Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Okay, I think I have everything back in order on my work PC, which got rewarded for having to endure an OS reinstall with RAM and hard drive upgrades, so it's actually now in a better state than it was before I broke everything. Now let me find something else around here that's not broken so I can "fix" it.

Fixable Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Jim Loves Mary.
Links: Under the Sea with Mister B. Dr. Seuss-style game cover, like the one below.
Some Time to Kill in Silent Hill. Thanks OTLGaming via Laughing Squid.
My Favorite Roger Ebert Stories.
Stories: The next big thing- New beer can goes topless.
Science: Breakthrough in hydrogen fuel production could revolutionize alternative energy market.
Media: SCTV Sneak Previews.
Worlds Coolest Dog.
Bob Barker (Price is Right) can be quite a dick sometimes.
Homeless Man With A Talented Moustache!.
The Funnies: xkcd: Flowchart.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2013, 18:01 PHJF

Electricity increased productivity like a million fold, while the internet mostly just saps it.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2013, 17:30 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 7, 2013, 10:02:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 7, 2013, 05:29:
That hydrogen story is kind of mind-blowing.
Let's hope it leads somewhere and isn't buried in a closet by corporate interests. Occasionally I read articles like this which seem like, "This is going to change the world" but somehow it never seems to happen. Despite the incredible growth in technology in the last 20 years, I'm left feeling like we somehow have missed the more important advances.

Well, except for THE INTERNET. Arguably the biggest invention since the discovery of electricity.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2013, 10:02 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Apr 7, 2013, 05:29:
That hydrogen story is kind of mind-blowing.
Let's hope it leads somewhere and isn't buried in a closet by corporate interests. Occasionally I read articles like this which seem like, "This is going to change the world" but somehow it never seems to happen. Despite the incredible growth in technology in the last 20 years, I'm left feeling like we somehow have missed the more important advances.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2013, 09:55 sauron

Cutter wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 13:50:
That beer can is brilliant! Can't believe no one came up with this before.

Sapporo used to have something similar on their silver pint cans around 15 years ago, but then for some reason they stopped making them.

But yeah, totally cool idea - I'll be looking out for those for sure. We have a Best Yet supermarket here in Harlem (8th avenue between 118 and 119th St) that has an entire floor just for beer - pretty sure they stock it.

Kittens!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2013, 09:16 eRe4s3r

The question is, does "plant" include "algae" because if it does, there is an interesting thought to be had. -> Self-replenishing hydrogen fuel cells

I think that is really what it takes to get this technology going. Give me a box I put some "food" in and it runs for 10 years... that would sell like water in the dessert.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2013, 05:29 jdreyer

That hydrogen story is kind of mind-blowing. The hydrogen produced is so pure you can use it directly in fuel cells and can be produced from any plant. This isn't corn ethanol, where you have to choose betw food and fuel. This is kind of the holy grail, since it can be used on marginal crops. Hydrogen is a versatile fuel source with unlimited potential, and extremely green when burned (growing plants is less so, but still much better than burning fossil fuels). The problem with it until now has been the massive amounts of electricity required for electrolysis, but ROEI seems much lower with this. There are still questions (doesn't compete with food, but still requires massive amounts of crops, what to do with the waste products, etc.), but this is amazing.  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2013, 21:28 Ant

1badmf wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 18:34:
Creston wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 12:11:
Now let me find something else around here that's not broken so I can "fix" it.

Okay Jeremy Clarkson

Creston

haha. quick,someone do a show like top gear, except with computers. it'll be called "Top Geek".
With Blue as the host?

So Blue, what were the blue screen errors? Computer problems do suck.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2013, 18:34 1badmf

Creston wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 12:11:

Okay Jeremy Clarkson

Creston

haha. quick,someone do a show like top gear, except with computers. it'll be called "Top Geek".

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2013, 16:59 xXBatmanXx

glad you are back up Blue. I hate fixing computers - to many years doing it - now I like just building a new one.....

Saw 2 really good trailers at the beginning of Evil Dead yesterday. Neither of which I knew existed.

The first is a Rob Zombie movie out this month, I will be going to that one: Lords of Salem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_7PBegMKxU

The second looks like it could be a good flick, and the premise behind it is actually pretty wicked. The Purge http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0LLaybEuzA

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2013, 13:50 Cutter

That beer can is brilliant! Can't believe no one came up with this before.

And that guy's mustache thing is trippy as hell.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2013, 12:11 Creston

Okay Jeremy Clarkson

Creston

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo