intended to be zombies, they are.

11. Re: New Jagged Alliance Coming Apr 11, 2013, 19:57 D4rkKnight

JA2 with 1.13 mod is an amazing game with an impressive arsenal of weaponry. If you think all JA games were bad you clearly never played the series. Regardless of gameplay preferences, it is clear the game was phenomenal whether you enjoyed it or not.  

10. Re: New Jagged Alliance Coming Apr 11, 2013, 19:26 Wowbagger_TIP

What I really didn't like was that stealth never really seemed to work for me as a viable approach to a map. It always devolved into luring them to snipers and hoping they didn't get lucky headshots when they sprayed auto fire at me. They could seem to detect you no matter what you do to be stealthy.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

9. Re: New Jagged Alliance Coming Apr 11, 2013, 18:50 Kosh401

I didn't mind JA2 after that last big patch that added sector inventory. Before that I found it too tedious.

I know zombies are done to death (har) but I was on a DayZ kick at the time and remember thinking a zombie survival game could be cool with the JA2 engine (inventory, group systems, etc). Too bad it was so un-moddable :/

8. Re: New Jagged Alliance Coming Apr 11, 2013, 18:46 Bumpy

I can see it already, Jagged Alliance first/third person shooter with cover system and checkpoints.

Everything after JA2 is garbage IMO.

7. Re: New Jagged Alliance Coming Apr 11, 2013, 17:43 PHJF

WE HAVE SOME INCONVENIENCES TO DISPOSE OF  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

6. Re: New Jagged Alliance Coming Apr 11, 2013, 17:21 Bhruic

Beamer wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 14:07:
2 STILL stands out as the best squad TBS game ever made. The only game that you can argue as better is the original XCOM.

Personally I found JA1 to be better than JA2. But both were quite good.

5. Re: New Jagged Alliance Coming Apr 11, 2013, 17:13 Dmitri_M

RollinThundr wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 14:03:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 12:42:
Well, the last one was disappointing for me. They really need to work on the AI, from what I was seeing.

Take any JA game and you can say the same thing. I'm kinda amazed this IP keeps getting remade, all the JA titles have been pretty crap.

lol good one you

you fat slob

4. Re: New Jagged Alliance Coming Apr 11, 2013, 16:44 ShakyJake

The developer of the new Space Hulk game? I might be reading too much into this, but maybe we can take that as an indication it'll be turn-based again? I just hope they learn from the mistakes of the last game, and make a full game and not just a watered-down remake with less features than the original games it was emulating.  

3. Re: New Jagged Alliance Coming Apr 11, 2013, 14:07 Beamer

RollinThundr wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 14:03:
Well, the last one was disappointing for me. They really need to work on the AI, from what I was seeing.

Take any JA game and you can say the same thing. I'm kinda amazed this IP keeps getting remade, all the JA titles have been pretty crap.

Did you just call JA1 and JA2 "pretty crap?"

2 STILL stands out as the best squad TBS game ever made. The only game that you can argue as better is the original XCOM.

Every other game before or after pales in comparison.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: New Jagged Alliance Coming Apr 11, 2013, 14:03 RollinThundr

1. Re: New Jagged Alliance Coming Apr 11, 2013, 12:42 Wowbagger_TIP

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo