Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sanguine Nights Kickstarter Correction

We have to apologize for causing some confusion, as when Wesp5 included word of the Kickstarter for Sanguine Nights: Darkest Blood along with his patch news yesterday we assumed he was part of the Kickstarter, which is not the case, he was passing that along as related news for another project that makes its virtual home at Planet Vampire. Sorry about that. To end on a positive note, here's a quick refresher on the Kickstarter: "Sanguine Nights Darkest Blood is a 3D multiplayer, action/RPG hybrid built upon the Unity game engine, available upon release for Linux, Mac and PC. The game itself is set in the dystopian city of New Tenebra, where ancient creatures guilty of the sin of hubris were cursed by God and rejected by the natural order, although the races of Vampirism share little in common."

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Sanguine Nights Kickstarter Correction Apr 6, 2013, 13:49 eRe4s3r

So what exactly is it going to be then? Server based MP/COOP/PVP Sandbox with Quests and static NPC's? Sounds like an MMO in a broad sense, which is what scares everyone.

Also in your description you should focus on how the gameplay is going to look and work. Currently I doubt anyone can see what kind of game you wish to make. Remember.. the idea is in your head or working 1% on your PC, we have to construct for ourselves what you want to do. And the description is too obtuse.. it's hard to explain.. say how the game is going to play in MP, in PVP, in COOP, in SP. Don't give us buzz-words I am guessing 90% are scared away just by reading ->
Sanguine Nights Darkest Blood is a 3D multiplayer, action/RPG hybrid
It implies MMO.. well, imo.

And also, most everyone here knows 75k kickstarter money = 50k real money, is not gonna make a good MP game. CERTAINLY not a strong SP RPG game. Which is now even more than few years ago, 40% story, 50% companions, and the rest....... Strong companions especially now that people saw a well made one in Bioshock Infinite, are going to be even more vital now.

I don't wish your kickstarter to fail, though I am not all that hopeful. If it were an SP RPG even then I would be holding back because I had well enough of the dystopian style vampires stories. And you'd have to measure up to Bloodlines as well...

Basically, I'd love an 1400ad european style, fully immersive "you are vampire, deal with it" sandbox with VERY strong companions and some kind of meta-plot system, with many different paths to take. The game would constantly be updated to include new companion interactions and quests. That'd be awesome to have to be honest..... but it's not what you are selling (I am just mumbling...)

Aaaaaanyhow...

This comment was edited on Apr 6, 2013, 14:01.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Sanguine Nights Kickstarter Correction Apr 6, 2013, 13:33 Cutter

Best of luck, Stephen. That being said, most folks around here would be far more interested in a strong SP game first and/or only. And as absurd as it may sound, 70k actually does seem quite low in that regard.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: Sanguine Nights Kickstarter Correction Apr 6, 2013, 13:02 Stephen Webb

Hello ladies and gentlemen, my name is Stephen Webb, and I am the lead developer for Sanguine Nights: Darkest Blood. I wanted to help clear up any misunderstandings regarding the nature of the Kickstarter. SN:DB is not merely a MP title. Our right up over at Kickstarter indicates as much, though the info is at the bottom of the page, we are working at reformatting the page layout so as to clear up any misconceptions that are being broadcast on multiple social media. The SP quest chain that is described on the stretch goal graphic is a story driven event that will lead into our full SP game that is to take place in antiquity. Building a video game starting from the perspective of SP and then adding MP gives a disconnected feeling between the two modes, we have built the MP framework so as to accommodate gameplay from SP perspective as well as coop and PvP. This we feel better integrates the two game game types as one whole.
Thank you, Stephen Webb

2. Re: Sanguine Nights Kickstarter Correction Apr 6, 2013, 12:24 Creston

Soon they're going to rename Unity into "The Kickstarter Engine."

Creston

1. Re: Sanguine Nights Kickstarter Correction Apr 6, 2013, 12:07 Acleacius

Hehe, yeah had me confused. Think we both were trying to send you info on Sanguine Nights Darkest Blood.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo