Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans

A German-language interview on Heise online has word that AMD intends to add Battlefield 4 to some of the bundles of games included with some of their future graphics cards surrounding the upcoming release of the next installment in DICE's military shooter series. Here's a machine translation of a response from Roy Taylor, AMD Corporate Vice President of Global Channel Sales: "It's not official yet. But it was presented at the Game Developer Conference, and the AMD Gaming Evolved logo already appeared online in the context of the game. Your readers can expect that Battlefield will be part of a 4-Never Settle bundles." Thanks X-bit labs via VG247.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 8, 2013, 04:46 Jerykk

Also learn your timeline, Steam isn't even 10 years old yet, let alone 10 years behind Origin which is a re-branded EA downloader which has existed since 2006. that's right a whole 2 years behind the 2004 release of Steam. get your facts right.

The problem is that Steam is better than Origin so Origin feels redundant. If Origin were better than Steam, people would be more open to it. Same with Uplay. Granted, Steam has the inherent advantage of being the most popular so most people are already invested in it. I have over a 1000 games on Steam. Many people want all their games in one place, so I can see why anything that splits their library would be unappealing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 7, 2013, 23:10 Redmask

That's ok, you can't blow up most of the walls in BF3 either, it managed to have less destruction than Bad Company 2. You'll never find a world with so many indestructible shipping containers and rebar laying around Rolleyes

BF4 looks too samey as BF3, more destruction and maybe some boats, whoa that was a worth a yearly installment. They just finished making DLC for the last game this month for fucks sake.

16. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 7, 2013, 19:37 Rea1One

Trevellian wrote on Apr 7, 2013, 11:52:
You'd think with all of the debri and destruction that the Frostbite engine provides they'd do the competent thing and bundle it with a 680GTX and enable PhysX.

I'm kind of spoiled by Planetside 2 now that they have turned PhysX on, it truly does make the destruction beautiful.

Planetside 2 doesn't have destruction, it uses PhysX APEX Particles and PhysX debris effects. You can not blow up a Tech Plant or Amp Station at all, you can't even blow up walls like you can in Battlefield 3/4.

15. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 7, 2013, 17:44 Slick

deqer wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 18:47:
Only the blind can't see that any deal or bundle you see with BF4 is just an attempt to suck you into EA's Origin portal; and you haven't realized yet that Origin does not exist for YOU as a customer/gamer. It exists only for the corporation. They didn't make Origin for you; they made it for themselves because of greed, and control.

Steam is FREE. Origin is FREE. So, ask yourself, why does Origin even exist in the first place if both are free? Whatever answer you come up with, it's not going to be an answer that describes something that it's in your favor or something related to you.

EA cried at Steam's terms and cried about losing a teeny tiny cut of $, and that was enough for them to be all like "let's make our own! it will work, because we'll just pull Battlefield out of Steam and Stores, and force it on Origin only! yah!!!"

DICE/FrostBite/Battiefield franchise is the only thing EA has to attempt to suck you in.

Good day, sheeple. "Any remember kids! Origin is 10 years behind Steam."

so many ignorant gamers out there, where to begin!

you really don't know the reason? think. it's not that difficult.

valve made steam to tell their publisher Vivendi to go fuck themselves, that they were tired of giving their profits to a 3rd party company.

EA made origin for the EXACT SAME REASON. they were tired of giving their profits to other publishers (aka steam).

it's called exclusive content. if you made a product, and sold it through other stores, say walmart, and walmart took a cut of every sale you made, wouldn't it be a smart idea to just open up your own store? one that's owned, managed, and run by YOU? so you keep all the profits?

love how anti-competition is godly when it's valve, but when anyone else does it, it's crimimal. learn what capitalism is, then come back.

Also learn your timeline, Steam isn't even 10 years old yet, let alone 10 years behind Origin which is a re-branded EA downloader which has existed since 2006. that's right a whole 2 years behind the 2004 release of Steam. get your facts right.

but sure you should hate anything that came after the first people to do it right? so you hate all other digital content distributors? gamefly? GoG? greenman gaming? they're all "NOT STEAM".

i'll never understand how an article saying: "giving away free game" can possibly garner so much hate. people have some seriously twisted agendas on here sometimes. Next time a store that isn't walmart offers you a free product, make sure to picket out front of that store telling the world how evil it is that the product isn't sold at wal-mart.

14. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 7, 2013, 12:07 Zardoz5

Trevellian wrote on Apr 7, 2013, 11:52:
You'd think with all of the debri and destruction that the Frostbite engine provides they'd do the competent thing and bundle it with a 680GTX and enable PhysX.

I'm kind of spoiled by Planetside 2 now that they have turned PhysX on, it truly does make the destruction beautiful.
Physx is good? Uggggh... Its just proprietary baloney that Nvidia uses to lure devs into implementing something "exclusively" with Physx, in exchange for money, marketing resources, etc, that they could've easily done for any graphics card without using Physx.

Thankfully DICE has stayed far away from that type of crap. I have both ATI and Nvidia hardware but I don't support games which use this.

13. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 7, 2013, 11:52 Trevellian

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

12. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 7, 2013, 08:41 Armengar

But what does origin do that steam doesnt? What does origin do better than steam?  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

11. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 7, 2013, 07:33 dj LiTh

They'd be better off bundeling some proprietary amd bitcoin miner...only way i'd ever be interested in an AMD gpu  

10. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 6, 2013, 19:45 LittleMe

Well hopefully Origin competing with Steam and other DD game services will keep Steam healthy with some competition. I don't blame EA for trying their own service and not wanting to be beholden to Steam/Valve.

Steam is FREE. Origin is FREE. So, ask yourself, why does Origin even exist in the first place if both are free? Whatever answer you come up with, it's not going to be an answer that describes something that it's in your favor or something related to you.

This is how Soviet Russians thought. 'Why have several brands of the same product when one is enough and no different?' Such thinking ignores the gradual but powerful evolutionary forces over time created by healthy competition. Consumer choice is a very powerful thing. Sure, Origin has many faults, but it's likely that, just like Steam, the service will improve greatly.

As long as EA doesn't have a government-granted monopoly (or favoritism laws) and the Internet is a place where freedom can flourish, they'll be beholden to natural market forces that will keep them in check from destroying all of mankind and the planet from an greedy corporate black hole that you foresee.

All that said, I do keep Origin in a separate Windows install so they don't spy on me. I don't trust them very much. Haven't booted into it for months now. I am also skeptical of some of their intentions.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

9. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 6, 2013, 18:47 deqer

Only the blind can't see that any deal or bundle you see with BF4 is just an attempt to suck you into EA's Origin portal; and you haven't realized yet that Origin does not exist for YOU as a customer/gamer. It exists only for the corporation. They didn't make Origin for you; they made it for themselves because of greed, and control.

EA cried at Steam's terms and cried about losing a teeny tiny cut of $, and that was enough for them to be all like "let's make our own! it will work, because we'll just pull Battlefield out of Steam and Stores, and force it on Origin only! yah!!!"

DICE/FrostBite/Battiefield franchise is the only thing EA has to attempt to suck you in.

Good day, sheeple. "Any remember kids! Origin is 10 years behind Steam."

8. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 6, 2013, 17:52 Flak

I still haven't heard a single thing mentioned about the absolutely pathetic netcode.

If they're still using client-side hit registration, this game will be a massive steaming pile of shit before the 'alpha' *server stress test* is released.

Hey DICE, maybe you should just take it a step further and go the Modern Warfare route, seeing as you have your lips firmly planted around the cocks of Activision, go ahead and remove dedicated servers entirely and use peer hosting, I think that would be a great idea, use advertising to plaster the peer hosted loading screen to bring in additional revenues. Maybe provide *exclusive* 24-player dedicated servers to Platinum Elite Yolo Swag Black Jesus Premium Players™.

7. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 6, 2013, 15:01 CJ_Parker

AMD graphics card + Battlefield 4 = The Ultimate Bundle Of Epic Phail  

6. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 6, 2013, 15:01 ASeven

A friend of mine, a BF3 fanboi unfortunately, wasn't aware of the new BF4 footage. When I showed it to him he said he was now quite excited for this new expansion for BF3.

Knowing that DICE lied throughout the development of BF3, lied after BF3 was released, was slow in making patches and even so they didn't fix half the problems of BF3, knowing that DICE doesn't care about cheaters in their own game and allows them to roam free in BF3, only a fucking imbecile will pre-order BF4. DICE has done nothing to earn our money, if anything they have done a lot to not earn any money, ever.

5. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 6, 2013, 14:30 DangerDog

I thought Battlelog was a crap idea at first, needing to reload the game essentially if you wanted to switch servers. The slow loading times of the maps included with the base game drove me into upgrading to SSD, one of the better upgrades I've done to my system.

DICE have never been any good at making server browsers for their games and while there are still negatives with battlelog it is a major upgrade from their previous attempts. Previously I always used an out of game server browser for nearly all Battlefield games and joined by having the game launch via ip address connection.

as long as they don't do some twisted integration with facebook - requiring you to have a facebook account to play then I'll keep using origin and battlelog.

4. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 6, 2013, 14:15 Zardoz5

deqer wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 13:38:
Must be Online and Register through Origin.
Funny how games where the predominate game mode is online require that. I hate how Valve requires I register their games through Steam! Blizzard too, what gives?

Jokes aside I don't like how BF3 uses Battlelog to control all aspects of the game on PC. As far as I know there isn't a way to launch any aspect of the game the old-fashioned way. That to me is the most disturbing thing EA has done in a looooong time.

3. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 6, 2013, 13:50 DangerDog

The value is devalued by the fact that it wont include the pre-order bonus DLC but it also means you'll be able to pick the core game up super cheap on ebay.

Nvidia doesn't seem to be budging much on price for their cards and for me anyway the "free-2-play" game credits are completely worthless.

2. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 6, 2013, 13:46 ochentay4

Oh yeah I want B4 with my future new video card, Ive been stuck with my 6850 for a while... Giving free games with new video cards its fantastic. It promotes buying new video cards and obviously it worked just fine for AMD.  

1. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 6, 2013, 13:38 deqer

Must be Online and Register through Origin.  

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo