Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 9, 2013, 07:23 Redmask

Prez wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 00:15:
Creston wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 15:13:
I fear we'll have soon seen the end of Hulu...

Creston

It deserves to die. It has been abhorrently mismanaged. Couple that with the absolutely obscene limitations it is saddled with because of archaic and backward-looking contracts. Such a shame - it could have been incredibly useful.

Exactly this, Hulu is a textbook case in content companies killing off a useful idea.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 9, 2013, 00:15 Prez

Creston

It deserves to die. It has been abhorrently mismanaged. Couple that with the absolutely obscene limitations it is saddled with because of archaic and backward-looking contracts. Such a shame - it could have been incredibly useful.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: Newscorp eh? Apr 8, 2013, 20:26 killer_roach

mag wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 16:04:
Bard wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 15:39:
In other words, they want to fill Hulu with propaganda news flashes.

Rupert Murdoch is the foremost propagandist of modern times, Goebbels had NOTHING on him.

Hulu is already (jointly) owned by News Corp. Peter Chernin is the man that is bidding $500M, not Murdoch.

Don't worry, the nice men in the white coats and nets will be coming by to remedy the situation with our esteemed colleague here.

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 8, 2013, 19:21 Cutter

Creston

That's ok, we've never even seen the begining of it. So no great loss.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

7. Re: Newscorp eh? Apr 8, 2013, 16:04 mag

Bard wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 15:39:

Rupert Murdoch is the foremost propagandist of modern times, Goebbels had NOTHING on him.

Hulu is already (jointly) owned by News Corp. Peter Chernin is the man that is bidding $500M, not Murdoch.

6. Newscorp eh? Apr 8, 2013, 15:39 Bard

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 8, 2013, 15:13 Creston

Creston

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 8, 2013, 14:17 MindStalker3

Beamer wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 10:21:
Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 10:08:
That banner ad story is pretty interesting and troubling. Let's hope that's an idea and practice that can be beaten down...

There's a comment in the article that makes it sound like CMA internally is in a bit of disagreement over this. Sadly, the comment is referencing a communication prior to the EULA change.

CMA is either seriously hurting, or some jackass there met these R66T guys at some conference and got sold onto this being a huge revenue stream. I don't see it going well for the company, and I don't see it going well for whomever is pushing this idea internally.

Heck, if they offered a free internet service with ads, some people would jump at it. But injecting ads into a connection you are paying good money for is not going to make for loyal customers.

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 8, 2013, 13:56 m0deth

ISP ad-injection is now an old story...Reddit, two weeks ago...why is it only now folks take notice?

Oh...'cause Apple's 'pristine' white and grey site was mucked up with color! Oh noes!

This is what happens when you don't regulate properly, and fail to uphold regulations in the first place with full prosecution, and prison time.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 8, 2013, 10:21 Beamer

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 10:08:
That banner ad story is pretty interesting and troubling. Let's hope that's an idea and practice that can be beaten down...

There's a comment in the article that makes it sound like CMA internally is in a bit of disagreement over this. Sadly, the comment is referencing a communication prior to the EULA change.

CMA is either seriously hurting, or some jackass there met these R66T guys at some conference and got sold onto this being a huge revenue stream. I don't see it going well for the company, and I don't see it going well for whomever is pushing this idea internally.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 8, 2013, 10:08 Mr. Tact

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo