Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Metaverse

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 8, 2013, 09:01 nin

RoboNerd wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 21:23:
Re: Could Austin, TX be getting Google Fiber? We'll find out April 9.

Dear Austinites or Austinians, take it from someone in the KC Metro - you will be inundated with news coverage and ads leading you to think internet heaven is just around the corner, when in fact it is a looooong time coming if at all. My house sits well inside the green Central KC Zone for Google Fiber as displayed on Google's website, but when I asked about the timeline, Google says they have no current plans to connect my area. I then pointed out that my house clearly resides in the green zone and their response is "Thanks for bringing this issue forward we will have our team review that."

You're like a friend of mine who lived a block over from DSL access, but didn't get any sort of "high speed" until last year...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 6, 2013, 22:33 sliv

Yep, just because they're saying it's coming to us, I think it will be a long time before we can actually have it available. I am glad to hear it's coming though!  

4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 6, 2013, 22:23 canuck

I hope Google Fiber comes to Canada soon. Our ISP's are terrible. Sadly, I don't think they will be here for a long time.  

3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 6, 2013, 21:23 RoboNerd

Re: Could Austin, TX be getting Google Fiber? We'll find out April 9.

Dear Austinites or Austinians, take it from someone in the KC Metro - you will be inundated with news coverage and ads leading you to think internet heaven is just around the corner, when in fact it is a looooong time coming if at all. My house sits well inside the green Central KC Zone for Google Fiber as displayed on Google's website, but when I asked about the timeline, Google says they have no current plans to connect my area. I then pointed out that my house clearly resides in the green zone and their response is "Thanks for bringing this issue forward we will have our team review that."

2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 6, 2013, 17:58 Flak

Looks like some sources are starting to confirm that G-Fibe is in fact coming to Austin:

http://www.kvue.com/home/Google-Fiber-coming-to-Austin-201695291.html

I really hope this is the beginning of their long-term roll out strategy. It's about time the US (and North America for that matter) join the rest of the world with proper 21st century internet access.

1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 6, 2013, 13:22 nin

Could Austin, TX be getting Google Fiber? We'll find out April 9.

Man, I hope so - the quicker they expand, the better for everyone. They're either going to run other providers out of town, or force them to be extremely competitive.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo