Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

PC Gamer - Ultra-widescreen- can 21-9 be a new standard for gaming?
Iíve used multi-screen displays to create a wraparound image in-game for some work Iíve been doing recently, using stereo drivers from both AMD and Nvidia. The extra width that offers gives you peripheral vision for FPS games and an extra sensation of speed in driving titles too. These 21:9 screens simply donít offer the same benefits. The image is flat in front of you so there is none of the positives from the wraparound peripheral images, and youíll still suffer from lower frame rates as the extra resolution width makes greater demands on your hardware.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Op Ed Apr 11, 2013, 15:49 Julio

Blue wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 11:05:
Julio wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 05:53:
Another no. Good try to have a new monitor selling windfall. How much cash did PC Lamer get paid to run the article?

Not sure why you say that. The article doesn't seem to favor the idea, it's just exploring it. And the pull quote here is also basically negative.

Two reasons...anything in PC Gamer is suspect after the 96% score DA2 got. Secondly, I think they're starting a debate on the topic to warm up the idea that 21:9 displays make sense. Maybe I'm cynical because of the source, maybe not

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Op Ed Apr 11, 2013, 11:05  Blue 

Julio wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 05:53:
Another no. Good try to have a new monitor selling windfall. How much cash did PC Lamer get paid to run the article?

Not sure why you say that. The article doesn't seem to favor the idea, it's just exploring it. And the pull quote here is also basically negative.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

7. Re: Op Ed Apr 11, 2013, 10:38 Ant

I still use LCD 5:4 and CRT 4:3 screens.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

6. Re: Op Ed Apr 11, 2013, 05:53 Julio

5. Re: Op Ed Apr 11, 2013, 05:22 netnerd85

No.  

4. Re: Op Ed Apr 11, 2013, 02:17 Cutter

I'd like one of those but yeah, too pricey by far atm.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: More Big Picture Details Apr 10, 2013, 21:28 HorrorScope

If Oculus doesn't work out I'll probably look this way.

Not a bad little review of the Oculus kit and demo with Team Fortress.

2. Re: Op Ed Apr 10, 2013, 20:46 phorce phed

bhcompy wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 20:44:
No. 21:10 maybe.

This.

1. Re: Op Ed Apr 10, 2013, 20:44 bhcompy

No. 21:10 maybe.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer