Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's Valve's list of the 10 bestselling games on Steam for the week:

1. BioShock Infinite
  2. Defiance
  3. Age of Empires II: HD Editions
  4. Torchlight II
  5. Arma III
  6. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  7. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
  8. Kerbal Space Program
  9. Dead Island Riptide
  10. Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack

View
74 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

74. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 10, 2013, 06:11 SpectralMeat

yuastnav wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 05:46:
Yeah, after having watched a few videos I really want to have my own flight to the Mün, and back. Though it's not going to be easy, which is good, but I don't think I have the time for that.
At least you can save the flight and ship configs etc.
Also you can speed up time ones you are out in space.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

73. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 10, 2013, 05:46 yuastnav

Yeah, after having watched a few videos I really want to have my own flight to the Mün, and back. Though it's not going to be easy, which is good, but I don't think I have the time for that.  

72. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 9, 2013, 23:02 SpectralMeat

Dev wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 21:45:
JohnnyRotten wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 17:11:
NegaDeath wrote on Apr 7, 2013, 20:32:
I finally got a Kerbal into space...unfortunately for him I didn't plan very well past the "get into space part" so he's on a .....very long journey right now. Very very long.

I've left a few of those behind. I spent a lot of time designing rescue ships that would link with old capsule and take it back to earth.
You can do that? Is it possible? Do they keep track of that stuff in game?

AWESOME
Yep you can do all sorts of stuff.
I've heard people are building space stations and stuff like that.

I finally broke down and bought the game myself.
I've had no problem to get to space with my very first ship but I would like to go to a different planet, or moon.
There areso many possibilities with this game. It is going to be a huge time sink. So much fun.

Steam: SpectralMeat

71. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 9, 2013, 21:45 Dev

JohnnyRotten wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 17:11:
I finally got a Kerbal into space...unfortunately for him I didn't plan very well past the "get into space part" so he's on a .....very long journey right now. Very very long.

I've left a few of those behind. I spent a lot of time designing rescue ships that would link with old capsule and take it back to earth.
You can do that? Is it possible? Do they keep track of that stuff in game?

AWESOME

70. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2013, 20:30 killer_roach

I find it funny that people are trying to discuss the physics rationale for many-worlds theory, when it's more the philosophical ones that Levine is more interested in (he of the famous "have to put a useless liberal-arts degree to good use" quote during the development of the original Bioshock).  

69. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2013, 18:30 nin

JohnnyRotten wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 17:25:
nin wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 17:16:
I spent a lot of time designing rescue ships that would link with old capsule and take it back to earth.

Were you able to do it?

Only twice. Some of my early designs didn't have a forward hatch. On those I tried to push them down out of orbit, but that generally ended in an explosion.

I had three with hatches, but the first time I brought one down the parachute location on the rescue vehicle caused spin issues, and the original capsule exploded when it hit the ground. I fixed that for rescues 2 and 3. It was really fun matching up the orbits and using RCS to join the ships. Got some cool screen shots laying around somewhere.

That sounds awesome!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

68. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2013, 17:30 JohnnyRotten

nin wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 17:18:
For here
Am I sitting in a tin can

I was just listening to ziggy stardust earlier...small world.

I played that over and over as I tried to make it to, and then after a few flights, land on the mun.

67. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2013, 17:25 JohnnyRotten

nin wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 17:16:
I spent a lot of time designing rescue ships that would link with old capsule and take it back to earth.

Were you able to do it?

Only twice. Some of my early designs didn't have a forward hatch. On those I tried to push them down out of orbit, but that generally ended in an explosion.

I had three with hatches, but the first time I brought one down the parachute location on the rescue vehicle caused spin issues, and the original capsule exploded when it hit the ground. I fixed that for rescues 2 and 3. It was really fun matching up the orbits and using RCS to join the ships. Got some cool screen shots laying around somewhere.

66. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2013, 17:18 nin

For here

I was just listening to ziggy stardust earlier...small world.

65. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2013, 17:17 JohnnyRotten

killer_roach wrote on Apr 7, 2013, 20:39:

"I know a boy who couldn't stand the ground
And always he was skyward bound
The saddest thing is he's up there now
But all he says is he wants to come down"
- from Phideaux's song "Kiteman"

For here
Far above the world
Planet Earth is blue
And there's nothing I can do

Though I'm past one hundred thousand miles
I'm feeling very still
And I think my spaceship knows which way to go
Tell my wife I love her very much (she knows!)
Ground Control to Major Tom
Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong
Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you hear...

64. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2013, 17:16 nin

Were you able to do it?

63. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2013, 17:11 JohnnyRotten

62. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2013, 17:07 JohnnyRotten

Dev wrote on Apr 7, 2013, 16:16:
Kerbal... fine, I broke down and got it.

After watching videos like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9lCOTfTQVk
(someone's attempt to make a space shuttle style vehicle)

I pretty much had to get it. Even though its not on sale.

Its great to see so many non AAA type titles on the list.

KSP is ridiculously fun. I played it for a week just to keep trying out different failure combinations before I turned to the wiki.

61. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2013, 14:30 briktal

Hearing people talk about Bioshock Infinite reminds me of those jokes about game reviews where the review is just a huge list of reasons why the game is bad then ends with "10/10 GOTY"  

60. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2013, 12:25 Kastagir

Wow. People can't seem to get enough of checkpoint saves and poor mouse control.  

59. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2013, 10:53 eRe4s3r

Yeah But Quantum Mechanics is the most interesting... I will start with basic physics and algebra at some point But I kinda do it backwards.  

58. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2013, 10:44 Overon

Well then you have a difficult task to discover what you don't understand. If I was you I would take it tiny pieces at a time.  

57. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2013, 10:16 eRe4s3r

To be honest, I find a good quantum mechanic curse should start with basic physics, math and even a pinch of chemistry. You can not learn something correctly when half of what ye learned before is nowadays mostly incorrect, and sometimes fatally wrong and worse, forgotten (high algebra..). The course you linked is great for students, but not for people who went through education many years ago that omitted IMPORTANT relationships in ALL elements of the education, heck, Photons. Until a few years ago I had a completely different and wrong idea of what Photons are and how they work.

I just want to understand it. Basically, I have no intention making money with it. I just want to achieve understanding of the (physical) world I live in. Courses are probably not the way to do that for me.

First I need to find what else is outdated knowledge and wrong knowledge in my brain.

56. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2013, 10:09 nin

FloorPie wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 10:06:
$20 for AOE2HD? Yeah, I'll wait and see what the next steam sale brings. I liked the original but not that much.

After MsExplosion having GFMFWL, I'm waiting to see if this one has it too, before buying...

55. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2013, 10:06 FloorPie

$20 for AOE2HD? Yeah, I'll wait and see what the next steam sale brings. I liked the original but not that much.  

74 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo